How do you work out if your cabin has restricted view?

Vikstar

Hi All,

Just wondering how you work out which cabins have a restricted view when making your cabin selection. I cannot see anything on Royal Caribbean's site which specifies which cabins have restricted views or perhaps I am not looking close enough? :)

Hi All,

Just wondering how you work out which cabins have a restricted view when making your cabin selection. I cannot see anything on Royal Caribbean's site which specifies which cabins have restricted views or perhaps I am not looking close enough? :)

The deck plans have a symbol for obstructed view.

Look at this plan for Radiance deck 10:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/RD/2013-may/rd_deck10_v2013_may.pdf

Staterooms 1098 and 1598 are obstructed.

Sometimes an entire category will have an obstructed view, such as deck 8 staterooms on Majesty. There is a note to that effect in the category description.

I also believe that a lot of the deck 7 staterooms on Radiance Class are listed as obstructed view.

Yep. But the level of true obstruction is debatable. For example, Radiance deck 7 obstruction is below the balcony and not directly in front. Sometimes ladder restriction applies to all cabins on a deck but only the cabin where it is in the park position feels it more and even that isn't that bad.

It will depend on your comfort of the relative obstruction.

You might try searching under the room number you are interested in here. Many past cruisers post pictures here and pictures of the same class of rooms on cruiselinerooms. Since there are a number of each class of ship you can occasionally find the same room on a sister ship.

Good luck

The deck plans show which cabins have "Obstructed" views,.and most of the time, they're not actually obstructed...the cruise line is doing the CYA thing...cover your ass...so folks can't complain because there is a pole or a ladder, etc. in their view. Your outward view is seldom obstructed...sometimes there is a ladder over your balcony or a pole somewhere.....a balcony of ANY kind is better than no balcony!

Edited by cb at sea

The deck plans show which cabins have "Obstructed" views,.and most of the time, they're not actually obstructed...the cruise line is doing the CYA thing...cover your ass...so folks can't complain because there is a pole or a ladder, etc. in their view. Your outward view is seldom obstructed...sometimes there is a ladder over your balcony or a pole somewhere.....a balcony of ANY kind is better than no balcony!

The OP states "cabin" but does not specify "balcony." We have had cabins on Majesty that were ocean view without a balcony. The view was badly obstructed by life boats. I learned my lesson after two of those cruises and made sure to choose an ocean view cabin that was not obstructed for subsequent cruises on Majesty.

The OP states "cabin" but does not specify "balcony." We have had cabins on Majesty that were ocean view without a balcony. The view was badly obstructed by life boats. I learned my lesson after two of those cruises and made sure to choose an ocean view cabin that was not obstructed for subsequent cruises on Majesty.

You are correct OV cabins have real obstructions that defeat the purpose of getting an OV. If you can avoid it don't get it, might as well get an interior.