Renting chairs and Umbrella on Grand Anse Beach

vacationlady

Just returned from our cruise where we took the water taxi to Grand Anse Beach ($4 per person each way). When we got off the water taxi, we walked to the right where you will find chairs and umbrellas for rent. The further you walk the better deal you will get. Keep walking until you find Lazy Days (big wooden sign on the beach) where they rent a chair, umbrella for $5 each. The price includes free Wi-Fi and bathroom access. The others do not tell you it costs $1 to use the toilets. A nice young man named Jonathan set us up and Mary took our drink orders for the day. They were not pushy like some of the other vendors, who just wanted to sell you the chair and umbrella and then they were done with you for the day. They are located in front of the spice market on Grand Anse Beach. The spices were cheaper in town at the market than at Grand Anse Beach. If you are interested in spices go to the market first and then take the spices back to the ship and catch the ferry to the beach. It was a great way to spend a day at the beach. It was one of the nicest beaches we went to on our cruise.

Thanks so much for the review. We have booked a private tour for the day and he is going to take us to Grand Anse Beach for awhile before returning us to the ship. It sounds like Lazy Days would be a good location to be brought to. We were thinking of Umbrellas as well, but some people in our group might want to rent chairs and I'm not sure Umbrellas has them.

IslandStar, your thoughts?

Edited by canadarocks

Thanks so much for the review. We have booked a private tour for the day and he is going to take us to Grand Anse Beach for awhile before returning us to the ship. It sounds like Lazy Days would be a good location to be brought to. We were thinking of Umbrellas as well, but some people in our group might want to rent chairs and I'm not sure Umbrellas has them.

IslandStar, your thoughts?

Remind me who are you going out with on your tour? I would always go with a good recommendation and the other post said they had a great time and were well looked after.

Umbrellas is not right on the beach like Lazy Days - Probably 100yds back with cars in front so not as beachy I suppose. The food though is great but since you lot all eat non-stop on board :p that may not be what you are after anyway.

Sounds like Lazy Days may be coming out on top - let us know what you decide and what you thought :cool:

Remind me who are you going out with on your tour? I would always go with a good recommendation and the other post said they had a great time and were well looked after.

Umbrellas is not right on the beach like Lazy Days - Probably 100yds back with cars in front so not as beachy I suppose. The food though is great but since you lot all eat non-stop on board :p that may not be what you are after anyway.

Sounds like Lazy Days may be coming out on top - let us know what you decide and what you thought :cool:

We're going with Stan Grainger of JNJ Tours. I asked you about him quite a while ago, but you didn't know him. Any chance you know him now? :)

We're going with Stan Grainger of JNJ Tours. I asked you about him quite a while ago, but you didn't know him. Any chance you know him now? :)

Must be my age as am getting quite forgetfull :p

Still don't know him personally but have heard good things :D

Will wait on your review in anticipation.

:cool:

• 3 months later...
Must be my age as am getting quite forgetfull :p

Still don't know him personally but have heard good things :D

Will wait on your review in anticipation.

:cool:

Filling in for CanadaRocks as they did not go on this tour (had acquaintances on the island so had a private tour) but we did go with Stan. He was great and very informative. He grew up In Grenada but finished high school in FL. Is back there now doing tours part of the year. He had soda, water, local beer, and excellent rum for us. First time I had my first beer at 9:45 am.

He gave us an hour or more at Grand Anse but one couple was eager to get back to the ship or it may have been longer. Some skipped the beach altogether.

Free wi-fi if your asked a shop owner to enter a password.

I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Filling in for CanadaRocks as they did not go on this tour (had acquaintances on the island so had a private tour) but we did go with Stan. He was great and very informative. He grew up In Grenada but finished high school in FL. Is back there now doing tours part of the year. He had soda, water, local beer, and excellent rum for us. First time I had my first beer at 9:45 am.

He gave us an hour or more at Grand Anse but one couple was eager to get back to the ship or it may have been longer. Some skipped the beach altogether.

Free wi-fi if your asked a shop owner to enter a password.

I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Thanks for filling in for me with the review 2wheelin. So glad Stan worked out so well for you all. It was very nice meeting you on our mutual Bonaire tour. :)

Just returned from our March 2015 cruise and had a blast! While in Grenada, we decided to take a water taxi to Grande Anse Beach as we had done this on previous trips. I found it interesting that the taxi guides were pushing the return tickets, telling people that if they did not have a prearranged land taxi, they would not be able to return to the port....WRONG! It is a quick bus ride back to the port at a fraction of the price of a return water taxi. Just walk to the road and wait for bus.

The water taxi guides were really promoting certain people to go to for chairs and an umbrella. Clearly a kick back for them, but who really cares.

If you want a quieter area of the beach and guaranteed good and honest service from a humble lady......turn left once off the pier and find Ann. You'll find her within a short walk of the pier. She charges $20 for two chairs and an umbrella and will set you up with a trusted food and drink person if you choose to indulge.

Ann keeps the annoying sales people at bay, ensuring that you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Ann is the type of person you want to give business to. Will be visiting again in two years and look forward to spending time in the same spot.

• 2 months later...
Just returned from our March 2015 cruise and had a blast! While in Grenada, we decided to take a water taxi to Grande Anse Beach as we had done this on previous trips. I found it interesting that the taxi guides were pushing the return tickets, telling people that if they did not have a prearranged land taxi, they would not be able to return to the port....WRONG! It is a quick bus ride back to the port at a fraction of the price of a return water taxi. Just walk to the road and wait for bus.

The water taxi guides were really promoting certain people to go to for chairs and an umbrella. Clearly a kick back for them, but who really cares.

If you want a quieter area of the beach and guaranteed good and honest service from a humble lady......turn left once off the pier and find Ann. You'll find her within a short walk of the pier. She charges $20 for two chairs and an umbrella and will set you up with a trusted food and drink person if you choose to indulge.

Ann keeps the annoying sales people at bay, ensuring that you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Ann is the type of person you want to give business to. Will be visiting again in two years and look forward to spending time in the same spot.

We will be there in November. I hope I can find Ann. I am for anyone who will help keep the sales people away. I know they need money, bit i need some R&R!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are going in a couple of weeks and would like to find Lazy Days. We will take a taxi to the craft & spice market at Grand Anse (small boats make the DH seasick so the water taxi is out). From the market, which way would we turn to find Lazy Days?

If you are facing the water turn left to get to Lazy Days

• 1 month later...

We took the OP's recommendation and found Lazy Days at the beach. Really enjoyed it. Mary took care of us bring us $2 Carib beer all day. Also, they had a free bathroom for their patrons (vs. $1 and a walk thru the vendors at the Spice Market.

It was $20 for two chairs and an umbrella. This seemed to be the going rate at all the vendors we walked by.