Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

Thank you as I had seen it before and was clueless

You are not alone, I had never heard of them before I found them on Kayak either. I was a little nervous at first, but it really worked out well and their customer service was fantastic. We did not have any negatives related to the airline and saving $400/pp when traveling as a party of 4 went a long way!

Another option for flights is to get to the UK, either Gatwick, or LHR and then look for one of our cheap airlines for flights to BCN, so you could spend a few days in London prior if you wanted to. If doing that I recommend flying into LHR. Our cheap airlines are Easyjet, Ryan air, jet2. Just bear in mind the luggage allowance and to add cost of luggage on when looking at the price. I believe KLM offer a free stop over too in Paris, but again check things may have changed.

It's also reasonable sometimes to try Norweigan airlines who fly out of FFL to Gatwick or Oslo.

Iberia fly from NY, Chicago and Miami to Madrid too and also have their own cheap carrier called Vueling for short hops in Spain.

Another option for flights is to get to the UK, either Gatwick, or LHR and then look for one of our cheap airlines for flights to BCN, so you could spend a few days in London prior if you wanted to. If doing that I recommend flying into LHR. Our cheap airlines are Easyjet, Ryan air, jet2. Just bear in mind the luggage allowance and to add cost of luggage on when looking at the price. I believe KLM offer a free stop over too in Paris, but again check things may have changed.

It's also reasonable sometimes to try Norweigan airlines who fly out of FFL to Gatwick or Oslo.

Iberia fly from NY, Chicago and Miami to Madrid too and also have their own cheap carrier called Vueling for short hops in Spain.

Thank you that's very helpful. Sounds like there are a lot of choices to consider. Now all we need is the itinerary. The 22nd can't come fast enough for me. Only problem is we will be on the Breeze in San Juan that day.

Thank you that's very helpful. Sounds like there are a lot of choices to consider. Now all we need is the itinerary. The 22nd can't come fast enough for me. Only problem is we will be on the Breeze in San Juan that day.

I am sure you can get the information from the CD. Then you can book onboard for OBC! I would love to do that but we don't have a cruise until end of May. I don't think I want to chance the initial rates rising just for the $200 bucks.

Well I will get the vouchers but not sure if I am allowed to mention that on here. I would be happy to give them to someone that can use them.

I asked John Heald on Facebook and he mentioned that he was going to have the CD's announce the Vista info.

We plan on getting the internet just so we can keep up with the Vista announcements.

Edited by belkin

Well I will get the vouchers but not sure if I am allowed to mention that on here. I would be happy to give them to someone that can use them.

I asked John Heald on Facebook and he mentioned that he was going to have the CD's announce the Vista info.

We plan on getting the internet just so we can keep up with the Vista announcements.

They discontinued the future cruise vouchers. I would have got one on my last cruise in anticipation of this if they were still around.

They discontinued the future cruise vouchers. I would have got one on my last cruise in anticipation of this if they were still around.

I am not talking about the future cruise vouchers, I was meaning the Family and Friends vouchers. You get 2 of them for each cruise you book on board. The people you give them to get the OBC too but they have to book the same sailing as you within 60 days.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. I do miss the FCC though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Me too! I just used my last one on the Freedom and had to actually call and get my money back on one. Grrrh!

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2015/01/09/news/grandi_navi_alla_giudecca_tar_veneto_annulla_divieto-104607847/?ref=HREC1-8

What does this mean for Vista? Wonder if they were holding their breaths so they could plan last minute for Venice or if they went ahead without it.

Edited by trvlgirlmq

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2015/01/09/news/grandi_navi_alla_giudecca_tar_veneto_annulla_divieto-104607847/?ref=HREC1-8

What does this mean for Vista? Wonder if they were holding their breaths so they could plan last minute for Venice or if they went ahead without it.

it would mean that vista would be unable to call in venice.

i assume they were not planning on venice, as its viability has been in question, and as noted in the article, the item still remains in appeals / decisions pending among the relative entities setting the regulations.

it would mean that vista would be unable to call in venice.

i assume they were not planning on venice, as its viability has been in question, and as noted in the article, the item still remains in appeals / decisions pending among the relative entities setting the regulations.

Since I can't read the article (I do remember when it came out - the news about large ships in Venice canal). Does anyone know other cruise line schedules for Venice (large ships)?

Since I can't read the article (I do remember when it came out - the news about large ships in Venice canal). Does anyone know other cruise line schedules for Venice (large ships)?

if you use google chrome, click on the translate button (an A in a box next to the bookmark star) in the url field. this is the translated introduction:

THE Tar Veneto set aside the order in which the Port of Venice had arranged the limitation of transit through the Giudecca Canal and the San Marco canal of large cruise ship: the prohibition provided for 2014 a stop to passenger ships gross tonnage exceeding 40.0000 GT, and for 2015 of passenger ships with a gross tonnage of more than 96,000 GT.

i do not offhand know other cruise line schedules for venice.

if you use google chrome, click on the translate button (an A in a box next to the bookmark star) in the url field. this is the translated introduction:

i do not offhand know other cruise line schedules for venice.

That is pretty cool. Thanks.

Glad I have a little weekend trip planned for next weekend. It will distract me and make the waiting easier! :p

My guess is alternating 7 and 12 or 14 day itineraries out of Rome. We shall see.....

As far as Venice goes, perhaps Bari would be an alternative? I don't know much about Bari, but I do see it on a lot of other line's itineraries as a port.

I agree about the alternating 7/7/14 from Rome! The anticipation is killing me. I've taken to looking at Norwegian and Celebrity websites since they already have bookings open.

The suspense will end in two weeks time.

Most of the big boys have ships out of Venice, RCL, MSC, Costa, Celebrity and Princess.

None of them are not their newest largest ships. I think the cruise lines have taken the view of not to put their big ships into Venice due to the ongoing uncertainty.

Glad I have a little weekend trip planned for next weekend. It will distract me and make the waiting easier! :p

My guess is alternating 7 and 12 or 14 day itineraries out of Rome. We shall see.....

As far as Venice goes, perhaps Bari would be an alternative? I don't know much about Bari, but I do see it on a lot of other line's itineraries as a port.

Lucky you - I'm knitting socks to keep me occupied until the 22nd:eek:

I have just thought about Greece and Turkey ports as Carnival called there on the Sunshine. If Rome and Dubrovnik are confirmed then a ship would sail very near these ports and have enough time to visit them as well. Ports such as Kusadasi and Pireus which they did before.

I was also wondering if Vista might call at other close by ports such as Split and Kotor.

I would check but my laptop is being annoying. :)

I have checked Athens but they only have the schedule through 2015 posted. I can't find calendars on the Turkish ports website but if you can let us all know.

Kusadasi (Ephesus) also just goes up to early 2016

I cant remember whats been checked already but I also checked various other ports such as Trieste,Genoa, various greek ports such as Santorini and Katakolon, Livorno,Istanbul,Toulon, Naples which dont go far enough either but could be there eventually.

Edited by Velvetwater

Kusadasi (Ephesus) also just goes up to early 2016

I cant remember whats been checked already but I also checked various other ports such as Trieste,Genoa, various greek ports such as Santorini and Katakolon, Livorno,Istanbul,Toulon, Naples which dont go far enough either but could be there eventually.

Ports I have checked are Livorno, La Spezia, Messina, Naples, Monaco, Barcelona all without 2016 posted. I checked Palma de Mallorca because I think they have called there before but nothing listed for Vista. John posted a picture of Monaco which kind of leads me to believe that will be the Riviera port and not one in actual France but I have been checking Cannes, Nice and Villefranche but again Vista is not listed for 2016. I tried Marseille as well but can't find the calendar.

We shall know all in less than 2 weeks.