Money has disappeared...any suggestions?

moesyk4

We booked two cruises with RCCL...one for September 2015 and one for early 2016. The first was to be an anniversary cruise and the second a family cruise, but the way it worked out, we ended up moving the family cruise to November 2015 and cancelled the one for September 2015.

We had put the $500 deposit down about 4 months before we cancelled and had since cancelled the card. Our travel agent contacted RCCL and they said legally they had to return it to the card, who would then reject it, and we would then get a check from RCCL and the process would take about 6 weeks.

After 6 weeks, I called RCCL and they said they had sent the refund on October 2nd but it had never been rejected and sent back. So I called Chase and I had to file a dispute with them. A couple of weeks later, just got a letter in the mail stating they had sent the rejected credits back to RCCL on October 3rd...so back we go.

Our travel agency said since the cancellation went through on their end, they have nothing else they can do. I've talked to 3 different departments at RCCL and no one has a clue what is going on or where the money is. It's been over 2 months since we cancelled the cruise! Any suggestions? I've already literally spent over 7 hours on the phone just booking the family cruise because we are in a family stateroom and they had several computer glitches trying to book it during the Kids Sail Free promo, I'm tired of dealing with them over the phone!

I suggest writing a letter and sending it registered mail. Then you will have a record that you sent it and this will usually get the attention of a business office.

Phone calls are excellent for a simple matter. Many times one phone call will resolve a matter. You tried that and it did not work. If you want to try again--OK, but I would start my paper trail.

You might want to contact Chase again & speak with a supervisor. Even though you closed the account, there is a possibility the credit posted somewhere. If not, they may be able to provide some information and/or documentation that you can pass along to RCCL.

Good Luck............

We just cancelled a cruise in February. Our credit card had been compromised between the booking and the cancellation and weren't sure what would happen. We waited two weeks without a refund and called Royal, the first CSA we spoke with checked and saw the refund was rejected and asked us for a new card number. We gave him the number and the money was refunded within a week's time. Case closed. ;)