What do YOU order at the Steakhouse?

Dixie24

Trying the steakhouse for the first time on the Glory this Saturday and cannot decide what I want to order. Let me hear what you have enjoyed at the steakhouse and maybe what you haven't enjoyed.

I'll start with a jumbo shrimp cocktail or tuna tartare. Then I'll certainly enjoy the filet mignon, med rare, with peppercorn glaze. Another favorite is the rack of lamb. I used to order the combo small filet and lobster tail, but prefer the larger hunk of beef. Sides are creamed spinach or asparagus. I usually have the cheese cake for dessert, but chose the fruit selection my last meal there and was pleased with that, not as filling.

Edited by evandbob

oh the rib eye was the best.

Honey did a good job putting away the HUGE porter house steak.

me- Crab cake, Onion soup (did away with the salad course)

and the lobster.

Sadly, the porterhouse has been removed and replaced by the cowboy steak.

Another vote for the ribeye! Yum. And if you do have room for dessert and choose the cheesecake, it's HUGE.

It certainly is. To big actually, but one of their signature items. The chocolate decadence (or is it death by chocolate) is great as well. I find myself to stuffed for dessert. Their ice cream/sorbet is usually unique and excellent as well (for a smaller sampling).

Escargot, but politely ask the chef to prepare it for you without the puff pastry, instead just a basic butter, onion and garlic saute... yum!

Lamb chops, aka Rack of Lamb, was great. Just wish they served the same Cabernet sauce that Outback has. Make sure to order it rare since their cooking seems to be a step off. Rare = Medium Rare, Medium Rare = Medium, Medium = Well done etc.

Prime rib was also great. Again, order rare.

So much food, I had to ask to take the dessert to go.

Cant wait to go again on my next cruise!

Edited by mrneil001

Crabcake

Caesar Salad

Surf & Turf (lobster is much higher quality than the standard MDR lobster)

Chocolate Sampler - OMG!!

we usually end up taking the sampler back to our room and snacking on it there - just far too much food to eat in one meal.

VERY well worth the money!

Am I right in thinking that you can only one item from each course? One app, one salad, one side, etc.? Any side dish recommendations? Any sauce recommendations?

Yes, that's correct, but I've been able to order 2 app's if I don't order a salad...YMMV. Don't worry, though...you will be stuffed by the end of the meal!

I had the lobster bisque (holy yum Batman!), escargot, surf and turf, and then I was too stuffed for dessert. This time I will probably try the lobster by itself. I love steak, but I can get a great steak at home, lobster is more of a treat for me. Plus I want to save some room for dessert this time!

Trying the steakhouse for the first time on the Glory this Saturday and cannot decide what I want to order. Let me hear what you have enjoyed at the steakhouse and maybe what you haven't enjoyed.

Have been to the steakhouse 3 times, and ordered the same thing each time (except dessert). I order the New England Crab Cake, Heart of Iceberg Lettuce, Surf & Turf with Mashed Potatoes. All of that was wonderful. I ordered cheesecake the first time, and was not crazy about it. My other two visits, I didn't order any dessert.

Crabcake

Caesar Salad

Surf & Turf (lobster is much higher quality than the standard MDR lobster)

Chocolate Sampler - OMG!!

we usually end up taking the sampler back to our room and snacking on it there - just far too much food to eat in one meal.

VERY well worth the money!

What is the chocolate sampler?? Like what are the options??

We have only ate at the Steakhouse once. That was on the Carnival Dream this past April. We are cruising again on the Dream in 18 days and we are going back to the Steakhouse.

I am going to try the Cowboy Ribeye this time with the cheesecake...that's what I had last time and it was delicious. I took most of the cheesecake back to the room to eat later

I will be visiting the Splendor steakhouse in Jan 2015. I plan on having:

crab cakes

shrimp cocktail

cesar salad

cowboy steak on the bone with the dry rub

mashed potatoes and the creamed spinach

cheesecake

Enjoy the steakhouse everybody. It is an excellent dining experience, especially when the magician comes by to entertain the tables. :cool:

If you don't have a particular sweet tooth, the cheese plate is miles above the one offered in the MDR. We take it back to the cabin for later. I found the creamed spinach to be underwhelming, and I like the escargot in the MDR better than the steakhouse version in puff pastry. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the entrees, really, but I always order the fillet. Our tablemates on the Liberty said the bread (in the basket) was absolutely fantastic.

Enjoy your cruise and your steakhouse experience! Definitely worth the extra money.

Filet mignon.

Used to be the Porterhouse, but they axed it.