35 Hour Sale

camper49

Be careful on these 35 hour sales. Did the last one and now the price has dropped $122 for the cabin and I cannot get he savings because it is not an ES sale, it is "SPECIAL" so even if the price drops to $1.50 for the cabin you are stuck paying the SPECIAL price.:mad:

Just saying.

I agree. The prices in the 35-hour sale "start" at $35/day. That's a minimum of $245 plus port/taxes for a 7 day cruise. I've seen 7 day cruise prices considerably better than that. So for those that really want the best price, I agree with jaxfl. Waiting until close to sail date yields the best prices.

Even though we were beyond the final payment date we were still able to benefit from price drops.

We weren't given cash back, but we were given 2 upgrades and over $400 back in OBC!

It doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you have ES ?

You need to know what rate you booked and if you are beyond the final payment due date. Do you know that information?

The rate I booked was $499 per person. I booked it April with deposit and Paid in full in August.

I just did a mock booking and it is now $404 per person. I know at the time my Travel agent encourage me to book then because of the Canadian dollar, but I am not sure now that was a great idea?

For a family of 4 that is a $400 difference :( is it time to call my TA?

The rate I booked was $499 per person. I booked it April with deposit and Paid in full in August.

I just did a mock booking and it is now $404 per person. I know at the time my Travel agent encourage me to book then because of the Canadian dollar, but I am not sure now that was a great idea?

For a family of 4 that is a $400 difference :( is it time to call my TA?

What you need to know is if you booked with the Early Saver rate. If you did then you can get your $400 discount if you find a room and you or your travel agent fill out the early saver price form located here: http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Also note that you can/will lose any OBC you have if you change your rate. I can't remember if you always lose it or if its based on the OBC type.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What you need to know is if you booked with the Early Saver rate. If you did then you can get your $400 discount if you find a room and you or your travel agent fill out the early saver price form located here: http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Also note that you can/will lose any OBC you have if you change your rate. I can't remember if you always lose it or if its based on the OBC type.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Don't think you can price match to a GTY rate...but you can try!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Does anyone know if there is a "cruise by" date for this sale?

I don't see the option for the Liberty in June.

Just wondering if it's only good on cruises through a certain month.

TIA:D:D

"Offer is applicable on select sailings through May 2015."

URL: http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

All I know is our OV 21 day B2B (11 days and 10 days) WAS $759 and $739 pp/per leg, and now it's $400 and $390 pp per leg. That equates to about $36 and $39 per nt, PLUS we got to keep our OBC from the original ES booking. I have been able to take advantage of several price drops in the past thanks to early saver bookings, but there's no way I can imagine the prices dropping lower than that, so I jumped on it!

For our particular bookings, the 35-hour sale is a HUGE win!! For some folks on some cruises, it might not be. Everyone has to determine what is the best option for them. To suggest that Carnival is just trying to dupe everyone is not a fair statement. For some it will be a savings, for others perhaps not.

Happy sailing to you all! :)

Edited by nunuc2000

Sweet timing for this sale our final payment is due Nov 25th.

Our balcony went from $1609 (including taxes) to $1131 (including taxes) :D :D our dd's and their boyfriends cabins went from $879 total (including taxes) to $711 (including taxes)

The kids were already booked in a gty cabin we gave up a cove balcony. Which is fine since we have never been in one so we wont know what we are missing :D

Now the waiting for cabin assignments begins:p

Edited by hockeyluver

Does anyone know if there's at least a hypothethical chance of being able to get an upgrade with these fares as long as rooms are available?

Say, for instance, if I book an interior GTY now and I decide I want to pay for an upgrade later (either within the category or to balcony etc) is that possible?

So we are sailing December 21 and are past our final payment due date(we also are booked ES). Are we out of luck to get this deal due to the fact that we have already paid in full??

That will totally suck!:(

nope, you can price match up until 2 days before your cruise!! The only thing is you will might to move to a gty cabin. My last cruise i booked es, and price matched to a gty and had to move into the gty pool.

So we are sailing December 21 and are past our final payment due date(we also are booked ES). Are we out of luck to get this deal due to the fact that we have already paid in full??

That will totally suck!:(

Can't hurt to call and ask Carnival or Travel Agent! They can tell let you know quickly! Best of luck!

Sweet timing for this sale our final payment is due Nov 25th.

Our balcony went from $1609 (including taxes) to $1131 (including taxes) :D :D our dd's and their boyfriends cabins went from $879 total (including taxes) to $711 (including taxes)

The kids were already booked in a gty cabin we gave up a cove balcony. Which is fine since we have never been in one so we wont know what we are missing :D

Now the waiting for cabin assignments begins:p

How freaking AWESOME is that!?!?!?!? Congrats!!!!!:D

nope, you can price match up until 2 days before your cruise!! The only thing is you will might to move to a gty cabin. My last cruise i booked es, and price matched to a gty and had to move into the gty pool.

Does it have to be the same category room??

First time calling Carnival they told me nope to taking advantage due to being after final payment. Second call, Keith happily upgraded me to a balcony room and I still got obo. Thanks for the feedback Cruise critic members!!:D