Adventure of the Seas 7 Day Southern Caribbean Compasses

AOS does not have a flow rider. They are on a freedom class and larger ships. Not sure if they installed a big screen for movies under the stars in the most recent dry dock. Hopefully someone will chime in, or if you look at the Cruise Compasses the OP posted, it would be listed under activities, if available.

We ave been on AOS twice, and are going next Jan. again. Love the itinerary.

AOS does not have a flow rider. They are on a freedom class and larger ships. Not sure if they installed a big screen for movies under the stars in the most recent dry dock. Hopefully someone will chime in, or if you look at the Cruise Compasses the OP posted, it would be listed under activities, if available.

We ave been on AOS twice, and are going next Jan. again. Love the itinerary.

Adventure has a pool big screen now. Flowrider probably coming in late 2016.

Hello! Thank you again for posting all the Cruise Compass news letters! Did you attend the Mystery Dinner Theater?

My pleasure! Glad they have been so helpful!

We didn't attend the mystery dinner. It sounded fun though. Did eat at Giovanni's though and it was very good.

Thank you so much for sharing the compasses! This is our first cruise ever and I'm still "learning" so to speak; we're doing all of the same ports. Is it likely for the itineraries to stay the same or at least similar?

Thank you so much for sharing the compasses! This is our first cruise ever and I'm still "learning" so to speak; we're doing all of the same ports. Is it likely for the itineraries to stay the same or at least similar?

Same ports will be very similar. Some changes to show headliners and such, but very similar.

I'm on that cruise too. Note that we have the reverse of this itinerary (St Croix first and Barbados last)...I wouldn't plan based on these beyond dinner times and show times, but you can expect basically all of the same activities to occur at some point during the week.

I'm on that cruise too. Note that we have the reverse of this itinerary (St Croix first and Barbados last)...I wouldn't plan based on these beyond dinner times and show times, but you can expect basically all of the same activities to occur at some point during the week.

Oh! I didn't NOT notice that, thank you for mentioning it. I still haven't memorized the ports in order haha.

I'm just so excited and since we're so close to May I figured I'd start searching to forum again for reviews and helpful tips.

We did early dining, so I can't help you with My Time.

Another option would be to take advantage of the discount for pre-booking Giovanni's Table for Sunday night. We got a 20% discount. It was excellent food and service and you wouldn't have to fight the crowds for a seat at the main dining room right after muster. I'm sure if you told them you wanted to be out by 8 or so to make sail away they would accommodate you.

Can you reserve at Giovanni's for the first night online? Or do you have to wait until you board? I did not know you can get a 20% discount the first night.

On Carnival if you book the steak house for the first night you get a free bottle of wine so we've always done that.

We did early dining, so I can't help you with My Time.

Another option would be to take advantage of the discount for pre-booking Giovanni's Table for Sunday night. We got a 20% discount. It was excellent food and service and you wouldn't have to fight the crowds for a seat at the main dining room right after muster. I'm sure if you told them you wanted to be out by 8 or so to make sail away they would accommodate you.

Can you reserve at Giovanni's for the first night online? Or do you have to wait until you board? I did not know you can get a 20% discount the first night.

On Carnival if you book the steak house for the first night you get a free bottle of wine so we've always done that.

We booked online. They make you prepay when you book. I don't think they offer the same deal if you book a reservation on the ship.

On board AOS now, you can book the same special when you get onboard at the 20% off.

So hoping you do a review thread when you get home. And yes, the compasses would be great also.

All this snow just makes me want to read more and more on the Adventure. 22 days and counting!!!

Curious how AoS has stood up over the years. This was one of the speculated trickle down ship changeups with the new ships debuting over the next couple of years.

Always liked the idea of leaving from someplace tropical very little chance of 'weather' slowing the process down(except Hurricanes.......)

Enjoy! Keep us posted.

Curious how AoS has stood up over the years. This was one of the speculated trickle down ship changeups with the new ships debuting over the next couple of years.

Always liked the idea of leaving from someplace tropical very little chance of 'weather' slowing the process down(except Hurricanes.......)

Enjoy! Keep us posted.

Just got home sunday after two wonderful weeks onboard. The crew takes excellent care of this ship. She had a mini dry dock last spring and late next year she is scheduled to have her full dry dock done according to the Captain during his session for questions and answers.

Its just wonderful to take your coat off when you get on the plane and its so so wonderful to be in warm weather when you get off the plane.

We did a catamaran on Barbados with calabaza (private charter with only twelve people) and it was amazing! Awesome service, food, drinks, boat, everything!

If you have never swam with stingrays the RC excursion on Antigua was good. We went on the early one and I recommend it over the later one. About twice the people had shown up when we were leaving.

Calabza is one of our favs too, and we are doing it again in a couple of weeks!

compasses - but I'm not having any luck - I have pages and pages and pages of this thread and I can't read the tiny pictures.

Help? And thanks to the OP for sharing!

have you tried downloading the photos onto your own computer and then printing them? They might be larger that way.

Gregory,

Do you have any thoughts on what was on the menu for dinner on formal night (Antigua, day 5)? Did they do the Jasmine menu with the lobster tail?

We are trying to book Giovannis for the night they serve lamb, veal and shrimp Gyoza, can you recall what night that was served? (it's the Shtake menu night) That's the night we want to avoid and I don't know if it's day 4 or day 6??

I saved all the compasses, crab was on the menu on friday night I.believe, 2nd formal night and 70s party was on thursday nigh, still traveling home but.cannemail.compasses later this week if u email me I will scan them in. Email suzyrn89@yahoo.com

Thanks Suzy! Do the compasses actually say which menu is offered each night? I know the ones I've seen on line don't, unfortunately! Welcome home and hope you had a great trip!

I saved all the compasses, crab was on the menu on friday night I.believe, 2nd formal night and 70s party was on thursday nigh, still traveling home but.cannemail.compasses later this week if u email me I will scan them in. Email suzyrn89@yahoo.com

Did your itinerary include St. Croix? If so, I would really like to see the compasses also ... thanks, Jan (the compasses at the beginning of the thread have St. Croix last, while we have it as our first port)

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Calabza is one of our favs too, and we are doing it again in a couple of weeks!

have you tried downloading the photos onto your own computer and then printing them? They might be larger that way.

Gregory,

Do you have any thoughts on what was on the menu for dinner on formal night (Antigua, day 5)? Did they do the Jasmine menu with the lobster tail?

We are trying to book Giovannis for the night they serve lamb, veal and shrimp Gyoza, can you recall what night that was served? (it's the Shtake menu night) That's the night we want to avoid and I don't know if it's day 4 or day 6??

Day 5 was lobster yep!

If I had to, I would put day four as shiitake, but I can't remember 100%

You should be able to change your reservation once you get on the ship. They'll know which day it is for sure.

Enjoy!

Edited by gregorykicks

Just got off AOS yesterday....had an awesome time....no bad issues to report....Staying in San Juan for a few days...I will try to put a review up this week.

Can't wait to hear your review.

And Suzy, thanks so much for the offer to send compasses. I'm the one that sent you email this afternoon. So appreciate you doing this.