Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

Malta checked too http://www.vallettawaterfront.com/ScheduleDetail.aspx?id=96942&month=12&year=2015&t=c

A big fat zero, it also seems to go to Dec 15.

What about Sicillian ports anyone have a link for those?

Velvetwater, could you post the link for Istanbul please as I can't find that one and I would like to add it to my favourites? For future searches.:D

Malta checked too http://www.vallettawaterfront.com/ScheduleDetail.aspx?id=96942&month=12&year=2015&t=c

A big fat zero, it also seems to go to Dec 15.

What about Sicillian ports anyone have a link for those?

Velvetwater, could you post the link for Istanbul please as I can't find that one and I would like to add it to my favourites? For future searches.:D

I have a ports folder too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ill get onto that...its on the office computer in the links somewhere. :)

Has anyone thought about Baltic ports too?

I mean, its not likely they will have 2 ships here again but you never know.

The Legend went to Bruges, Amsterdam, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn and Copenhagen.

Ill get onto that...its on the office computer in the links somewhere. :)

Has anyone thought about Baltic ports too?

I mean, its not likely they will have 2 ships here again but you never know.

The Legend went to Bruges, Amsterdam, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn and Copenhagen.

I think with the dates it is listed in Rome there is no way it could get to Northern Europe and back for it's next Rome date. I would love to do a Baltic cruise someday but have to psych myself up for a not so warm and toasty vacation.

I think with the dates it is listed in Rome there is no way it could get to Northern Europe and back for it's next Rome date. I would love to do a Baltic cruise someday but have to psych myself up for a not so warm and toasty vacation.

Based upon the information listed here, I doubt northern Europe is in the play. The only way it might be is a transatlantic when she comes over to her home (in Galveston probably and maybe New Orleans). All will be put to rest the weekend of the 22nd.

Based upon the information listed here, I doubt northern Europe is in the play. The only way it might be is a transatlantic when she comes over to her home (in Galveston probably and maybe New Orleans). All will be put to rest the weekend of the 22nd.

i'd bet on galveston over new orleans any day.

I didnt mean the Vista going to Northern Europe I meant if Carnival decide to do the 2 ships in Europe again (since they have new ship there already).In 2013 they really tried to get lots of Europe things going by having the new Sunshine revamp sailing the more popular Med route and The Legend doing a mix then all the Northern Europe routes.Its not likely though with sales from that year but you never know.

Also, the Baltic itinerary in the summer is actually ok weather wise...we had some temps in Russia where people were in hotpants and skinny vests etc.

If the TA is going to Gibraltar its unlikely to be in Northern after that as most TAs concentrate on parts of Spain before going to the US.

Edited by Velvetwater

Not there was not enough items up in the air, but according to Seatrade Insider today, a tribunal lifted the ban on ships over 96,000 tons from entering the grand canal in Venice. This would allow the Vista to go to Venice (which would be a highlight of a med cruise). Let the discussion continue............

Edited by jimbo5544

Not there was not enough items up in the air, but according to Seatrade Insider today, a tribunal lifted the ban on ships over 96,000 tons from entering the grand canal in Venice. This would allow the Vista to go to Venice (which would be a highlight of a med cruise). Let the discussion continue............

I posted the original article in post #110 and was promptly poo-pooed.

I never kept up to date with the Venice thing, but it would be a great port!

Any ship you take through the Canal or into the harbour in Venice is gorgeous. We toured Italy for our honeymoon and I'll never forget the approach in our little yacht boat...simply amazing.

Never been but I am willing to bet Dubrovnik is a pretty amazing sight from the sea. We were going to go there with a different line this year but now I might wait for the Vista.

Edited by Velvetwater

Mr Heald has just posted a picture of Venice, maybe the beards are stalking this thread?

Just saw that. He also replied to a comment that IF they went to Venice they would go the long way around to the port and not up the Grand Canal. The possibilities are expanding.

My dream Med itinerary is one that involves Croatia, Greece,Slovenia and Montenegro as they are the only places I haven't visited on an Eastern Med Itinerary (Done most other Med places).

Those last 2 doesn't seem in Carnival's sights though.

I wonder if Carnival might leave Turkey ports off due to events in Syria? It seems there are less upcoming cruises with Turkey.

My dream Med itinerary is one that involves Croatia, Greece,Slovenia and Montenegro as they are the only places I haven't visited on an Eastern Med Itinerary (Done most other Med places).

Those last 2 doesn't seem in Carnival's sights though.

I wonder if Carnival might leave Turkey ports off due to events in Syria? It seems there are less upcoming cruises with Turkey.

Istanbul was on the survey I received, so I am hoping. Saying that Americans in the main could be nervous about Turkey with being near to Iraq and Syria, so potential sales could be a factor against going there. MSC, Celeb and NCL currently sail there plus the more expensive exclusive lines. Turkey is a fantastic place I love it and I have always wanted to go to Istanbul and sail in on a ship. I too fancy Montenegro, I think Terry from Ohio (Celeb boards) has been there I seem to remember seeing some photos.

Thanks guys for doing so much work with this, I really like reading about all of your ideas! My dream ports are at least Naples, Athens, and one greek Isle! A start in Rome would be nice (cheapest flights), and Venice and Dubrovnik sound nice (especially how you people are talking about it!) I would prefer not to go to Turkey as I have already been, but I'd put up with it I guess! :) 9 days! (12 days and I'm on the Breeze!)

I liked Turkey as well Heather but I am not rushing to go back when theres certain ports nearby. Until I discovered this board I was looking at Med itineraries for this year and there really seems to be less Turkey stops (Even with Costa) and I really hope it stays as a cruise port...especially Kusadasi being the Ephesus stop.

People probably caught it on the NY thread but it hints at Carnival debuting in NY. Now this could be one cruise or several. But it definitely indicates that the TA will end in NY which is pretty sweet.