Dining in MDR

Scotchick

We have not found a need for that. The longest we have had to wait is about 10 minutes (though they said it would be longer). The vast majority of time we have walked up and been seated right away. The only caveat is if you have a large group it may take longer.

I agree with marelind as we never had to wait except one time for around ten minutes on the Epic. It was only the two of us so there was never an issue. One time I went out dinner solo and they sat me immediately even though it appeared to be quite a crowd standing around. The waiting groups could have been waiting for others to join them.

My point was that I DIDN'T want to go for dinner at the same time every night, but also wasn't sure if I need to book in order to actually eat at a reasonable time. So, thank you for the people who did actually answer my question. It sounds as if there is no need to book in advance. ::p:p:p

I think it depends. On BA two weeks ago, the lines we stretched all the way back past the elevators for the Manhattan room and I heard them telling people 30-40 minute wait. This was around 7:30pm. I saw that line all three nights we dined there. So, if that kind of wait bothers you, pre- book. If not, go with the flow.

Probably depends on the ship. The longest wait we have ever had is about a half hour. The last 2 cruises on the Jewel they gave out coupons for free cheap sparkling wine or soda if you had to wait. We only had to wait if we went to eat during peak times 630 - 730ish.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Edited by bowbiter

Immediately after the shows get out there will always be a wait so avoid that if you can.

If you are a large group 8+ reservations can be helpful.

Other than that, just show up. If there is a wait you will be given a light up pager so you can wait in a lounge if that is more comfortable.