Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

Just curious -- what is an interior chair? One that is indoors? Can you define "older crowd?" :confused:

The Diamond lounge on Indy has indoor and outdoor seating. Older crowd would be senior age. Retirees. Lates 60's and up. I would say most were on the up side of the number scale.

I'm not saying everyone who is older does this. I have plenty of older friends who see the same issues I do. I'm just saying throughout my whole cruise the same groups of older people all lined up to be in the door first. Grabbed all the chairs inside then wouldn't move all night.

On another thread you say you are not yet D+

So, can I assume you sail in suites to gain access to the CL?

Also wondering how you know how many drinks someone had over the three hours unless you were there?

I was referring to the diamond lounge on INDY specifically. Not the CL lounge. And I was there for over 3 hours actually. I stayed till after they closed. I was watching the heat game on the tv there as no where else on the ship was playing it. I also ate, and drank multiple drinks. Again I didn't get one drink and sit in a chair starring blankly into nowhere for 3 hours.

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

I'm just saying throughout my whole cruise the same groups of older people all lined up to be in the door first. Grabbed all the chairs inside then wouldn't move all night.

And I was there for over 3 hours actually. I stayed till after they closed. I was watching the heat game on the tv there as no where else on the ship was playing it. I also ate, and drank multiple drinks. Again I didn't get one drink and sit in a chair starring blankly into nowhere for 3 hours.

Thanks for clearing that up. You showed up, grabbed an inside chair and then stayed all night - until after they closed.

Meanwhile, you whine & complain about the "old people" who showed up, grabbed an inside chair & stayed all night.

I guess it's different though, because YOU were staring at a basketball game on TV, while they (according to you) were "staring blankly into nowhere." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up. You showed up, grabbed an inside chair and then stayed all night - until after they closed.

Meanwhile, you whine & complain about the "old people" who showed up, grabbed an inside chair & stayed all night.

I guess it's different though, because YOU were staring at a basketball game on TV, while they (according to you) were "staring blankly into nowhere." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now this is just plain funny....thanks for the post!;)

As stated I had to sit outside because the older crowd just grabbed all the chairs inside. And yes starred blindly off to nowhereville. I assume by your response your one of the older crowd I was talking about. You clearly got offended and couldn't read what I actually posted. And that was 1 night out of 6. The other 5 you had the same people lined up waiting for the lounge to open so the cattle could pile in.

I think that as far as rudeness and bad manners go, they are unfortunate human traits that exist in, hopefully, a minority of people. Crown & Anchor status has nothing really to do with it. There are nice and not so nice among us, and it has nothing to do with cruising.

We are not loyal to Royal, so we spend time on other lines. Not really interested in gaining points, just in having a great experience. However, when we pay a lot of extra money for a suite, we see it as a luxury, and we do expect to get a seat and a drink in the lounge without feeling like cattle.

I like the idea of the suite lounge.

The Diamond lounge on Indy has indoor and outdoor seating. Older crowd would be senior age. Retirees. Lates 60's and up. I would say most were on the up side of the number scale.

I'm not saying everyone who is older does this. I have plenty of older friends who see the same issues I do. I'm just saying throughout my whole cruise the same groups of older people all lined up to be in the door first. Grabbed all the chairs inside then wouldn't move all night.

I was referring to the diamond lounge on INDY specifically. Not the CL lounge. And I was there for over 3 hours actually. I stayed till after they closed. I was watching the heat game on the tv there as no where else on the ship was playing it. I also ate, and drank multiple drinks. Again I didn't get one drink and sit in a chair starring blankly into nowhere for 3 hours.

LetsGetWell, you took my answer, lol, although yours was much better stated. The "old" saying comes to mind, "Do as I say, not as I do." I guess it's time to stay home and listen to my arteries harden, but it's a lot more fun to watch the intolerance in the lounge.

Maybe we need a beefy-type bouncer at the door to the lounge, so only "acceptable" behavior is tolerated. (Didn't we learn how to socialize way back in kindergarten?)

The other 5 you had the same people lined up waiting for the lounge to open so the cattle could pile in.

You keep getting yourself in deeper.

Access to the lounge is with your Sea Pass Card. Surely, you know that. Therefore, there is no need to "line up." I have never seen a line outside the door since everyone has a key!

I also note that, if there really was a line each night, you were right there, among all the "old folk," waiting to get in and get your multiple free drinks!

Access to the lounge is with your Sea Pass Card. Surely, you know that. Therefore, there is no need to "line up." I have never seen a line outside the door since everyone has a key!

I also note that, if there really was a line each night, you were right there, among all the "old folk," waiting to get in and get your multiple free drinks!

I was wondering about this as well. I have never seen a line at the door of ether the C or D lounge. Both open with the proper card. 5pm is when the cocktail hour starts, not the time that the lounge opens. I guess that it must be fun to pretend that you are in the "club"

Please tell me this is a joke? :)

No, IMO there are some on CC that put their 2 cents into almost every thread and as a result have super high post counts.

Perhaps we now have a chair hog issue in the CL. I think on my next RCCL cruise year, I am going to park myself in the CL at 4:45 to secure my seat. When the chair hogs show up, it will be priceless when they complain I'm sitting in "their" seat.

We are paying a considerable amount for our first cruise on Royal Caribbean and staying in a suite. Part of this high cost is for access to the concierge lounge and concierge services on Allure.

I fully understand a concierge must look after guests in suites as well as those of a certain loyalty reward level. I have no problem with that. I have no intention of announcing my position on the totem pole to anyone else, but I do expect the services I am paying for.

If I have any issues whatsoever I will deal with them first with the concierge and if not rectified I will speak to the Hotel Director. I do not anticipate any issues but after reading this thread I do have concerns about other guest behaviors limiting our ability to avail ourselves of services paid for.

Best-

Steve

No, IMO there are some on CC that put their 2 cents into almost every thread and as a result have super high post counts.

Perhaps we now have a chair hog issue in the CL. I think on my next RCCL cruise year, I am going to park myself in the CL at 4:45 to secure my seat. When the chair hogs show up, it will be priceless when they complain I'm sitting in "their" seat.

By all means, join the group you are being so derisive about -- chair hogs. Maybe you could make a chair hog badge and wear it on your lanyard. :rolleyes: Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

We are paying a considerable amount for our first cruise on Royal Caribbean and staying in a suite. Part of this high cost is for access to the concierge lounge and concierge services on Allure.

I fully understand a concierge must look after guests in suites as well as those of a certain loyalty reward level. I have no problem with that. I have no intention of announcing my position on the totem pole to anyone else, but I do expect the services I am paying for.

If I have any issues whatsoever I will deal with them first with the concierge and if not rectified I will speak to the Hotel Director. I do not anticipate any issues but after reading this thread I do have concerns about other guest behaviors limiting our ability to avail ourselves of services paid for.

Best-

Steve

We came home Monday, after two weeks on AL, and there were no seating issues in the CL. We did not go between 5-6pm, when it is typically most crowded, but both Concierges spent quality time with the guests, circulating each evening and being excellent hosts. (And the officers were also visible in the lounge, should you want to take any complaints to them.)

Please don't take all the rhetoric and hyperbole on CC too seriously. :)

I was wondering about this as well. I have never seen a line at the door of ether the C or D lounge. Both open with the proper card. 5pm is when the cocktail hour starts, not the time that the lounge opens. I guess that it must be fun to pretend that you are in the "club"

This past spring on Legend they moved the Diamond Club to Anchors Aweigh Lounge. This lounge has entrances on both Port and Starboard but closed off with a firedoor. For lounge access they used the Starboard door and kept the port door locked. We usually went round 5:45, and the lounge is quite large really, so no issues getting a seat.

One day we went at about 4:55 as we had an early dinner reservation. We saw a mass of people, at least 100, piled in front of the lounge door and elevator vestibules. Decided to just hang out on the steps and watch. 5:00PM...people banging on the door. 5:01PM, door starts sliding open and people pushing past the concierge before door fully opened. You'd think they were PAYING people to drink. It was an absolute stampede.

On all our sailings, Mariner, Freedom, and Allure when we visited the Concierge lounge some were crowded others not as bad.

If we had to wait for a drink, it was never to long.

If we had to wait for a seat, it eventually was there.

We enjoy the lounge and make the most of it...

We are usually there about one hour.

It is a nice perk,

Sea Ya