Swapping mini bar for coffee cards

LImom

I know that I can swap my elite mini bar contents for two coffee card but I was wondering if the cards are blank on the back or are they filled in with the ship and date when they are delivered to my cabin from room service.

I know that I can swap my elite mini bar contents for two coffee card but I was wondering if the cards are blank on the back or are they filled in with the ship and date when they are delivered to my cabin from room service.

They are blank.

Ours were blank when we made the change on Caribbean Princess in September. Not sure if someone on the next ship will enter a ship's name, time will tell.

Mine was blank when I got it. I used it on cruise and no one filled it the ship. There was only one punch on it.

I just recently went on another cruise and the guy at international cafe asked to see it and writ the name of the ship on it. I can still use the punches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have swapped out our mini bar twice since becoming elite. Once the name of the ship was not written in UNTIL we went to the International Cafe to use it. Then, the name of the ship was written in.

The other time, the name and voyage of the ship were written in by room service before the cards were delivered to us.

So... it is clearly not consistent.

Just off the Grand Princess and we swapped out the mini bar a couple of times..on all the cards, the name of the ship was written on the back.. On other cruises, ships name was not on the card.. Even the same ship can do it different.. I think it depends on who is in Room Service at the time..

Probably depends on the ship. Just off Golden and when room service delivered the cards the ship name and date were filled in.

That happened to me on the Golden this past cruise as well.

Once on the Ocean, the guy noticed there was no name written on mine and wrote it in. He may have thought I was reusing a card for unlimited coffee on multiple voyages. Hardly. I have about a dozen cards.

Edited by Wehwalt

We had a couple of partial cards left over from previous cruises but decided to pre purchase another couple of cards along with some other items before a recent cruise just in case we used up all of the punches on our existing cards. We assumed the cards would be blank and would have the ships name and cruise written in when we started using the new cards.

Something was messed up with the delivery of the pre purchased cards and when they finally found the order and delivered them half way through the cruise they both came with the ship and cruise written in. In the end we didn't use up our existing punches so we now have two new cards that have expired for brewed coffee and hot chocolate use. That didn't work out as planned though I guess I could have maybe had it sorted out right after receiving the cards.

In the big picture we have been treated very fairly with coffee cards, occasionally given two for ones or a freebie here and there. The guy at the coffee bar recognized us from four months previously on Pacific Princess and gave us our first iced coffee without taking a punch as a welcome back from Princess. Then I went to find him on the last day of the cruise to give him something extra for the wonderful service and the great Iced coffees and to use up a last punch on a card. I will try again to use that last punch on the first day of our upcoming Caribbean cruise next month.

I think it is great that they give the employees some leeway with these cards. A couple of free iced coffees makes me think that Princess is absolutely wonderful and I made certain to visit him with an extra cash tip in a Consummate Host card at the end of the cruise.

This sort of thing is what cruising Princess is all about to me.

Terry

It was the same thing on the Golden in March.

It's fine with me if they are filled in. I'm getting a pretty good collection. Half the time they give me free coffee with the name filled in so if I have to use a punch for regular coffee so be it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are new to Princess after an absence of almost 20 years so please bear with me..

I found this thread when searching for information on the purchase of a coffee card.

We are platinum members cruising in a suite on the Caribbean Princess this spring...Can we swap our mini bar contents for a specialty coffee card? If we cannot can we buy a card when we board and then how do we find out where one can use these cards? Thanks!.

We are new to Princess after an absence of almost 20 years so please bear with me..

I found this thread when searching for information on the purchase of a coffee card.

We are platinum members cruising in a suite on the Caribbean Princess this spring...Can we swap our mini bar contents for a specialty coffee card? If we cannot can we buy a card when we board and then how do we find out where one can use these cards? Thanks!.

You get 2 coffee cards for the complete mini bar setup.

You cannot split up the trade.

They are selling the cards in several areas on embarkation day or just head to the IC to get one.

Is there a way to locate where one can use this coffee card on the Caribbean Princess? I have looked on line and other than The Vines on deck 5 I am stumped.

The only two places to get coffee drinks are the International Cafe and the bar immediately forward of Horizon Court (they will make them in the back). The only place to get brewed coffee is the International Cafe. I don't think Vines takes them.

Edited by Wehwalt

The only two places to get coffee drinks are the International Cafe and the bar immediately forward of Horizon Court (they will make them in the back). The only place to get brewed coffee is the International Cafe. I don't think Vines takes them.

Interesting about Vines...that was the one place Princess telephone staff told me DID serve specialty coffee and offered to sell me a card on the spot.

Depends on the ship. On the Grand you can get specialty coffee at IC, Crooners and the indoor pool bar just forward of Horizon Court.

On the Regal, specialty coffee is available at IC, Horizon Bistro and Princess Live Café.