Funny Story

travler27

We just got back from a B2B on the Splendor. Between cruises my wife was in the laundry washing a load and a little while after embarkation started she noticed a couple across the hall not having much luck getting their stateroom door to open. She went to see if she could help. She too was unable to get either of their S&S cards to open the door.

The lady was in a panic. When they got on board the stewards were still cleaning and the door was propped open. They had gone in their room, unpacked (I think they had FTTF), put their valuables in the safe, showered and went down for some lunch. Upon returning to their cabin their S&S card would not open the door. My wife asked if they were sure they had the right room and they said "yeah, it's printed right here on our card"?

That had gone to the cabin that matched their folio number. :)

Last time my wife saw them they were in line at GS.

Edited by travler27

Uh oh. Man I can see how that might happen.

Guess there really is a reason Carnival tells you not to go to your cabin until it's ready. The folks who booked that cabin were in for a surprise too.

As noted, with FTTF their cabin should be ready and they would be within their rights to access the cabin any time after boarding.

Edited by sanmarcosman

We've seen that happen on Princess.

Gal had thoroughly moved into the cabin that was not hers, even took the name card off the mailbox.

The room steward had to completely redo the cabin.

As noted, with FTTF their cabin should be ready and they would be within their rights to access the cabin any time after boarding.

Where in the OP's post does the OP say that the cruisers locked out of their cabin had FTTF?

They may have had FTTF but it would have been for their booked cabin. Not for their folio numbered cabin.

Yes, of course, I thought that part of the story was a given ;) I posted that comment in reply to another member's post saying the couple should have waited until they were permitted to go to the cabins.

Edited by sanmarcosman

We just got back from a B2B on the Splendor. Between cruises my wife was in the laundry washing a load and a little while after embarkation started she noticed a couple across the hall not having much luck getting their stateroom door to open. She went to see if she could help. She too was unable to get either of their S&S cards to open the door.

The lady was in a panic. When they got on board the stewards were still cleaning and the door was propped open. They had gone in their room, unpacked (I think they had FTTF), put their valuables in the safe, showered and went down for some lunch. Upon returning to their cabin their S&S card would not open the door. My wife asked if they were sure they had the right room and they said "yeah, it's printed right here on our card"?

That had gone to the cabin that matched their folio number. :)

Last time my wife saw them they were in line at GS.

Ouch! That's something my wife would do, if I ever let her lead.

You know the people that booked that cabin probably sad when they got to their cabin. "Wow, Carnival provide clothing for you to wear along with the luggage to", "What a hell of cruise line." Only problem I bet was they also said "Carnival never asked our sizes." "The clothes don't fit."

Man, tooooooooooo funny! :-))

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums mobile app

Edited by anp25

We once arrived in our cabin to find other occupants' items. There were clothes in the drawers and closets, a purse and reading material in the drawers, the restroom had obviously been used, etc. We contacted the room steward who had no idea who it was or how or when they had gotten in. We immediately went to Guest Services because we were unsure if the cabin had been accidentally double booked, if their cabin key had been miskeyed, if they were on a B2B and didn't pack up their belongings or what.

It was quite a mess to fix. We had to return to the cabin and wait on the Hotel Manager to investigate. Then the Hotel Manager called the room steward to the cabin to ask about it. Then Security had to be called to observe the Hotel Manager removing all their items and bagging them up. Also, the other people had put stuff in the safe and locked it, but Security couldn't open it and remove those items. We had to wait for the other people to come to the room and remove it themselves with Security in attendance so the other people could not claim we had somehow taken their stuff. The room steward had to clean the cabin and bathroom again, wiping down all the surfaces.

We knew the other people's names because of medication vials left in the cabin. Guest Services paged them repeatedly, but they did not respond for hours. We carry on all of our luggage, so we were unwilling to leave the cabin unattended not knowing how the other people had been able to enter the cabin and if they would be able to get back in. We didn't want to leave our valuables unattended (remember we couldn't use the safe because they had put stuff in it and locked it), so we sat in the cabin (leaving only for muster drill) until almost dinner before the other people ever responded to the repeated pages. It turned out the couple got into the cabin when the room steward had his block of cabin doors propped open while he was turning them over, unloaded what they had carried on and shut the door. They had transposed a couple of the numbers of their assigned cabin and gone into the wrong cabin.

It was a terribly frustrating, and decidedly unamusing, incident for sure.