sending Crew members Flowers

kavanaugh77

I have made alot of friends of crew members while on Board. I would like to send a few of them roses as a thank you gift,

Would I send it to the ship from a florist on the day they are in port or how would I do it or can I order through NCL

What did Ncl say when you called them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

these are members of like Guest services etc that have single cabins

so they Will have the space I will also be sending cash just wondering how to go about it

I'm not sure, but I don't think the cabins for crew are as big as you think. I spoke with a performer and the cabins are small, but adequate for one.

so they Will have the space I will also be sending cash just wondering how to go about it

You should have given them a cash tip while on board

It is doubtful that you would ever get a local florist or an online flower company to be able to get the flowers on board ( I.e. security procedures for the delivery person)

So they would have to be left with someone at the port who will be more concerned with getting 4000 pax checked in than your flowers

So the flowers will wilt.... Get lost in the shuffle...and never get to the recipient....

Go ahead and wire them the cash gift.... Because you seem to know these workers personally so you should have contact info.....

Then.... As I posted earlier.... Call Ncl...

Why? Because they have a flowers in the cabin thing they can set up

So you will spend a fortune doing this...... But the guest service person must have done something very special for you to become such a good friend that warrants such a pricey thank you....

I would have just thanked them profusely while on board and maybe given them a $10..... But that's just me as I have no reason to maintain friendship with anyone I meet on a ship as my family keeps me quite busy

In your op you are saying you want to send roses to more than one crew member right?

$100's of dollars in thank you roses? Really? Who does that?

You should have given cash while on board and if you wanted to maintain a friendship with them just exchanged contact info then

Edited by luvtheships

Send them something that would be more useful or practical for them. They have tiny cabins so there will be no room for them. How about cash, a gift card, calling cards along the recognition to NCL customer service.

Calling cards will be useless

As others have said - the crew cabins are tiny, and barely have room for their essentials. I think roses would be a waste!! Perhaps you can get a gift card to them instead - amex, visa, mastercard. Cash would definitely be appreciated more than flowers.

I have made alot of friends of crew members while on Board. I would like to send a few of them roses as a thank you gift,

Would I send it to the ship from a florist on the day they are in port or how would I do it or can I order through NCL

Yes, it can be done directly through NCL, but not online . . . a call only (because there is no booking number connected to that individual).

In the case of Guest Services staff, it should be delivered to the GS desk with that individual's name on the card attached. There is more room (although not lots) for them to be displayed, and their team members get to enjoy them too.

I did this once for the Latitudes Cruise Consultant, and it was quite easy. She enjoyed the gesture, and kept them on her desk for a several days.

As others have mentioned, flowers in the individual cabins may not be optimal at all.

I think it is lovely that crewmembers made you happy and I think it is sweet that you want to do something to let them know as much. Do what you feel is proper. I would call NCL and ask them how to go about sending them a thank you gift. Don't let other peoples negative comments stop you from doing what you consider appropriate.

Send them something that would be more useful or practical for them. They have tiny cabins so there will be no room for them. How about cash, a gift card, calling cards along the recognition to NCL customer service.

You have to think about allergies.

What staff need the most is cash as they send it home to support their families and extended families.

Does anyone think the

• butler/stateroom attendant/wine waiter/barman on the
  • Getaway/Jewel/Spirit in
  • June 2013/Feb 2014/Oct 2014

rang up their family

• that week/every week

and said "guess what, I made another ten/twenty/thirty friends this week".

Nope not at all. Lol

But I am sure they said.... " I

made nice nice with pax again this week and made extra tip money"

Does anyone think the

• butler/stateroom attendant/wine waiter/barman on the
  • Getaway/Jewel/Spirit in
  • June 2013/Feb 2014/Oct 2014

rang up their family

• that week/every week

and said "guess what, I made another ten/twenty/thirty friends this week".

*LOL*

Yep

Day after Thanksgiving is a paid holiday where I work. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get 8 hours OT .

I immediately called my wife and told her

"Guess what honey , next week we are gonna have candy and t shirts a plenty , I done hit the mother lode "

She hung up on me

*LOL*

The OP did not ask for an opinion. They ask how to send flowers, not if they should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True.....but sometimes people just do not think clearly

Flowers are lovely and I am looking at my beautiful bouquet in my home right now..... But if I were an overworked crew member... Be it guest services or wherever on the ship..... I can marvel at the beauty in life anywhere on the nicely appointed ship...... But cash in my pocket would really make me smile

Sometimes posters need to be told this.

X2. Get a grip. What do crews do with a bunch of flowers that would turn into worthless garbage in a few days? Give US$ and single them out for praise on NCL guest survey.

Not to mention how little time they are able to actually spend in their cabins looking at the flowers

Edited by luvtheships