"Retired Drinks" from Molecular Bar

capecodmercury

I'm booked on the Silhouette for April. I've heard some great things about the Molecular bar, but I've also heard that there are some retired drinks not on the menu that sound interesting (and that at leat some of the bartenders are willing to make them if you ask for them).

So, does anyone have a favorite "retired" drink I should ask about. I've heard of the South of Rio, but are there any others?

The bartender at Molecular made us a drink called Kermit the Frog. Midori melon liqueur, pineapple juice, Stolichnaya vodka and a splash of Chambord (raspberry liqueur ) and dry ice for a foggy effect, to boot :eek:

It had a layered look, kind of like a tequila sunrise

It was a delicious drink

My favorite topic about the Solstice class ships! Ahhh.... the Molecular Bar. It's where you'll find us before and after dinner. I can't say anything about retired drinks because my favorites are still on the menu. However, during our last cruise to Alaska in May our two favorite bartenders would make "off the book" drinks. Their own concoctions. I'm sure Celebrity would frown upon it, but they were good! Looking forward to more Scorpion Kisses in 3 weeks!

I'm booked on the Silhouette for April. I've heard some great things about the Molecular bar, but I've also heard that there are some retired drinks not on the menu that sound interesting (and that at leat some of the bartenders are willing to make them if you ask for them).

So, does anyone have a favorite "retired" drink I should ask about. I've heard of the South of Rio, but are there any others?

The "hundred year martini", which the martini bar has not made in several years -- they say the ginger foam is no longer available. :(

Not retired, but off the books, ask for a Kentucky Derby. It is a bourbon-based drink that is absolutely wonderful. Think whiskey sour on steroids. It is my favorite drink at the Molecular Bar, but then, there isn't one I don't like! :D

just off the equinox and it is now on the menu. one of my favorites.:)

The "hundred year martini", which the martini bar has not made in several years -- they say the ginger foam is no longer available. :(

I had that on my first Summit cruise - but at the Martini Bar since there is no Molecular Bar there. It was really good. Somewhat disappointed that they didn't have it the next year.

Really looking forward to checking out the Molecular Bar on Equinox in about 30 days!!

I can't wait to check out the Molecular bar on the Equinox in January. This thread is getting me excited about trying all these interesting drinks!

Lucky you... We have just got off the equinox a couple of weeks ago and Jelena the molecular chef was amazing and she will still be there for your cruise! IMHO she is one of the best members of crew on board celebrity and will make your visit to the molecular bar an enjoyable one... 🍹😋

Lucky you... We have just got off the equinox a couple of weeks ago and Jelena the molecular chef was amazing and she will still be there for your cruise! IMHO she is one of the best members of crew on board celebrity and will make your visit to the molecular bar an enjoyable one... 🍹😋

I think Jelena was on my Eclipse TA this spring too. If the same person, yes she was fun!

I think Jelena was on my Eclipse TA this spring too. If the same person, yes she was fun!

I think it must have been the same person as she was on the eclipse over the NYE eclipse cruise... Think she left the eclipse around may/June and joined the equinox around August/sept? :)

Junior Merino (the man behind the Molecular Bar recipes)and his wife Heidi were on our Nov 1 Reflection cruise. My son was just telling me that Heidi made him an off-menu drink she called a Mintless Mojito. He said it's now his favorite drink. It wasn't just a Mojito or Ginger Mojito without the mint - he mentioned that it had coconut-y tropical flavor.

Bulent made us a martini called The Boss's Wife. It tasted like a Luden's Cherry cough drop.:eek: It was really good

Absolut vodka, Chambord raspberry liqueur, peach schnapps and one other ingredient that escapes me, maybe a splash a champagne

Also, he made us an off-menu drink with no name. It was vodka with champagne, a splash of Chambord and a curled lemon rind of an entire lemon

Quite refreshing

Edited by 4cats4me

Jelena is a great bartender. She was on Eclipse last Feb and we had hoped she still be there in march 2015. If any one knows were she will be please update us. She is one of the best in the business by far.

Dragonfly before dinner and I would skip desert and go back foe an indulgence two of my favorite drinks. Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think it's called a Fresca Picante, but they called it a Jalapeño King (my husband's last name is King). Delicious!

We're disembarking the Eclipse this morning in Port Canaveral (a day early) after a TransAtlantic. Love the Molecular Bar!

Edited by Jazzbo

Jelena is a great bartender. She was on Eclipse last Feb and we had hoped she still be there in march 2015. If any one knows were she will be please update us. She is one of the best in the business by far.

Dragonfly before dinner and I would skip desert and go back foe an indulgence two of my favorite drinks. Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Jelena is currently on the equinox and is contracted to stay there until March/April... Unfortunately I think this might be her last contract on the ships!

Does anyone know where molecular bartender Irena (irena sp?) is? She was our favorite and on our reflection sailing in Feb of 13. She was suppose to stay on there for quite some time but had been move to equinox last I heard.

We got off the equinox on the 10th November and she wasn't on it then?!

Jelena is currently on the equinox and is contracted to stay there until March/April... Unfortunately I think this might be her last contract on the ships!

Jelena was just on our transatlantic Nov. 1-15 on the Silhouette. She is remarkable and so much fun. Fantastic bartender, too. She'll make anything you want. The Belgrade Star is not on the menu and is hwe own creation (maybe it will make it on the next menu printing). We looked forward to having one almost every night. I know she will be on Silhouette until sometime in April, when she goes home for a time. She made our cruise exceptional!

Jelena was just on our transatlantic Nov. 1-15 on the Silhouette. She is remarkable and so much fun. Fantastic bartender, too. She'll make anything you want. The Belgrade Star is not on the menu and is hwe own creation (maybe it will make it on the next menu printing). We looked forward to having one almost every night. I know she will be on Silhouette until sometime in April, when she goes home for a time. She made our cruise exceptional!

That must be another Jelena as our one was on our Equinox transatlantic 27th October - 10th November... ImageUploadedByForums1416762043.798435.jpg.c4550b9637de97d7b81fc7f10a266bf8.jpg

Glad to hear there's another good one on the silhouette as we will be on the silhouette in March so that's something to look forward too... I'll be able to judge which one is the best! 😁

Edited by MR_T