Summit out of PR

NOSaints1

Just wondering your thoughts on the ship out of SJ, going to Tortola, Fort de France, Roseau, St Thomas and I think St Kitts, we were in SJ two weeks ago and loved the ports on Carnival going to every port except 3 of them. I do have a post on here Celebrity vs Royal were in our 30s. How is the Aqua class, how is the ship is maintained, lots of activities, lots of food options and what do you do at night? If we do book the skysuite any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't quite know what you mean, 'how is the Aqua class?' What specifically do you want to know?

Celebrity's ships are always very well maintained, but Summit is an older ship so it won't have as much of the shine as a newer ship.

What type of activities do you like at night? Generally, celebrity attracts passengers that are more likely to enjoy martinis and listening to music. The bars/clubs are not usually super busy at night, but then this also depends on when you're sailing.

We just got off the Summit last weekend and loved it! We booked an OV which was a first for us. We normally book AQ, but the cruise is so port intensive, it really made no sense to book more, speaking for us....you aren't in there that much. The room was very well appointed and I slept better on the ship then I have here at home in months! The room we had was very quiet. We thought there was plenty to do, found the staff fantastic and really enjoyed the dining. The entertainment was fantastic....loved the acoustic guitarist and Beatlemania especially! While we are in our 50's and not your age, there were plenty of people on the ship that were in your age group.

I wrote a review, but it unfortunately appears to have been sucked up in the cyberspace void!

The Summit attracts a more laid back crowd. If you're looking for partying til 2 in the morning then she's not for you.

The live music is great, the shows are above average at best but if you're looking for a hip where you can sit down and start a conversation with someone new the Summit would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Summit in October 2013 up the East Coast and have booked another cruise on her out of SJ in 2016. Both were booked in Aqua. The first one was an experiment to see if we liked Aqua. We liked it so much that the one in 2016 will be our fourth Aqua cruise. We will try to always book Aqua. It was that good.

DH and I found Summit to be well maintained, Blu to be fabulous, the ship service exemplary. Obviously, we thought it was good enough to book it again. That being said, we were on Equinox this summer and liked that class ship more.

Just DH and my two cents.

Ohiodoglover

We have booked our first Celebrity Cruise for April 2015 out of San Juan. I thought about Aqua, but was concerned about noise from the floor above or below depending on which deck. Are there any Aqua class cabins that have decks with cabins both above and below them?

We sailed on Princess out of San Juan in 2008, and we loved old San Juan. We arrived 2 days early and explored the city on foot. In addition, cruising the Caribbean out of San Juan means less sea days, which we appreciate.