Whoever said you can't feel the boat rock on the Allure.....

debbs0723

ImageUploadedByForums1417200463.501777.jpg.faf439b7b627a4344f9486f4b48c71d5.jpg

I just spotted this on cruise critic pages, some people on board the Allure got this letter,

They'd want to sort that problem fast, some people are complaining about vibrations aswell in there rooms and in the Aqua theatre,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol I hope it will be fixed before May. We will be on it in the Mediterranean, leaving Barcelona,

They also don't just randomly capsize there. Don't worry about it. Sounds like a nice trip to take.

They also don't just randomly capsize there. Don't worry about it. Sounds like a nice trip to take.

Thank you, this is our first cruise, the nearest thing we got to a ship was Irish ferries crossing over the Irish Sea to the uk, lol lol

Sorry. Didn't mean to scare anybody. I can assure you that even though it is swaying a little we are nowhere near the boat of being able to capsize. This boats aft is way too fat 😉 The swaying is not ruining our trip in any way. We were in the navigator in 2013 and it was about the same so I was just surprised by it on the allure. I find that taking bonine at night is best. Also it is super easy and free to get on level 2 by the gangway at the medical office. I popped in there before our yacht trip yesterday in st. Marteen and got some. That stuff seems to work faster and not make me as tired. Honestly it was more of a joke. Do not worry about your future trips. 😊 I have yet to actually get super sea sick. I'm just trying to stay ahead of it. Also deck 14 sundeck has not been open anytime I've tried to go out there. Seat saving on the upper decks by the pool seems almost non existent. Although crowded we can always find 2 to 3 chairs. Again, I've been pleasantly surprised by mdr food and service. As far as the dress we have gone more casual on this cruise. Even on formal nights 😨 and guess what.....Nobody cares....at all. All you do is walk to your table and sit down.

Edited by debbs0723

Ive felt movement on all my cruises. It wasnt too bad last one but you could feel it and the safe kept opening and banging against the closet door.

On the Liberty in 2011 it was really bad they had to close some of the decks. It is hurricane season too so of course the seas are going to be a bit more rough this time of year

We were on Allure a year ago. One day we had enough motion that I could feel the ship rocking side to side a little bit, but nothing like we've had in the NE on GR, EN and EX:rolleyes:

DH and I joked that being on Allure was like being in a hotel because unless you were outside you really didnt' know you were on a ship.

You will feel motion on any size ship because, let's face it, the ocean is still a lot bigger:D

[ATTACH]332634[/ATTACH]

I just spotted this on cruise critic pages, some people on board the Allure got this letter,

They'd want to sort that problem fast, some people are complaining about vibrations aswell in there rooms and in the Aqua theatre,

Way, way too small to read.

And, where on CC did you "spot" this? Posting a link would have been better.

Edited by BND

I'm on the boat now. It has been swaying back and forth like crazy for days. We are having some propulsion problem. We were 3.5 hours late in St. Thomas. None of this has ruined a great trip and I feel like Royal showed some real class by giving room credits. We got a credit totaling $200. $100 per room for 2 rooms with 2 people each. I know they do not have to do that. Trip has been great. I think mdr food has been better than I've had in a long time on a ship. Windjammer....not so much. Beautiful ship and fun ship. I just wish I wasn't living on dramamine.

Debbie

Last year, at just about this time, we were on Oasis on the eastern route. Wow it was bumpy. They water in one of the adult pools splashed over the glass wall and down into Central Park. I was in CP when it happened, it was a goodly amount of water. They closed and drained the pool after that.

Was quite fun after doing the wine pairing in 150 CP to try to walk back to the cabin. I probably looked like a pinball.... :eek:

So, yes, it can be quite a ride.

I just got off the Liberty yesterday. It went from Ft Lauderdale to Belize and Cozumel. We had almost 60mph winds yesterday and the day before. The ship was rocking REALLY bad and they had to close the pools and the pool deck for awhile. The seas were really rough because of the winds.

I'm home and still swaying really bad.

It happens to me after each cruise. I don't get sea sick and I've been in 20-25foot waves, but I get land sick and have the blahs the next day. LOL

Thank you, this is our first cruise, the nearest thing we got to a ship was Irish ferries crossing over the Irish Sea to the uk, lol lol

You'll be on a much bigger ship upcoming. So big you'll be amazed that the thing can move at all.

It happens to me after each cruise. I don't get sea sick and I've been in 20-25foot waves, but I get land sick and have the blahs the next day. LOL

That's just withdrawal lol. Actually, if I don't medicate (or if the seas are really rough) I get seasick, but I also get off the ship and the first couple of days, the land is moving.

Stabilizers can only do so much, they don't negate it all. Also, and here's a dirty little secret, they add to ship's drag and fuel consumption. So, if they figure they can do without them, they keep them in. ;)

Besides, some motion is good, reminds one that they are on a ship, not a land resort!:D

Hey Lou look at my user name good, do I know you??

We are definitely running with 2 engines. SPeed varies between 16-19 knots. I don't think they resolved the engine problem. Looks like as long as the winds are in the ships favor (the ship) is on time. Right now it's a 35knot cross wind. A princess and a carnival ship both passed is up this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mikevet