What to do when part of group can't go

cindivan

SO since your dealing direct with RCCL - you booked direct and not thru a Travel Agent - too bad - they probably could have helped you a lot

I did book through a TA. I was on the phone - mostly on hold waiting - while the TA was working with RC and had me on the line as well because the TA wanted to make sure I am happy with the "resolution" RC is offering and the TA was on hold so it was just easier for me to be easily reachable. I had lunch, did laundry, cleaned the house, etc while carrying around my phone on speakerphone -good thing my schedule was clear today. Not sure if today was particularly busy or my situation was unusual enough that it kept being passed on...

But it's resolved at as best it can be at this point. For the 30+ cruises we have been on this is the first one we have ever had a family member have to cancel like this, so it was a new experience and one I hope not to repeat.

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post before. When we had to cancel my parents, 10 days before a cruise, we had to do exactly that. We had split them up previously because of C&A discounts. When it became obvious that we had to cancel, we (the cruise line/resolutions) moved them into one of the reserved rooms, DH and me in the other....then we cancelled "their" room. It will make it a lot easier when you go to file the insurance claim.

The insurance company will also want credit card statements, and that final passenger reservation confirmation showing them with same room and reservation number. And then there is the physician paper work. Good Luck! :)

Edited by Coralc