Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

At this point, as much as I hate to, it's my first night back to work. So, I'm going to have to stop here and eat a quick lunch and head out the door. Sorry to leave you in the middle of my "hotel" review, but I'll be back tomorrow with more.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the details so far. :)

We stayed at the Tahitian a few years ago because they had a great Park and Cruise rate and I had read good reviews. We booked well in advance (6mths or so) and reserved a double bed room (for Sister and I). Specifically told them it was 2 women and we wanted separate beds. Got there no problems and the place looked great. At check-in they promptly told us we were in a room with one double bed. I, too, showed them my confirmation documentation and copies of email with their manager talking about 2 beds. They said they just checked in the last 2 bed room. After a 'discussion' of about 30 minutes where I explained to each person who came in after us what was going on. Very nicely of course, in a normal voice... the Manager came out and told us that they hold double bed rooms for families that may be checking in. I told her that I am a part of a family with my sister and I wanted to room that I reserved. She said she could give us a suite with a king bed. I said that didn't make a difference to me. Because as a big person, a king bed with another person is the same as a queen bed with another person. I love my Sister but I don't want to sleep in the same bed with her. Not a 57 snf 50 yrs old. They wouldn't budge and neither would I. At this point, it was the principle, especially when I found out they still had double rooms but just holding them. Finally, we took the suite, but with a free dinner, free breakfast and a 50% discount on booking. I am not one to argue but again, it was the principle. All that being said, the hotel was nice, suite was great but I ended up sleeping in bed with the Elder and it was a reliving of our childhood that we kinda got a kick out of. Wouldn't stay there again though... again the principle. Not going to give them business. A few reviews I read afterward, a few people said the same thing happened to them. I got the feeling they like young couples that party. It had a party atmosphere after dark. I guess 2 old ladies was not their demographic. Their loss, because we are 2 "wild and crazy gals", not really.

All that being said, Im glad to be reading another of your reviews. Always enjoy them.

Take Care.

Jodie

Woo hoo! I get on the sun next Sunday and I have been waiting for your review. Your reviews absolutely ROCK! thanks for all your hard work on them.

Thank you so much for the comment and I hope you have a great cruise next next on the Sun. We loved her!

So glad you are back! I am really looking forward to your review!!!

Keep it coming...

:)

I'm glad to be back too. That was a LONG vacation for me.

Yes Yes Yeesss! I've been waiting for this! Thank you.

Harriet

Hopefully I didn't keep you waiting too long. :D

I'm SO excited to see that you have started your review! I will be absolutely glued to my computer as it unfolds!!! I'm very anxious to hear your experience at Passion Island!

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!!! :D

Aww, thanks so much for joining in. I'll try to go as quickly as possible. It's a lot of work. :p

And you are welcome in advance.

Passion Island....hmmm, just wait. My thoughts are everywhere on it. :eek:

Your reviews are great! Looking forward to another one!

Thanks for joining me on this adventure.

So happy that you're back and posting your review. Hope you had a great time and can't wait to read all about it.

Subscribed and ready for more.

:D:D

We had a GREAT time and loved every minute of it.

My husband and I have done this, but only one of us has paid and held a seat for the other one (even though this is illegal in Southwest's world).

The reason we will still pay for Business Select is simple -- miles/points. The RR points for the cheapest fare is 4-5 points per dollar, while for Business Select it is 10 points per dollar. While we don't do it often, if there isn't a big gap in price we will. Plus, we usually pay for Early Bird Checkin, so we factor that in as well. And...well...you get a free drink with Business Select. :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to the reviews!

Every time I have checked the difference between Business Select and the "cheapo" way, there's usually a good $300 difference, so I have never booked that way before (and probably never will). Although the points can be great, I would rather save the money at the moment. :o

I will however always check out this "new" option for us (new to us at least) if the price on the original tickets weren't too bad.

Wow - she has gotten So big!! I can't believe she is 6 already. Where has the time gone?

I know. Where has this time went?

Better than reading a good book.

Your reviews really let the reader in.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww thanks so much. I'm glad you are here.

We stayed at the Tahitian last April before hopping on the Dawn, and weren't terribly impressed. It looked prettier in the pictures.

I have to agree. The pictures looked awesome. I'm not really too picky of a person. As long as I have a decent place to sleep for the night before and the price is cheap, I'm good to go. However, would I go back here? Probably not for several "other" reasons.

First of all, I just wanted to say I'm so excited to be reading another one of your amazing reviews! They always help me keep my sanity waiting for my next cruise :D:p. I also wanted to say I've had similar problems like the one you had booking hotels and flights through online travel sites. Like you though, I also had my confirmation paper work with me and was able to get it handled. After the issues I've had though, I now book directly through the hotel and the airlines. I'm glad they got everything straightened out for you though :). Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventure!

I really haven't had any problems using online booking sites before. This will be the first (or at least that I can remember). Although this was a different site I had never used before. But for the price, it just couldn't be beat compared to paying regular price or other hotels in the area for the same date.

Hopefully we won't have this problem again and next time I use an online booking, I think for piece of mind, I'll call the hotel ahead of time to confirm the reservation. I would hate to get there and them NOT have room for us. Yikes.

We stayed at the Tahitian a few years ago because they had a great Park and Cruise rate and I had read good reviews. We booked well in advance (6mths or so) and reserved a double bed room (for Sister and I). Specifically told them it was 2 women and we wanted separate beds. Got there no problems and the place looked great. At check-in they promptly told us we were in a room with one double bed. I, too, showed them my confirmation documentation and copies of email with their manager talking about 2 beds. They said they just checked in the last 2 bed room. After a 'discussion' of about 30 minutes where I explained to each person who came in after us what was going on. Very nicely of course, in a normal voice... the Manager came out and told us that they hold double bed rooms for families that may be checking in. I told her that I am a part of a family with my sister and I wanted to room that I reserved. She said she could give us a suite with a king bed. I said that didn't make a difference to me. Because as a big person, a king bed with another person is the same as a queen bed with another person. I love my Sister but I don't want to sleep in the same bed with her. Not a 57 snf 50 yrs old. They wouldn't budge and neither would I. At this point, it was the principle, especially when I found out they still had double rooms but just holding them. Finally, we took the suite, but with a free dinner, free breakfast and a 50% discount on booking. I am not one to argue but again, it was the principle. All that being said, the hotel was nice, suite was great but I ended up sleeping in bed with the Elder and it was a reliving of our childhood that we kinda got a kick out of. Wouldn't stay there again though... again the principle. Not going to give them business. A few reviews I read afterward, a few people said the same thing happened to them. I got the feeling they like young couples that party. It had a party atmosphere after dark. I guess 2 old ladies was not their demographic. Their loss, because we are 2 "wild and crazy gals", not really.

All that being said, Im glad to be reading another of your reviews. Always enjoy them.

Take Care.

Jodie

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your sister. I'm glad you stood your ground though! Good for you.

Trust me, I'm right there with you on the "party atmosphere" thought as well. More to come on that!

I'm jealous! $130 pp from Ohio? Two weeks ago I paid $380 pp from Michigan. :(

Yep, we booked early and the middle of the week when the prices were the cheapest. :p I thought we got an excellent deal. We also used our points and got the flights for free as well.

I love your reviews.

Thanks so much.

Welcome back! I can't wait to read more. Lol on Trader Joes! Some of them do carry soda but more in "healthy" variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had never heard of Trader Joes. We must not have them in my area. When we have a store that starts with "trader" it's either car related or sporting goods related. LOL I almost didn't even spot the place because of the name. LOL

I've so been looking forward to your review. I can't believe how big Sakari is now. She is such a beautiful girl and her spirit just shines.

Thank you so much. She has become quite the little lady in the house and has a wonderful spirit.

You need to start taking a post-cruise week to complete your reviews for your adoring fans... which would mean we'd have to start paying you. Time to start trying to sell to i-book, lol. Can't wait to read the rest.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Although a 2 week cruise should probably take 2 weeks to review...don't ya think? :D

I work 3 days this week and then I have nothing scheduled. Hopefully I'll have time to get a good start on it all week.

been waiting for your review we will be doing the sky 3day next week and the sun in march

I doubt that I will be able to get to the Sky review before next week. I will be lucky to have the Sun completed by then. Good luck on your Sky cruise (just my thoughts, but it wasn't the greatest experience for us).

Have a wonderful cruise. :)

As always loving your review and pictures. You make it like we are right there with you. I am waiting patiently for when you get to the ship! We are just 50+ days away and I am soaking up all I can. It makes the time go by faster. The SUN is also my favorite ship so it is great to read when there are some good, honest reviews. It does sound like you enjoyed your time on the SUN. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this all together. I am sure it takes a lot of time from your own schedule. I am one to say I do appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Edited by NJLVW

As always loving your review and pictures. You make it like we are right there with you. I am waiting patiently for when you get to the ship! We are just 50+ days away and I am soaking up all I can. It makes the time go by faster. The SUN is also my favorite ship so it is great to read when there are some good, honest reviews. It does sound like you enjoyed your time on the SUN. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this all together. I am sure it takes a lot of time from your own schedule. I am one to say I do appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Your 50+ days will come sooner than you can imagine. I hope you have a wonderful cruise with great weather.

Thank you for appreciating the time it takes to put together a review like this. :)

So glad to see your review of these cruises. You take great pics, and your narrative is nice and informative.

Can't wait to read more.

Craig

Thanks so much for the compliments. I enjoy doing them.

After a little while, the rain stopped and we decided to adventure back out toward the opposite direction...this time I had my handy dandy NCL windbreaker jacket in case it started to rain again I wouldn't get too wet.

We found a gas station not too far and stopped in...THEY HAD NO DIET SODA AT ALL!!! The cashier was struggling to make a sale and was frantically looking everywhere...like if I must have missed it or something. Then he started trying to find single cans to put together...um no, it has to be in a case but thanks.

Back out we went and heading to CVS. SCORE!! Soda 3 for $10. I win. We made our purchases and out we quickly went before the rain would hit again.

Once we returned to the room, it was starting to get a little dark. I headed out once the sun went down to get some night pictures of the place.

Our outside hallway lit up:

PB080056%20copy-L.jpg

A room with a view...of the parking lot:

PB080058%20copy-L.jpg

The side entrance to the hotel:

PB080061%20copy-L.jpg

Pool area facing the road:

PB080060%20copy-L.jpg

PB080062%20copy-L.jpg

The fountain that had no water running in it that Sakari insisted on me taking a picture of:

PB080059%20copy-L.jpg

PB080064%20copy-L.jpg

The entrance to the hotel:

PB080067%20copy-L.jpg

PB080066%20copy-L.jpg

The walkway along the back side of the outside restaurant:

PB080063%20copy-L.jpg

PB080065%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari also insisted on going back to visit the koi pond...you know, just to make sure that they were ok and all.

PB080068%20copy-L.jpg