Anthem all inclusive offers.

At least you got the Select Package !

We booked 2 x Anthem cruises on 24th Oct - exactly 1 week before they released the AI deal - and obviously, RCI won't give us anything !!!

Our TA has tried, but RCI has said "we are not making any exceptions on this offer, the only way the guests can benefit from this offer is to cancel and rebook..."

Clearly we would lose our deposit...

Makes booking with a US TA even more inviting for future cruises..... :eek:

I didn't get anything as I've walked away from booking. The price is far too high.

I did that exact thing this year with Célebrity. There was such a vast difference in the deal. I cancelled lost my deposit and re booking was still £s in pocket.

Making me a lot more cautious about what I book in future.

The point I was trying to make. When they advertise they don't print the full deal. You have to look at the bottom of the page to see what the deal offers in the small print. All Inclusive to me is All drinks including Cocktails and Spirits. Many people will get caught out thinking they are getting a Premium Package. When all they are getting is Beer and Wine.

Edited by lovethesun22

I am very disappointed and frustrated with Royal's promotions and advertising over the past year. It all seems deceptive and manipulative: raise the price then offer a complicated deal with all sorts of exclusions. It's really changing how I feel about doing business with them. Other lines are becoming more and more tempting with every so-called sale they offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very disappointed and frustrated with Royal's promotions and advertising over the past year. It all seems deceptive and manipulative: raise the price then offer a complicated deal with all sorts of exclusions. It's really changing how I feel about doing business with them. Other lines are becoming more and more tempting with every so-called sale they offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm totally with you on this one.

Sandra

• 2 months later...
At least you got the Select Package !

We booked 2 x Anthem cruises on 24th Oct - exactly 1 week before they released the AI deal - and obviously, RCI won't give us anything !!!

Our TA has tried, but RCI has said "we are not making any exceptions on this offer, the only way the guests can benefit from this offer is to cancel and rebook..."

Clearly we would lose our deposit...

Makes booking with a US TA even more inviting for future cruises..... :eek:

Unfortunately, that's how it is for UK bookings. EU rules allow cancellation charges!

Don't despair too much, the prices are jacked up to offer the 'all inclusives' so you are getting the package at a discount, not free.

Now that the UK website has been re-vamped you can check out the difference between the blue (AI) and green (std) ticket prices.

Booking through the US, yes you can cancel without penalty but there are no drinks inclusive offers, just a seemingly never ending 'vow to wow 50% off second guest' promotion. (Latest end date 13th February2015).

Prices appear to be jacked up over there too to cover the half off.

Edited by icsys

I know - I feel the same. Not interested in cheap wine or beer, so the package was not really a major plus for me.

How does a person get on board credit? is it offered as an incentive to book - or is it something you are given after you have booked?

How does a person get on board credit? is it offered as an incentive to book - or is it something you are given after you have booked?

There are several ways:

• Through a promotion via RCL - currently up to $400 OBC with new bookings until Feb 28th

• As an incentive from a TA (but not if you book in the UK)

• Via onboard booking bonus or future cruise certificate (C&A members)

• Other perks not available to UK customers (stock, credit card rewards)

Edited by icsys

Our OBC was through a TA in the UK, it was $350.

Included in the offer was Free Parking, we don't have a car so was given another $150 OBC.

So happy with that.

RE: prices going up for the AI,

Our price was cheaper than the RCI std price,

Reason why we booked straight away.

Kezz

Do you know for a fact that a few days before the promotion they raised the prices? Did you check the prices a week earlier and compare them to the prices when the promotion was going on? I track the prices on my booked cruises. I book them soon after the schedules are announced and the prices have gone up every since then on each one. If the prices go up, they usually remain at that price after the promotion.

The exclusions and limitations are 'SOP' for all businesses. Have you ever read the fine print on the bottom of most store coupons? Have a magnifying glass ready if you try.... :)

Yes Ed & Barb totally agree.

Hate these new promotions and price games they are playing. Ive booked a Christmas Celebrity Cruise. Ended up with $850 of OBC. I would rather have the lowest price. Most of my friends are waiting to book .... Say the price is much too high and are playing a waiting game. Be interesting to see if they reduce the prices if the bookings don't cone in and remove these complicated deals. Only 3 so far on the Roll Call.

Edited by lovethesun22

There are several ways:

• Through a promotion via RCL - currently up to $400 OBC with new bookings until Feb 28th

• As an incentive from a TA (but not if you book in the UK)

• Via onboard booking bonus or future cruise certificate (C&A members)

• Other perks not available to UK customers (stock, credit card rewards)

UK clients can own RCI stock - but the Stockholders OBC is not combinable with other offers such as the C&A balcony discount or other OBC so it is barely worth having.

As others have said, the prices are jacked up to cover the 'AI packages' or what ever 'freebie' they are offering. I check the prices daily when I am looking to book. I have learnt never to book on the first day any more. One I was watching was £2050 on the first day - now available for £904. Go figure...

Edited by little britain

I too can join the annoyed with Royal - debate...!!!! We booked Anthem during its first month of sale here in the UK after receiving an email from RCI telling me 'as a loyal Crown and Anchor member' I should book now for the best 'deal'. So we did - and as a family of 4....with two lil ones aged 7&8 booking a balcony cabin (kids price nearly the same as adults) this was no cheap holiday...!!!! However, we were more than happy with the price we paid, and happily sat back following the construction threads looking forward to our WOW.

Fast forward the best part of 18 months and the All Inclusive deal is launched inclusive of gratuities. Imagine my horror when I did the math to find that even though the base cruise price was higher than my original price paid, by the time I pay for my drinks package and gratuities for 4 of us my cruise will cost £800 more than if I booked it today..!!!

Now I'm aware RCI is a business, I'm also aware 'price' can fluctuate - but I'm a tad miffed that my 'deal' isn't the 'best'...!!!! (After all that's what their email promised..!!). I did ring RCI who refused to speak to me about it and told me to call the TA I'd booked with....they had no luck either....so I called them back and frankly got told rudely tough cancel and rebook and lose your £600 deposit...!!!

We didn't cancel and I still look forward to my Anthem cruise - I remind myself I was happy to pay the price I paid but face the future knowing loyalty status and early booking means nothing..!!!!!

I too can join the annoyed with Royal - debate...!!!! We booked Anthem during its first month of sale here in the UK after receiving an email from RCI telling me 'as a loyal Crown and Anchor member' I should book now for the best 'deal'. So we did - and as a family of 4....with two lil ones aged 7&8 booking a balcony cabin (kids price nearly the same as adults) this was no cheap holiday...!!!! However, we were more than happy with the price we paid, and happily sat back following the construction threads looking forward to our WOW.

Fast forward the best part of 18 months and the All Inclusive deal is launched inclusive of gratuities. Imagine my horror when I did the math to find that even though the base cruise price was higher than my original price paid, by the time I pay for my drinks package and gratuities for 4 of us my cruise will cost £800 more than if I booked it today..!!!

Now I'm aware RCI is a business, I'm also aware 'price' can fluctuate - but I'm a tad miffed that my 'deal' isn't the 'best'...!!!! (After all that's what their email promised..!!). I did ring RCI who refused to speak to me about it and told me to call the TA I'd booked with....they had no luck either....so I called them back and frankly got told rudely tough cancel and rebook and lose your £600 deposit...!!!

We didn't cancel and I still look forward to my Anthem cruise - I remind myself I was happy to pay the price I paid but face the future knowing loyalty status and early booking means nothing..!!!!!

Similar thing happened to us.

Same Cruise / Cabin Category for our sailing on the Anthem in May is now £10 cheaper than we paid. But as it includes the free drinks package it means I'm now going to be paying an additional £230 odd for the package to be added on than i would have paid had we booked the cruise now.

Annoying. Even if we had cancelled the cruise / deposit and re-booked we'd only be saving about £80. Seeing as my girlfriend doesn't want to buy a drinks package herself (she's not a big drinker), we didn't see the point in doing it when she wouldn't be seeing the same benefit that I would.

Shame you've got to lose the deposit in the UK, but if the EU Regs say you can charge cancellation fees we've got no argument.

We are looking to do a Caribbean Cruise in 2016, but defo waiting to see if any promotions are brought up before booking this time round!

Looks like I was more fortunate then, never seen the price less than what I paid. Booked 10/11 months out and got a good price with the drinks and grats, checked again this morning and its quoting £220 more per person, without drinks - pays for my upgrade to a 'decent' drink anyway!!!

Going slightly off tangent, I notice the drinks package only states wine, beer and cocktails. Does this mean that the U.S. refer to something like a gin and tonic as a cocktail?

Have had the same issue with the all inclusive offers in the Uk. We booked a sky loft on Anthem last May whilst on Adventure of the seas. The onboard booking agent told us that it was a great deal and not likely to be bettered.

However once the all inclusive offer became available it was evident that to get the equivalent drinks packages for the 4 of us as well as all tips paid would cost over £1000. When I contacted RCL it was a standard hard luck scenario I had the complaint passed up the line to a supervisor. I pointed out that it was not a great start to a holiday knowing my neighbour was paying £1000 less for the same room etc. Even saying that we would cancel the sky loft and our pending booking for a 2nd anthem cruise did not sway them.

Out of principle I wanted to scrap the cruises but as the kids were looking forward to going I just cancelled the booking incurring the loss of my deposit.

I then rebooked the first cruise & downgraded from sky loft to grand suite with balcony and downgraded the second from grand suite with balcony to superior balcony stateroom. Having made the booking with Thomas Cook I sweet talked an additional discount to the all inclusive packages. All in all a saving of just over £6000 taking into account lost OBCs & deposit & despite increased fares for all inclusive cruises.

That saving I will be spending on a Disney cruise next year certainly not RCL.

Until RCL sort out their customer relations I certainly have no loyalty towards them despite C&A.

Have had the same issue with the all inclusive offers in the Uk. We booked a sky loft on Anthem last May whilst on Adventure of the seas. The onboard booking agent told us that it was a great deal and not likely to be bettered.

However once the all inclusive offer became available it was evident that to get the equivalent drinks packages for the 4 of us as well as all tips paid would cost over £1000. When I contacted RCL it was a standard hard luck scenario I had the complaint passed up the line to a supervisor. I pointed out that it was not a great start to a holiday knowing my neighbour was paying £1000 less for the same room etc. Even saying that we would cancel the sky loft and our pending booking for a 2nd anthem cruise did not sway them.

Out of principle I wanted to scrap the cruises but as the kids were looking forward to going I just cancelled the booking incurring the loss of my deposit.

I then rebooked the first cruise & downgraded from sky loft to grand suite with balcony and downgraded the second from grand suite with balcony to superior balcony stateroom. Having made the booking with Thomas Cook I sweet talked an additional discount to the all inclusive packages. All in all a saving of just over £6000 taking into account lost OBCs & deposit & despite increased fares for all inclusive cruises.

Until RCL sort out their customer relations I certainly have no loyalty towards them despite C&A.

Unfortunately, it does seem there are no customer relations in the UK. Even less now since we lost our UK call centre. That's not the fault of the off shore staff, just the way it is for the UK customer now.

We are learning the hard way after taking several hits when a price drops or a better deal comes on. There is no benefit to booking early, just frustration further down the line.

There have been occasions in the past where we have secured an upgrade to a better cabin when prices have dropped but that seems no longer possible. You call in and they just don't want to know. And if you used an agent (RCL recommend using an agent) they won't discuss anything with you, period!

They won't discuss it with the agemt either!!

Solution - use a US agent. We have, several times, and will do so again if the deal is right.

The loss of deposit is not an issue, we know those are the terms and conditions. It's the lack of the customer relations that we once experienced. The lack of being able to negotiate 'something' so that you don't feel you have totally missed out on that better deal.

We said we would no longer book early but wait until much closer to the sailing we are interested in.

It's hard. We recently booked for May when the RCI agent said the particular deal we were enquiring about was ending.

We booked, then a week later, a new deal giving the same for less. Ah well, bitten again.

Never mind, we still have the cruises to look forward to!

Edited by icsys

Unfortunately, it does seem there are no customer relations in the UK. Even less now since we lost our UK call centre. That's not the fault of the off shore staff, just the way it is for the UK customer now.

We are learning the hard way after taking several hits when a price drops or a better deal comes on. There is no benefit to booking early, just frustration further down the line.

There have been occasions in the past where we have secured an upgrade to a better cabin when prices have dropped but that seems no longer possible. You call in and they just don't want to know. And if you used an agent (RCL recommend using an agent) they won't discuss anything with you, period!

They won't discuss it with the agemt either!!

Solution - use a US agent. We have, several times, and will do so again if the deal is right.

The loss of deposit is not an issue, we know those are the terms and conditions. It's the lack of the customer relations that we once experienced. The lack of being able to negotiate 'something' so that you don't feel you have totally missed out on that better deal.

We said we would no longer book early but wait until much closer to the sailing we are interested in.

It's hard. We recently booked for May when the RCI agent said the particular deal we were enquiring about was ending.

We booked, then a week later, a new deal giving the same for less. Ah well, bitten again.

Never mind, we still have the cruises to look forward to!

Very true, moving the UK enquiries to a Guatemalan call centre shows the level of respect RCL have for their UK customers. Essentially cheap labour, programmed to say 'cancel your cruise' and if they don't they're back picking cardamon pods in the morning.

On board booking agents will soon be as redundant as the UK call centre staff as more people realize there is no value in booking early.

Over the past few weeks RCL have been sweetening their all inclusive offers by only asking for £50 deposit and this month adding $400 OBC. Using a US agent is fine but then they cannot access the UK offers, a totally ludicrous situation.

As you said we now have the cruises to look forward to, what we've paid is what we've paid and I won't be chasing any extra OBCs relating to new offers. I will however be less likely to book RCL in future despite being Emerald status and therefore entitled to better discounts.

I guess the other possibility is celebrity because your "status" would transfer and maybe see different or better sales

I guess the other possibility is celebrity because your "status" would transfer and maybe see different or better sales

I knew that Celebrity was part of the RCL company but thought that only diamond plus members could transfer benefits into the Celebrity scheme. As Celebrity at present does have UK offices it may be a possibility.

However UK offices don't guarantee good service and now Celebrity have started adding all inclusive packages to existing cruises I would not be surprised to find similar scenarios occurring.