Actual cabin size of suites on Eurodam?

Islandattorney

Folks: I was looking at a cruise on the Eurodam, and checking cabin options, comparing verandas & suites (not the Neptune suite...just regular "suite"). The HAL website describes the suite as approximately 273-456 sq ft including balcony. Since that's a huge spread, even with approximation, am I correct to assume it means the inside cabin is appx 273 and when balacony is added, the total size is appx 456? Hoping someone who has cruised often with HAL will know. Thanks.

i've never understood HAL's size numbers either, but they are not giving you inside-total numbers. I can tell you that most Neptune suites are about 396 sq ft (18x22) inside with about a 144 sq ft (18x8) balcony. I can't think of any that are just 273 inside! The two deck 10 Neptunes (10005 and 10006) have very small balconies, so they could be about 456 total. Call HAL and ask! :)

edit: on HAL site Eurodam deck plans I find this for Neptunes:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 506–590 sq. ft. including verandah.

The numbers you gave are for SY (Signature) suites:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathroom with dual-sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 273–456 sq. ft. including verandah.

See http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ed_2&deck=rt&deep=0

Edited by jtl513

Folks: I was looking at a cruise on the Eurodam, and checking cabin options, comparing verandas & suites (not the Neptune suite...just regular "suite"). The HAL website describes the suite as approximately 273-456 sq ft including balcony. Since that's a huge spread, even with approximation, am I correct to assume it means the inside cabin is appx 273 and when balacony is added, the total size is appx 456? Hoping someone who has cruised often with HAL will know. Thanks.

Are you looking at the Signature Suites? (SS, SZ, SY).

If so, they are definitely roomier than a standard verandah cabin. I would say about 1/3-1/2 the size larger. The balcony does not make all the difference in the square footage.

There are cabins that you can look at which should give you a good idea at halfacts.com The link to the website is in my signature. It's a website which has been built thanks to the help of Cruise Critic members who have actually been on the ships :)

Edited by kazu

i've never understood HAL's size numbers either, but they are not giving you inside-total numbers. I can tell you that most Neptune suites are about 396 sq ft (18x22) inside with about a 144 sq ft (18x8) balcony. I can't think of any that are just 273 inside! The two deck 10 Neptunes (10005 and 10006) have very small balconies, so they could be about 456 total. Call HAL and ask! :)

edit: on HAL site Eurodam deck plans I find this for Neptunes:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 506–590 sq. ft. including verandah.

10005 and 10006 are Signature Suites, not Neptune Suites.

The Signature Suite on HAL is one and one half the size of a Verandah or Vista and the Neptune is twice the size of a Verandah or Vista. I agree the sq. ft. sizes are confusing. It is my understanding that the only differance between and inside/outside vs. the Verandah or Vista is the the balcony size?