Kids menu in specialty restaurants

jewel_beth

I know that kids 6-12 now pay $8 at specialty restaurants and there is a new kids menu. My 11 year old son is a bit of a foodie and would be very disappointed if he had to order off a kids menu.

Does anyone know for certain if he would have to order off the kids menu to get the $8 price or can he still order off either? If need be, we would pay full price for him to order off regular menu, but would rather pay $8!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

From what I have read the $8 menu has some of the same items as the adult menu but smaller portions.

My DS is 11 and I will take a look at the kids menu but like you I am also prepared to have him order off the regular adult menu. The last couple of times we were at Chops he finished everything so I don't really expect I could get him to stick to the kids menu.

Perhaps the waiter will be nice and only charge the reduced price for him even ordering off the adult menu.

We took our son to Giovanni's this past week, and had to request a kids menu. They brought us the regular menu automatically. The kids menu had three appetizers, three entree items, and three dessert items. They were similar to the main menu, but slightly less complex. We ordered off the kids menu, but I got the impression that he could have ordered off the main menu if he wanted - he is only 5. We checked out the kids menu at Chops, and it was the same - three different options for appetizer, entree, and dessert.

does anyone have a copy of the kids menu? or even just the options that are available? Specifically at Giovanni's

You know, I told my wife that we needed to stop by and take a picture of the kids menu because someone was bound to ask. I remember they had a focaccia bread with pizza toppings as one appetizer, spaghetti with butter, tomato, or meat sauce. For dessert, I think they had ice cream, chocolate cake, or tiramisu I think for desserts. I think they may have had a seafood dish as main course. I am reaching out to some folks doing B2B on Grandeur to see if they can take pic of menu and post it. We scanned the kids menu at Chops, but decided our son might still be too young for it.