Latitudes

NoleMini

Me personally, I usually book at least one reservation 9 months to a year out, so I'll get an extra point regardless. But that's annoying if the trip is not an Latitudes inside offer when booking in less than 9 months, on top of if its not a suite / Haven - I'll be upset too.

And for this (extra point for booking 9 months in advance), it's automatic? No code is required? TIA

And for this (extra point for booking 9 months in advance), it's automatic? No code is required? TIA

No code required - just remember when you booked it within the 9 month period and the sail date. For example my sail date is 11/30 and time period I booked is March 23 or 26 (I have to look at paperwork for the exact date when I get home), that 9 months, so its a automatic extra point for me.

Edit: My 1st deposit for NCL was March 6, forgot that March 23-26 was probably the payment for the last minute Carnival trip.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Thanks, maywell. That seemed logical, but I also thought it logical that any sailing advertised with "specials" would not require entering a promo code to get the special (and I'm still not certain, but that's all right). I do realize sometimes the special indicates that one must "enter such and such code when booking."

Edited by Rhea98

Thanks, maywell. That seemed logical, but I also thought it logical that any sailing advertised with "specials" would not require entering a promo code to get the special (and I'm still not certain, but that's all right). I do realize sometimes the special indicates that one must "enter such and such code when booking."

Most (all?) of the details, codes, etc. associated with any given promotion on NCL.com are posted on the "Terms and Conditions" page for the promotion. In the excitement of booking a cruise, it's quite understandable that most folks aren't too interested in reading a fine-print T&C page like this one -- for DASHSALE.

But, when one receives the CONFIRMATION.pdf document (when self-booking w/ NCL), after they calm down a bit, one should check that the promo code as indicated in the T&C has been applied to the reservation. This comes with the territory of being one's own "travel agent" and perhaps why a lot of folks (myself included) incessantly read every silly detail of everything so they don't end up singing the blues about missing out on this or that...

... just a thought.

I just had to do a mock bookings to refresh my memory regarding the promo code(s) because I don't remember putting in one for next year's trip and it was a Latidudes Inside Offer (at the time, probably isn't now). I can't find directly on the NCL booking where to put a promo code anywhere - the only things it asks if it not there, is your information and Latitudes Reward ID number. So where exactly do you put the promo codes at? Its not even at payment screen either...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Just for clarification, this was a Latitude Insider offer that was listed on ncl.com and booked directly from there under our login. Unfortunately, the website did not mention that you had to manually enter the code LATITUDE to get the proper credit - it just said this particular cruise was an Insider Offer so we booked it.

First it was "the person from NCL that booked the cruise did not mark it as such", definitely implying that you had booked the trip through an NCL rep, who was not doing their job properly.

Next it was a "bait and switch", now trying to imply that the NCL rep deliberately didn't mark it as LATITUDES, just so you don't reach Platinum.

How on earth would NCL benefit by blocking you from reaching Platinum?

Finally, at least some of the truth comes out when you admit you booked the trip yourself through the NCL website, and failed to enter the LATITUDE code. If the real problem is that the website is confusing and does not clearly direct you to enter the code, why try and direct blame to NCL agents deliberately trying to prevent your rise to Platinum?

There is a foul smell arising from this complaint.

So who is really doing the baiting and switching?

And what would be the big deal in just NCL taking the high road, and keep a loyal customer happy, and giving them the '3' points!:eek:

Sounds like you're making excuses too!

Edited by American Bear

And what would be the big deal in just NCL taking the high road, and keep a loyal customer happy, and giving them the '3' points!:eek:

The "big deal" would be in giving them points they did not earn. That would be highly unfair to all of the other loyal guests who earned their points legitimately.

NCL should stop bonus point promotions. It’s flooding the top tier with people who haven’t been as loyal to Norwegian as long as some of us have. If it were the old system it would still take people a long while to get to the Platinum tier. Now with so many getting up there, the benefits are starting to erode. The scaled back version of the ship tour I’m sure is just the beginning if Platinum continues to get larger.

OP sorry for your misfortune and good luck on the next cruise line you chose.

Last time I did a mock booking promo codes went on the page you entered the number of people and if you've sailed before. Not checking now so no idea if that is still the case.

But unfortunately this issue is a larger industry issue (not just cruise industry). It is annoying that you have to figure out the fine print to get advertised specials for any site. Like free shipping codes on orders over $50 you usually have to enter a code. It should be automatic.

IMO.... even though I know you have to put a promo code in.... NCL does a poor job of explaining that. (But like I said, most sites do.)

OP did you try posting to a public site for a response yet?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

.... We will be canceling our 9 day Alaska trip that has been booked for next May and will not cruise or recommend NCL in the future.

So, to return to an earlier question. Since you have enjoyed NCL in the past, and are almost Plat, this situation is causing you to drop them all together?

I never offered an opinion one way or the other on whether or not NCL should award the points. I was merely pointing out the OP's untruthful method of presenting their case, trying to garner maximum sympathy from other CC members.

So after all the cruises you see below that we have done with NCL, we have had an issue that apparently cannot be resolved. We cruised this spring on the Getaway, and missed the Latitude offer by 2 days. No biggie- we booked a little 3 day out of Miami this fall with a Latitude insider offer. After we got back, the extra points were not there (we are like 1-2 points away from being Platinum, the whole point of taking the 3 day cruise). We called- the rep said she could see the insider offer but our cruise was "not booked that way" and was just a special pricing. We were told to send it to the Latitude Department, which we did six weeks ago. Today we got an email denying the points.

So, apparently even though we booked thorough NCL specifically regarding an insider offer (apparently had to be marked "LATITUDE" to get to Platinum, the person from NCL that booked the 3 day cruise did not mark it as such, and therefore we do not get the 2 points required to make Platinum. We did not even get the courtesy of a personal response and instead got a scripted email. We will be cancelling our 9 day Alaska trip that has been booked for next May and will not cruise or recommend NCL in the future.

So for those Latitude members out there booking using insider offers, MAKE SURE you have whatever code you need marked on your booking or you will get screwed for a few points. (We needed 5 each to get to Platinum, the Sky would have been 3 each, or 6 for the insider offer.)

I don't cruise for the points but I would be disappointed if I didn't get something i deserved. Have you tried to write to someone higher up the food chain about your issue?