P&O Cancelling speciality reservations

hooked cruiser

I have just received a telephone call from P&O customer services informing me that my reservation I made for the East Restaurant on a forthcoming cruise has been cancelled as it is overbooked.

On explaining that I made this reservation 3 months ago (and paid for it) it was unacceptable that they cancel it with less than 2 weeks notice. (It is also our anniversary hence the reservation in the first place.)

I am now awaiting a further call after I stated that this was not acceptable and they are now making further enquiries ????

I have just received a telephone call from P&O customer services informing me that my reservation I made for the East Restaurant on a forthcoming cruise has been cancelled as it is overbooked.

On explaining that I made this reservation 3 months ago (and paid for it) it was unacceptable that they cancel it with less than 2 weeks notice. (It is also our anniversary hence the reservation in the first place.)

I am now awaiting a further call after I stated that this was not acceptable and they are now making further enquiries ????[/quote

Either you will retain East or be offered White's at no extra charge;)

I stated that this was not acceptable

Very disapointing for you and your partner.

You stated to them that it was "Not Acceptable" but what will they do about it. Soon you will find out, and please let us know.

Sometimes "Not Acceptable" is acceptable to a big company, as in general People are unlikely to do anything further about it.

I hope you get sorted, and you two lassies have some fun.

I did make mention of the fact that when I made the reservation that the computer stated there was availability. Whites was fully booked and is the reason we went for East. They did say that we could attend another function (Buffet) at no extra cost but this is not what we booked for. looking forward to a return telephone call soon.

I did make mention of the fact that when I made the reservation that the computer stated there was availability. Whites was fully booked and is the reason we went for East. They did say that we could attend another function (Buffet) at no extra cost but this is not what we booked for. looking forward to a return telephone call soon.

I take it this was for Christmas or New Year. Never known them to be full for an ordinary cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The speciality restaurants never look full to capacity to the bystander or person just wandering past the restaurant but in our experience of using East, White Room, XV11 and Sindhu they never allocate all the tables for some reason. I suppose it is so they can give that extra service because we have been told a few times by wiaters that the restaurants are full but with staggered times there will always what appears to be empty tables.

Just had a call from Customer services and came to an agreed resolution.

It would appear that the East restaurant is not open in the normal format on New Years Eve but the on-line booking system was not changed to reflect this.

Subsequently there is to be a 6 course taster meal with canopies, cocktails and wine for one night only with all guests assembling at 7-pm.

This is being sold at a higher price than that paid by myself but the company are honouring our price. We have accepted and are now looking forward to a great evening.:):):):):)

It would appear that the East restaurant is not open in the normal format on New Years Eve but the on-line booking system was not changed to reflect this.

Subsequently there is to be a 6 course taster meal with canopies, cocktails and wine for one night only with all guests assembling at 7-pm.

This is being sold at a higher price than that paid by myself but the company are honouring our price. We have accepted and are now looking forward to a great evening.:):):):):)

This sounds wonderful - the room may spin:D

Now that sounds like a result.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The person I spoke too today informed me that the previous caller had got her facts wrong and apologised for this. It was in my opinion not deliberate and all is well in the end.

May I take this opportunity to thank everybody who has contributed to this thread for their support and good wishes.

Now we can have a great anniversary.:):)

The person I spoke too today informed me that the previous caller had got her facts wrong and apologised for this. It was in my opinion not deliberate and all is well in the end.

May I take this opportunity to thank everybody who has contributed to this thread for their support and good wishes.

Now we can have a great anniversary.:):)

I have heard that excuse many times since 2000 since I started sailing with P&O. I have said that they are like two different companies excellent when you are onboard but very poor customer service at Southampton.

That's brilliant - have a great time :)