Upsell worth it?

twinkle toes

Hi everyone. I received an e-mail from princess regarding an "upsell" deal. We are currently booked in an aft facing balcony on the Grand in January. They are offering to upgrade to a mini-suite for $129 dollars per person. Does anyone think this is worth it? Thanks.

[quote name='twinkle toes']Hi everyone. I received an e-mail from princess regarding an "upsell" deal. We are currently booked in an aft facing balcony on the Grand in January. They are offering to upgrade to a mini-suite for $129 dollars per person. Does anyone think this is worth it? Thanks.[/quote]

What itinerary? Edited by Colo Cruiser

I assume you specifically chose your cabin for the view over the stern.
Now Princess wants it back most likely because they have someone they can resell it to at rack rate.
So they are asking [U]you[/U] to pay [U]them[/U] $18.50/pp/pd (assuming a seven-night cruise--you didn't specify) [I]and[/I] give up your preferred view just for a sofa and a glass of bad sparkling wine. Oh, and the .50 higher daily service charge...

While I love the aft facing balconies I would take the upsell. . The aft balconies are pretty small. I like the mini suite balconies including the uncovered ones on Dolphin deck I love the extra room in the cabin as well. I've done two dolphin deck minis and never found they were noisier. I guess I was fortunate as I never felt like anyone was paying any attention to me. Plus, I love evenings on dolphin minis. You have a wide open view of the night sky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by MichelleinOC

Sorry Michelle. We've sailed in aft balconies many, many times and they are MUCH larger than the minisuite balconies (unless you can snag the very last minisuite on Emerald deck ).
As others have said the aft balconies are private, quiet, about 9 x 9 and the sound and view of the wake are wonderful!
Most mini suite balconies are on Dolphin deck. They are uncovered (meaning everyone from the top of the ship down can see your balcony and if it rains you can't use it), about 9 x 7 and nothing special.
Unless you need that couch, bathtub or second TV there is no point in switching.