Platinum laundry

N2Mischief

We use the laundry on almost every cruise. We tell our cabin steward we will be sending out laundry. They pick it up in the morning when they do the first cabin service. It is always back the next morning. Frequently it is back the same night.

We roll or fold our laundry as much as possible to get more into the bags.

As soon as we reach our cabin when we board one of the things we do is check for laundry bags and item lists. To avoid any delays. Also it is a good idea write the word platinum on the bag.

If there are more than one platinum passenger in your cabin make sure you don’t use the same name on more than three bags.

We have been Platinum for a few cruises. We haven't taken advantage of the laundry. We have been told that the laundry is washed at very high temps and clothes fade and shrink. We were also told it sometimes takes up to two days to get your laundry back.

Has this been your experience?? I would LOVE for them to do laundry for us on our next B2B2B2B cruise as I will be recovering from major surgery and won't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds. Carrying laundry will most likely be out.

Yep, only have them wash stuff that you can live without if it gets destroyed or lost. They do wash everything in hot water and in my experience it does come back wrinkled and jumbled up in the bag quite often. It does sometimes take a long time to get it back and you have to watch out that they don't try to charge you for something that platinums are supposed to get for free. I will leave it to you to figure out what stuff would be fine if it faded or wrinkled or whatever but that's all I send to get done for laundry. At least that way I don't have to bring as much of that stuff for a longer cruise and can use the space in my bags to put other things that I will need.

We use the free service every trip. It is always returned neatly folded. I roll everything so tight that I send one bag out and frequently get 2 or 3 bags back...lol

Only once did we have a problem. They lost track of our laundry and finally two days later we received our clothes. Along with many apologies, our laundry was neatly pressed, hanged and bagged in clear bags...even my undies!:o

It is a Platinum perk that I love.:)

Edited by Gold Mine Gal
adding a phrase