White jeans in September?

wardnlis

I have these dressy white jeans, I really love! I was planning on taking them on our Sept 23rd cruise out of Cape Liberty, I figured white was ok for the Caribbean, but would it be okay to wear them for the day we are leaving? I know jeans are a touchy subject in the dinning room, and I don't know when else I'd wear long pants. I've read so many helpful things on these boards, I figured you guys would give me a much more honest answer than my mom!:confused:

I guess my first question is: what exactly are "dressy jeans"?

As for wearing them in the Caribbean in September, no problem! When I was there in November a few years ago there was a plethora of white, pastels, and other shades one would normally reserve for the summer in cooler climates.

This is just an observation (not my opinion) but the first evening on our last cruise there were women/girls wearing jeans in the dining room, as well as tube tops with overalls (I kid you not), tank tops with shorts...etc.

So, it is done apparently.

Enjoy your cruise!

~e

I say dressy because they are kinda lighter weight with a stitched crease and they don't really look like my basic jeans!

As long as our luggage arrives before our late dinner, I really don't plan on wearing them to dinner. I wear scrubs everyday, so I'm really looking forward to dressing up! I was just concerned if I would look out of place boarding in New Jersey, late September!

I say dressy because they are kinda lighter weight with a stitched crease and they don't really look like my basic jeans!

As long as our luggage arrives before our late dinner, I really don't plan on wearing them to dinner. I wear scrubs everyday, so I'm really looking forward to dressing up! I was just concerned if I would look out of place boarding in New Jersey, late September!

Ok, that makes sense! :)

I don't know about New Jersey (I've never been there), but you're on your way to the Caribbean...so I personally wouldn't worry, but that's just me.

I've had my bags delivered before we left port each time I've sailed, so I hope that will be the case for you as well!

Best wishes,

~e

If you feel awkward wearing white jeans in New Jersey in the winter, wear dark pants onto the palne. After it takes off and the seat belt sign is off , go to the rest room and change into the whites. While this idea may seem strange, I have seen folks change clothing on a plane many a time. And it makes sense to do just that when you board a plane in one climate and disembark in another climate.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the sun and fun in the Caribbean.

If you feel awkward wearing white jeans in New Jersey in the winter

Whoah - OP is asking about September - where I am that is still beach weather!!!:rolleyes:

In any event - I think those would be fine to wear the first night - don't give it another thought, and enjoy your cruise! ;)

Whoah - OP is asking about September - where I am that is still beach weather!!!:rolleyes:

In any event - I think those would be fine to wear the first night - don't give it another thought, and enjoy your cruise! ;)

Whoops! My bad. I guess I just read winter because September seems so early to me. In South Florida, folks wear white pants all year long. At least the tourists and snow birds do. White never goes out of style in South Florida.

I have to ask, would not not be more comfortable in a "looser style" like a nice relaxed outfit (lounge style outfit) when flying. It's not the color, it's the comfort, you say you wear scrubs so I assume you are in the "medical profession", please tell me if I'm wrong, but don't they advise wearing loose clothing because of the "swelling" while flying?

Thanks everybody, we are not flying though, actually we are driving, it's only about 3 hrs. I really don't wear anything more casual than jeans, except to work or the gym. I just didn't want to look like I was out of season, I figure the leaves will be starting to change by then and the stores are filled with fall colors already. I wish I had done a little more shpping before they were out of all the summer clothes!

Okay, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents as I was born and raised in the midwest - late Sept in NY is fall - you won't see very much white if any. You will see it on your cruise as folks love white when they vacation, especially to the Caribbean but your question was about if you would feel out of place in NY and my answer is yes but as I said, it's my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. Also, white doesn't travel well, soils easily and shows it so I would not travel in white any time of yr just for that reason. If it was me and I was in love with the jeans, I would pack them and wear them during the cruise but not before. Happy Sailing!

White in September:) ...ahhhhh...I might be in North Florida but I am in Florida;) I will be wearing shorts until at least Oct/Nov......I remember Thanksgivings when it was still in the 80s....so in my opinion white in the Caribbean is just fine....whatever month it happens to be!:D

Wear white ANYTHING, you're going tropical. I was in Cabo this past January and when I came through the airport at home (even here in NC it was COLD) I got lots of smiles and "I wish I was going TO wherever you have been" comments.

Have a great time on your cruise.:)

I agree with most of the posters - wear your white..besides according to August 2005 Glamour the advice is: "Don't put away your white jeans after Labor Day. If they're a heavy cotton or corduroy, they'll look great with one of the season's long knit tops." And since I'm refering to advice from magazines...my favorite is a Godiva ad I saw a while back....There are no rules for eating white chocolate after Labor Day!

Didn't she say she was leaving from NY? I stick to my advice that wearing white travelling is not a good idea. But if you do, remember to wear the correct underwear with them. One of my pet peeves is seeing the entire panty underneath the white pants. UGLY! Happy Sailing!

I've found that nude or baby pink colored mesh panties they sell at Victorias secret are AMAZING for stuff like under white, or sheer/thin fabric. The color matches your skin, so that doesn't show, and the mesh fabric is so thin, even if you opt for a regular style (and not a thong (which technically is THE BEST for under white)) you dont see any lines. Here is a link to one of the many styles they sell... I swear by them :D

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=SC-185570&page=1&cgname=OSPTYMSHZZZ&rfnbr=1933

There's some very good advice here but in the end make your decision for the right reasons. If you decide not to wear white then let it be for the rigit reason, eg does't travel well. Otherwise I hope you learned from this thread to wear what YOU want to wear. If you like the white jeans on you then that's all that matters! Enjoy youself whatever you wear. (the jeans probably look fabulous on you!)

Barb

i just bought a pair of great white jeans at NY and Company/Lerner (name is different in different malls). normally, i hate white jeans, but these don't have the typical yellow-brown denim stitching. they are all white and sexy! i paired them with a slinky silk, sparkly chocolate brown shirt that covers the belt loops and zipper, and they just look like normal white pants. i am definitely taking them on my caribbean cruise (same one as the OP) and wearing them with heels on casual night. i say wear 'em if you love 'em!

normally, i hate white jeans, but these don't have the typical yellow-brown denim stitching. they are all white

I would never buy white jeans with off-color stitching, but I have not seen that many like that. I got mine at the GAP last spring and they are the PERFECT white jeans - (no room for a bad fit in white jeans! :D ) Anyway - I love them too - even though many people on this board can't stand them and say they are "80s", they are everywhere in the fashion mags - not that it matters to me, I just like the way they look!! Congrats on your purchase, and enjoy! :)

Archived