Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

Cost is a huge factor for us as well. I've been monitoring NCL which already has their 12 day itinerary out. I realize theirs is an old ship but that and Celebrity are all that I have to go on and I hope they aren't at Celebrity pricing!

NCL does have very competitive pricing, but IMO their food is awful and you wind up spending the savings in the "pay extra" restaurants. On a port intensive cruise for me the ship is nothing more than my floating hotel so as long as the cabin is comfortable and the food is good I am a happy camper.

Well I am disappointed the PVP lips didn't say the word Istanbul:;)

Joking aside, Mr Heald himself has been leaking info to us for the past week, plus we have found stuff ourselves. I hope the poor PVP doesn't loose his or her job.

As for pricing, for a balcony on the longer sailing I think it was 11 nights cruise on the Sunshine that included Greece,( Heald has shown 3 pictures of this port;) for three adults, I paid around £3000 at the time the exchange rate $1.52 so that's around $4600 it may have been slightly less, but I got the lowest rate going, I know this because I monitored those rates every day, sometimes twice a day. The rates fell to their lowest in March 2013, for my 28/07/13 sailing. My cruise fare started higher than that, but I got a price drop of around £700.00 Stirling. I booked 10 months in advance. That year there were large price drops for two reasons I felt firstly, there was the ship that was left adrift off Mexico and secondly the Sunshine had lots of issues, the first cruise was cancelled for starters. Then there were the buckets collecting drips all over the ships on the early sailings, which made the prices on the transatlantic really drop. My friend was offered one of those cabins for €350.

Just found this pricing for the Sunshine Med sailing in my notes.

Carnival.com prices. Dollar rate used 1.55

Ocean view.2111 forward $4744. £3060

Inside 4214 cabin. $4164. £2686

Balcony. Price Sept 12 $5346 dec 12

$5374 march 13 easy saver rate

£5234. Spring to save $5074, $4874. Friends 4634 (3947 before tax) 13/04/13 $5024

Friends 31/03, 4764, 01/04/13, 4824. 12/04/13 5054

02/04/13 4824

premium vista 5604

06/04/13 8c 4824

I will have a look at the Survey I was sent as tentative pricing was shown on those.

£5234. Spring to save $5074, $4874. Friends 4634 (3947 before tax) 13/04/13 $5024

02/04/13 4824

premium vista 5604

06/04/13 8c 4824

I will have a look at the Survey I was sent as tentative pricing was shown on those.

I am hoping that is double occupancy.

This is the info I received in the survey, so these routes and pricing may or may not happen.

Sorry only one photo posted.

Here is the other info from the photos

9 night med normal ports from BCN £945

10 nights £1050 Italy Greece, Turkey from BCN

12 nights from BCN Italy Greece, Turkey £1260

image.jpg.de864e7efa2dd8172987b7adeaba97ac.jpg

Edited by heatherbelle

Well I am disappointed the PVP lips didn't say the word Istanbul:;)

Joking aside, Mr Heald himself has been leaking info to us for the past week, plus we have found stuff ourselves. I hope the poor PVP doesn't loose his or her job.

There is a difference between posting images of places Carnival ships have called at in the past and leaking sensitive internal information. There is a certain degree of confidentiality one must agree to when becoming a company representative. The PVP knows this and Carnival will reprimand accordingly. The last leak involved a PVP being terminated.

Not everyone is a member of cruise critic.

Of course, but word gets around extremely fast on social media and should the information be posted in certain communities, it will garner attention and make its way to those who work for Carnival that will request action.

In the end, leaking sensitive details, such as itineraries, may not be worth it.

Edited by Pixelate

NCL offers a 12 day Grand Med in May of 2016 starting at $1669 with the following ports:

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Venice (Italy); Athens (Piraeus) (Greece); Ephesus (Kusadasi) (Turkey); Istanbul (Turkey); Mykonos (Greece); Naples (Italy); Rome (Civitavecchia) (Italy); Florence/Pisa (Livorno) (Italy); Provence (Toulon) (France); DISEMBARK Barcelona (Spain).

I would assume CCL would try to stay competitive and be somewhere in that neighborhood.

Yes, we can do in Inside quad for $5800 (incls tax, port fees, no grats) or a very tiny OV for $6300. NCL doesn't have balconies for 4 on the Spirit so no comparison but those prices are looking very high. I've also read that they are releasing a kids sail free (or 3-8 passenger free) on Feb 1 so that may adjust it down a bit.

02/04/13 4824

premium vista 5604

06/04/13 8c 4824

We looked at August sailings for the Sunshine and in April 2013 the prices were £1000ish ($1400) for insides and £1200 ($1700) for ocean views. I cant remember if this dropped even more as we booked the Legend Baltics instead ( for £800 ($1100).

The UK also had that advert around that time where they advertised Med 9 day sailings starting at £599 ($800) per person. This one (It is actually responsible for us discovering Carnival):

Who knows if it will pay to wait. I never book early as I change my mind to often. ;)

Edited by Velvetwater

There is a difference between posting images of places Carnival ships have called at in the past and leaking sensitive internal information. There is a certain degree of confidentiality one must agree to when becoming a company representative. The PVP knows this and Carnival will reprimand accordingly. The last leak involved a PVP being terminated.

I really think you really need to relax a bit, you seem to be getting very worked up about PVPs releasing information that may or may not even be true, seeing as you continue to post about it. Not sure why you think it is yours or anybody else's responsibility on Cruise Critic to "report" a PVP to the company on this basis and potentially cost that individual their job. Are you a Carnival employee or something?

That's just my $.02. I'm sure you will vigorously disagree for whatever reason, but you haven't been around CC very long. "Leaks" like this happen all time time and across all different cruise brands, and half the time the info is inaccurate.

I really think you really need to relax a bit, you seem to be getting very worked up about PVPs releasing information that may or may not even be true, seeing as you continue to post about it. Not sure why you think it is yours or anybody else's responsibility on Cruise Critic to "report" a PVP to the company on this basis and potentially cost that individual their job. Are you a Carnival employee or something?

That's just my $.02. I'm sure you will vigorously disagree for whatever reason, but you haven't been around CC very long. "Leaks" like this happen all time time and across all different cruise brands, and half the time the info is inaccurate.

And when they are accurate, they become terminated from the company. Maybe you need to research the events of the VIFP Club being leaked in May 2012.

Not sure why you think it is yours or anybody else's responsibility on Cruise Critic to "report" a PVP to the company on this basis and potentially cost that individual their job. Are you a Carnival employee or something?

Pixelate is just taking a page out his hero's, Out to Sea, book.

.. but you haven't been around CC very long. ".

Has been around along time, Pixelate is just a reincarnated user name as the last one crashed and burned. Pixelate will lose a few too many pixels soon and become born again as someone else.

Pixelate is just taking a page out his hero's, Out to Sea, book.

Has been around along time, Pixelate is just a reincarnated user name as the last one crashed and burned. Pixelate will lose a few too many pixels soon and become born again as someone else.

That explains a lot, thank you for filling me in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app