Regal Princess: Free Sauna & Steam Rooms??

bobst42392

I've looked at the deck plans, but can't determine if Regal Princess offers either or both free sauna and steam rooms to sweat out the previous night's alcohol.

Related, for 7 day cruises, do they offer a Thermal Suite package, and what is the cost?

Answers from any recently on board would be appreciated. Thank you.

"Sweating out" booze is useless and can be dangerous in terms of dehydration and blood pressure. The best way to use a sauna to avoid hangovers is to skip those last few drinks and go sit in one instead.

For myself and friends this a big issue. At the health clubs here at home, and on other Princess ships, one can hit the steam or sauna after a workout. On sea days both after a morning cardio and an afternoon session with the weights. I know of several couples that will not sail on these two ships because of the lack of steam and sauna facilities attached or close to the gym. Lets hope the third ship in this class addresses this shortcoming.

So can one book for a daily rate? Mainly interested in the steam and sauna. We have a 7 days cruise coming up would like to use after a massage or maybe another day after a workout. By any chance are there just hourly rates? Thanks.

On our sailing, it was by the week only.

So can one book for a daily rate? Mainly interested in the steam and sauna. We have a 7 days cruise coming up would like to use after a massage or maybe another day after a workout. By any chance are there just hourly rates? Thanks.
No hourly or daily rates. The Enclave must be booked for the entire cruise and spots are limited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
For myself and friends this a big issue. At the health clubs here at home, and on other Princess ships, one can hit the steam or sauna after a workout. On sea days both after a morning cardio and an afternoon session with the weights. I know of several couples that will not sail on these two ships because of the lack of steam and sauna facilities attached or close to the gym. Lets hope the third ship in this class addresses this shortcoming.

Based on ship layout probably will not. The Fitness Center is aft on the Sun Deck 18 while the Enclave/Spa is on Plaza Deck 5 forward. No room for steam rooms or saunas in the Fitness Center since the rest of the area around this is kids area and aft terrace pool. Doubt they will remove either to add steam and sauna areas.

Do you know what this cost includes?

2 different level Steam rooms...one Sauna. ..4 different showers....UN Heated tiled beds (8) 2 small water pad beds (useless) access to the Spa loinge (very nice) Huge Hot Pool (nice)

Is it worth it? Its over priced. But there are NO other options on this class of ship.

2 different level Steam rooms...one Sauna. ..4 different showers....UN Heated tiled beds (8) 2 small water pad beds (useless) access to the Spa loinge (very nice) Huge Hot Pool (nice)

Is it worth it? Its over priced. But there are NO other options on this class of ship.

I don't know what the issue was with the "UN Heated" tile beds on your cruise but they were definitely heated on our cruise on the Regal in September of 2014.

I don't know what the issue was with the "UN Heated" tile beds on your cruise but they were definitely heated on our cruise on the Regal in September of 2014.

Well...the room may be hot...but the beds aren't. .I sailed the Regal November 2015......What ever they are...did I get the number right and the rest of the description? There's another thread on here that spoke about the Enclave and whether the beds were heated or NOT. Check it out.

You must have been the lucky one:). On all of my cruises (Princess) I've found the beds' temperature barely noticeable or not noticeable at all.....:(.

Bob