Royal Caribbean Websire Issue may cancel your cruise.

sajaann411

We're on a B2B in January. I paid the cruises off in full in October and since it's tagged as a B2B, I can't see any pricing when I look online either under my cruises or countdown to cruise. I'm a little nervous now after reading this thread. I guess I'd better call C & A dept. tomorrow! I'd hate to have my cruise cancelled after booking it a year and a half ago.

Count me as someone who often checks my reservation using "My Cruises" link. No real reason other than to make sure my cabin hasn't been changed, etc. I booked earlier this year and the cruise isn't until next August. Now I'm afraid to go look at my balance due. The cruise is now $4300 more than what we booked :eek:

I can say last time I checked it a few days ago, the balance due was the same as it was the day I booked the cruise. I'm hoping I didn't mess things up.

When I do this I don't see any pricing at all on my reservations...am I missing something? The only way I see prices is thru My Cruises...

Same thing with me, I have been wondering too what I'm doing wrong because I don't see any prices there. Only thing I can see is Reservation #, Online Check-in, Cruise Documentation, Cabin #, Cruise planner and Preferences & Requests.

I have tried this with reservations already paid and reservations not paid yet and neither one shows price for me.

This happened to me as well. You are suppose to click on "Before you Board' I was told never to click on my Cruises ever.

Its a glitch in their website. Honnestly its the stupidest thing Ive ever heard, its too bad they cant fix their website.

I ussd log on all the time back in the day when I used a TA. Now I book on my own i am too scared to look at anything :|

Wow, so this is still an issue! :mad: I had the same thing happen, can't remember exactly what the problem with my reservation was during our New Years cruise but I had to call several times to make sure it was resolved and was told not to use My Cruises. And this is almost a year ago! :-O

Now, for my upcoming cruise, I guess I should be going through Before you Board - Countdown to cruise, and from there how do I see the balance? I am fully paid and so I just want to make sure I still have 0 balance in there. Anyone can help me, please?

Wow, so this is still an issue! :mad: I had the same thing happen, can't remember exactly what the problem with my reservation was during our New Years cruise but I had to call several times to make sure it was resolved and was told not to use My Cruises. And this is almost a year ago! :-O

Now, for my upcoming cruise, I guess I should be going through Before you Board - Countdown to cruise, and from there how do I see the balance? I am fully paid and so I just want to make sure I still have 0 balance in there. Anyone can help me, please?

Been having the same problem since I got them to upgrade to another category. Happened Saturday and it has been changing itself three times since then. I have even gone in the " Before you Board " way and it still messed it up.

Been having the same problem since I got them to upgrade to another category. Happened Saturday and it has been changing itself three times since then. I have even gone in the " Before you Board " way and it still messed it up.

I dont even bother logging into it anymore. When i call to make a payment i get them to send a updated invoice.

I want to book a few excursions for my wife for a Christmas gift, Really worried about doing that as well.

Ok - after being on hold for 23 minutes got my cruise price fixed back to the original amount. She was very nice and said she gets 5 to 10 calls a day on the "my cruise" issue. I assume it will never be fixed as Royal makes money off the problem. For every call that's made to Royal to get a fix there is someone out there who doen't realize their cruise price went up.

Edited by Beachammo

Clicking on “My Cruises” to go to a web address is hardly likely to cause changes in the reservation. Customer Support reps telling folks this Urban Legend keeps the myth alive.

There are many problems with RC’s website application, but remember that there is an interface program between the website and database that holds the guest information, and the actual application that generates the reservation. Anywhere in this system process can produce inaccurate information, due to bugs in programming, reverting to older database back-ups, system maintenance/upgrades, etc.

I doubt very seriously that clicking on a web link is causing reservations and pre-cruise planning to disappear. This is an Urban Legend, i.e., a hoax. The problem is with the programming. But, if it makes you feel better not to click on My Cruises, then RC’s reps will continue to perpetuate this Urban Legend.

Just my humble opinion being expressed here….(Not trying to throw a flame.)

Clicking on “My Cruises” to go to a web address is hardly likely to cause changes in the reservation.

I agree that clicking on a link itself probably does not cause the changes. However, inherent in even having a "My Cruises" link is the fact that one must be logged in to the website. My guess is that the fact that one is logged in, and navigating to various links within a specific cruise is when the problem appears.

That's why the CSRs suggest to look at the reservation the "back" way to prevent changes, which means without logging in.

Edited by clarea

So I took a deep breath and looked at our 3 cruises using - Before you go - countdown to your cruise.

Using that format, I could not see any of my pricing! There is no tab that shows rates, payments, discounts etc. I panicked!!!!! :eek:

Another deep breath and talked myself into trying My Cruises. And there it was, all the pricing and all correct! Whew. :)

Saturday I went into MyCruises and it showed with the expected balance (final payment is due Dec 15). I went in & put all of our check in information in and left the site. When I went back in, it had jumped $500.

I called C&A today and after being on hold for what felt like forever the rep did adjust the price back to what it should be. She said this was common for "sensitive bookings" (her words not mine) that had the pricing created manually. As far as I am aware, I booked under the standard Canadian resident rate so I am not sure why it would be deemed a "sensitive booking".

I was also talking to resolutions today about a different issue and brought up the multiple IT issues I have been experiencing with RCCL and he said RCCL was going through "system updates" recently and it was causing some issues but normally everything works great. I let him know what is know what I have heard based on my research. He also said he was confident I would have a great time on my Oasis cruise next week as it just went through an entire refurbishment. I mentioned I had heard that everything was not completed and open yet and wanted to know if that was true. He said it was not, everything was operational and Dynamic Dining would be available in the spring.

RCCL's IT department is asleep at the switch. I work in that field doing .Net website and application development and their site sucks. It's the front door to their business so you'd think they'd hire people that know what they're doing.

I agree. I've said for years the slowness in making changes, and the shoddy programming, makes me think their local IT department only does maintenance and "push" updates. I think they use offshore programming, so the change request cycle is very slow. Also, they aren't retrofitting new changes and parts of the system break all the time.

I'm a retired software development project manager, and these are the things I would experience when the systems development is done outside the company.

Edited by pcur

I agree. I've said for years the slowness in making changes, and the shoddy programming, makes me think their local IT department only does maintenance and "push" updates. I think they use offshore programming, so the change request cycle is very slow. Also, they aren't retrofitting new changes and parts of the system break all the time.

I'm a retired software development project manager, and these are the things I would experience when the systems development is done outside the company.

I believe the quality of resources or development may be the issue too. I recently had an employment change and I applied to RCI. I am in IT and the rates were not competitive at all. I wonder if that factors into it.

I'd be glad to get in there and grease the machine that gobbles up cash and provides countless memorable sailings.

I believe the quality of resources or development may be the issue too. I recently had an employment change and I applied to RCI. I am in IT and the rates were not competitive at all. I wonder if that factors into it.

I'd be glad to get in there and grease the machine that gobbles up cash and provides countless memorable sailings.

Well, that confirms something I've suspected for years, too. I was a contractor for 14 years before I retired, and found that the companies that had the lowest rates were the ones that used offsite software development. Even companies that had staff in Texas would try to underpay CA contractors, because they refused to accept the CA going rates. It is worse with companies that send programming offshore: they are working with REALLY unrealistic rates.

Good luck to you, by the way!! Have you tried dice.com?

Well, that confirms something I've suspected for years, too. I was a contractor for 14 years before I retired, and found that the companies that had the lowest rates were the ones that used offsite software development. Even companies that had staff in Texas would try to underpay CA contractors, because they refused to accept the CA going rates. It is worse with companies that send programming offshore: they are working with REALLY unrealistic rates.

Good luck to you, by the way!! Have you tried dice.com?

Thanks I landed nicely in NC. Will miss the FL resident rates and being minutes or a few hours away from the FL ports.

I guess checking is a good idea but I would, for the time being, refer to POST #30 for how to check and not risk botching up your price.

UPDATE: went in via the preferred method in Post #30...So far...so good...Went to book an excursion...(well at least to see what was available...)did not select any package or excursion. Went out of that screen and guess what...My ZERO balance from the previous 2 days in now back at ME owing $388 dollars. So now I have to call them again and get it adjusted. Where I work, you would be fired for this gross negligence. Seems like a law suit is just begging to be filed...What really hacks me off is that I would not be any the wiser to the balance until we check in and then it is a real PITA...

I guess checking is a good idea but I would, for the time being, refer to POST #30 for how to check and not risk botching up your price.

UPDATE: went in via the preferred method in Post #30...So far...so good...Went to book an excursion...(well at least to see what was available...)did not select any package or excursion. Went out of that screen and guess what...My ZERO balance from the previous 2 days in now back at ME owing $388 dollars. So now I have to call them again and get it adjusted. Where I work, you would be fired for this gross negligence. Seems like a law suit is just begging to be filed...What really hacks me off is that I would not be any the wiser to the balance until we check in and then it is a real PITA...

Would you mind sharing how do you see your balance when going through Before you Board - Countdown to cruise? I went several times and I cannot figure out where the balance shows in there. I know I can get it if I went through My Cruises but I don't want to do that :(

Edited by MKESail