Explore4 Pinnacle Reservations

fsdj1097

Hello All,

I did a search and didn't find this, so I hope that you'll excuse me if this has been discussed previously on this thread.

We are booked on the Maasdam for a Canada/New England cruise next summer. Our booking included the Explore4 promotion.

I asked our TA to make the Pinnacle Grill reservations in advance. He told me that when he attempted to make the reservations, the HAL Guest Services representative said that HAL makes those reservations for Explore4 guests and the date and time will be waiting for us in our cabin upon embarkation.

My TA asked the representative what would happen if the pre-selected date and time were not what we wanted. The representative replied that we could change them once onboard.

What if the date and time that we desire are already booked? Has anyone else experienced this with HAL?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by fsdj1097

We are on the same cruise the week after you! Our experience from last summer was the Explore4 Pinnacle reservation was in the stateroom when we arrived. We had fixed dining and the reservation was for our "normal" dining time. I have read on here of others having some luck in changing their reservations if they were dissatisfied. I'd suggest if you wish to change your date/time, do so as soon as possible when you board.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was able to change my dining time for my Explore4 reservation but we had a limited selection from which to choose. If you go this route, make sure to change your reservation as soon as you can once onboard. You do need to understand that they book the E4 reservations around the advance reservation.

What you could try is to make your own reservation at the PG, online, in advance of the cruise. You will have to pay for the full amount, though, at the time of booking. But, you'll get the date and time of your choice. Then when you get your E4 reservation, you can try to speak with the PG Manager to see if he will apply your E4 credit to your advance reservation. If this can be done, then you should get the full credit on your onboard account.

If the PG Manager is unwilling to help you out or if the E4 reservation is at a date and time that is suitable for you, you can always cancel your other reservation and get your money back through your onboard account.

Good Luck!

I appreciate the quick responses. There is another little twist that I failed to mention on my original post.

We're a party of 6, with 3 separate cabins. Although, our bookings are 'linked' and we share the same fixed seating assignment.

Do you think that we will all receive the same PG reservation date and time?

Thanks again for your replies.

I appreciate the quick responses. There is another little twist that I failed to mention on my original post.

We're a party of 6, with 3 separate cabins. Although, our bookings are 'linked' and we share the same fixed seating assignment.

Call Holland America Ship's Services and try to get the email address of the ship coordinator for your ship. You may want to wait until a few months closer to sailing. Send that person all the confirmation numbers, names of passengers, and cabin numbers and ask that they be linked for your Pinnacle reservation.

We had a time in our room as stated before. It was later than we usually eat but it's vacation so we went for it - The evening we were booked we happened to walk by the PG and asked if we could come earlier -- They were more than accommodating and we changed the timing last minute.

I appreciate your replies and quick response.

I'm sure it will work out. We're mostly wanting to have dinner in the Pinnacle on the last night of the cruise as the Master Chef's International Dinner doesn't appeal to us.

Thanks again!

When we sailed in March we were part of a group of 8 people, 4 staterooms, and our 4 bookings were linked together. We received cards in our staterooms at embarkation indicating our PG reservation date and time and they were all the same. They sat us at a large table and we have a wonderful meal and a great service.

When we sailed in March we were part of a group of 8 people, 4 staterooms, and our 4 bookings were linked together. We received cards in our staterooms at embarkation indicating our PG reservation date and time and they were all the same. They sat us at a large table and we have a wonderful meal and a great service.

That makes me feel better. I know HAL usually does a great job and I'm sure this will be no different.

We just got off the Noordam on Monday. We had pre-booked the Pinnacle for the last night of each segment as we also do not like the International Dinner.

On both cruises, the Pinnacle was quite full all evening as it seems that many people do not like the International Dinner and booked the Pinnacle.

Hope you get the date you want. Remember that the Maasdam's Pinnacle is smaller than the ones on the Vista and Signature class ships.

We just got off the Noordam on Monday. We had pre-booked the Pinnacle for the last night of each segment as we also do not like the International Dinner.

On both cruises, the Pinnacle was quite full all evening as it seems that many people do not like the International Dinner and booked the Pinnacle.

Hope you get the date you want. Remember that the Maasdam's Pinnacle is smaller than the ones on the Vista and Signature class ships.

Do you think we should go ahead and book the PG for the last night and pay for it?

Do you think we should go ahead and book the PG for the last night and pay for it?

We also have Explore 4, but have already booked the Pinnacle for the last night to make sure we will get in. If they can't change our Explore 4 reservation, we'll just have to eat there twice.