Coki or Magens? Anyone been to both?

LadybugTraveler

Yes, all of the great St. Thomas beaches are talked about frequently on other threads. My husband and I narrowed it down to one of these.

Has anyone been to both Coki and Magens, and can you say which is best?

We'll be there in December, mainly want to relax on a lounger or in natural shade, some light snorkeling would be great. But we definitely want calm water, a gorgeous setting, and amenities.

Really appreciate any input!!!

I have been to both and love both beaches. I have now been to Coki many times for the snorkeling. You will find shade at the far end of the beach.

So would you recommend Coki for the snorkeling? MY DH and I just started snorkeling and now my port research centers around the best places to snorkel.

Can you recommend places to snorkel in St. Maarten?

Thank you. La

Coki has the better snorkeling of the two, so if you are interested in that, I would say go to there. We were there in March. My DH went on a shore dive while I hung out on the beach, near the dive shop/Coki World. The beach is very pretty with nice views and royal blue water. There are also plenty of vendors to rent chairs from and places to get food & drinks. The easiest way to get there is to just crab a cab.