can you bring a small fan onboard?

searoses

I need a fan as part of sleep apnea treatment.... my first princess cruise is in a few weeks so I was wondering what the rules are....seems to vary across lines and I do not want to end up in the naughty room!....getting a dr's note is possible but i'd rather not if I don't need it....thanks for any reply

Thank you....I think it was ncl where it was iffy....I can take that off the might have to do list.....doesn't it seem like there are only a couple of weeks between thanksgiving and the other holidays?..... we leave on new years day to eventually board the regal on the 11th....

I need a fan as part of sleep apnea treatment.... my first princess cruise is in a few weeks so I was wondering what the rules are....seems to vary across lines and I do not want to end up in the naughty room!....getting a dr's note is possible but i'd rather not if I don't need it....thanks for any reply

searoses,

Yes you can.

We saw a lady on our last cruise carry on a 20 inch stand fan on board. Said she suffered from hot flashes.

Good luck and safe travels.

King

I always carry a small fan onboard. Last year when we left from Houston on the Caribbean Princess, my sister's fan was confiscated at the port. I also had a fan in my carryon and it was not taken. We still cannot figure why they told her the fan was not allowed. WE do about 3 cruises a year and have always taken a fan with no problem. We are going again on the Emerald out of Houston this year and I am taking my fan. If they try to take it, there will be a major commotion from me...................take your fan... I do!!!

Unless we are flying, DH never travels without Fan(its not just a fan but Fan). We have been on 3 Princess and 1 NCL and took it on board with no problems. We are FL residents so have driven to all our ports. Next June when we land in Vancouver to board the Coral we will need to buy a fan! He can't sleep without it.

I bring a small fan with me every time I cruise. I also bring an extension cord!

My hubby can't sleep without a fan blowing in his face. We have a travel fan that we pack in our luggage. It is a flat one so fits easier. Have traveled with it for many years with no issues - whether flying or driving - never questioned. We also carry a power strip since outlets are scarce. This is like the one we have: http://www.target.com/p/o2-cool-10-deluxe-fan-with-optional-battery-operation-black/-/A-15024770?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=15024770&CPNG=Home+Improvement&kpid=15024770&LID=31pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=15024770&kpid=15024770&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-uWjBRChu9ie05m5ipgBEiQAuHIuKy8cHdpxpa0CLOTzGs5-ksJxQbQ7qfm1s9Rc1daRQhsaAtox8P8HAQ

I am so excited to know this. I have asthma and if I get hot/humid, it brings on my asthma. We are headed to the Panama Canal this Feb. and all I have read is how hard it is to keep the cabins cool because it is so hot. I am definitely going to take one.