2 MDR Reservations

leinhto

I know you can't do it online, but is there a way to book MDR for both seating in one evening or do MTD and regular?

My reason is we are traveling with a group of 10 couples and they have the second seating (8:30pm) booked. We want to enjoy their company at dinner but the time is way later than our normal eating time. We'd like to eat earlier around 6:30 pm and then join the crowd and perhaps just have dessert when the group is having their dinner.

Since I am not leading the group I don't want to replan their dinner time earlier. So that option is off the table.

Any suggestions on how to work this out?

I know you can't do it online, but is there a way to book MDR for both seating in one evening or do MTD and regular?...
Given that often the one seating option I prefer is "sold out", I hope they will NOT allow you multiple reservations.

You do ask "Any suggestions on how to work this out?"

1) On ships where the passengers are predominantly from the US, late dining is often not full. You could eat either early MDR or MTD, and then see if your friends waiter can accommodate you for desert, but unlikely to be space at the table AND you owe the second shift waiter a tip in addition to the gratuity to your regular waiter (this is not going to be placed on your SeaPass, but morally you do owe it). OR

2) You can reserve late seating with your friends, but eat your main meal at Windjammer or Specialty, and then go to your assigned late table with your friends for desert.

Not possible. Your option would be to do MTD, and eat early...then, join them later, if seating is available....that seems to be the only possibility , to me!

I can't see where you would need to tip again, unless you were eating again, which seems to be contrary to why you don't want to eat late!

Your best option would be to have YOU eat a bit later than normal, and have your friends eat a bit earlier than they normally do..one seating...and done!!!