Grand Mediterranean cruise question

rentlady

We are booked for next sept on the Dawn, sailing out of Venice. Other than our passports, are visas and other documents needed? Has anyone flown delta "comfort air" across the pond and is it equal to British air "premium economy"? Are bulkhead seats reserved for handicap travelers only, which I am?

hi Rentlady,

First of all, I think you are sailing on the Island, not the Dawn?? No visas required for U.S. citizens as Lew said.

Just a word of warning, since you indicated you have mobility issues. Venice is an extremely difficult (but lovely, of course!) city for mobility challenges. Foot bridges with steps, cobblestones, you name it! Please do your research about hotels, getting from airport to hotel, sightseeing options, etc. so you know what you are dealing with.

Good luck!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

No visas, but be sure your passport is valid for 6 months after your return to US because many countries require that. So if you are sailing next September, your passport should not expire prior to March 2016.

Delta comfort air gives you 4" more legroom and the seats recline more. You also get to board first and sit at the front of economy class. You get free alcohol and food on long haul flights (international and coast to coast). Since you are at the front of the plane, you will also get to debark first.

I am on the Dawn out of Boston for Bermuda in May. Sorry about that! I better keep my ships and destinations right. Lol I signed up for Princess greet at the airport and staying at their hotel to handle this trip . Any suggestions on anything else?