Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

I would like to visit Ephesus because we are interested in ancient sites but I am unsure about Istanbul. Some is safety because we are Jewish and visiting an increasingly fundamentalist Islamic country is not high on my list. If we were to stop there then I am not sure if I would spend the extra money on a guided tour for the whole safety in numbers thing. I am a total DIY girl so that would not be fun. We shall see what happens though.

I would like to visit Ephesus because we are interested in ancient sites but I am unsure about Istanbul. Some is safety because we are Jewish and visiting an increasingly fundamentalist Islamic country is not high on my list. If we were to stop there then I am not sure if I would spend the extra money on a guided tour for the whole safety in numbers thing. I am a total DIY girl so that would not be fun. We shall see what happens though.

Same here we are very safety conscious. I would love to visit Ephesus as well and usually book our own tours. Will have to wait and see what happens with this itinerary.

Another option may to be book with other from the roll call.

Guys Turkey is a very safe country for tourists in the main tourists areas.

I have been visiting since the early 90's just before the first Iraq war and it was very safe and continues to be very safe now. Turkish people are very westernised in the main resort areas, most whom tourists come into contact with speak many languages including English and German. I have been over 7 times mainly towards the South Alyanya, Bodrum, Marmaris and in 2013 Izmir on the Sunshine, where we haggled with a taxi driver and walked the Grand Bazzar on our own as a family.

I can remember sat on the beach just after the Brits had bombed Iraq and war planes flying over the beach and saying to my Mum we were sat on the edge of a war zone. That year Turkey was badly hit by a lack of tourism, but I went twice, the Germans stayed at home, so the resort was empty.

I too am a DIY girl, but if we go to Istanbul I will be arranging a tour because it's the only way I think I can get to do it all, unless we get an overnight stop. Although my two won't want to go to the Mosques, but tough they are going if the ship goes there:D. Ekol tours look promising minus the carpet tour, gosh I have done a number of those over the years. A key phrase in Turkey is Para Yok no money works a treat;)

Edited by heatherbelle

I think all the other ports we are checking will not be posting 2016 quite this early. We'll just have to keep biting our nails waiting for the 22nd :eek:

I can't book until the 29th of January anyway but at least we will have time to go over all our options.

I think all the other ports we are checking will not be posting 2016 quite this early. We'll just have to keep biting our nails waiting for the 22nd :eek:

I can't book until the 29th of January anyway but at least we will have time to go over all our options.

:D I will be studying those deck plans too, trying to work out which cabin I am having. I wonder if there will be any rooms for three on the corner aft, or ones with floor to ceiling glass at the front like on the Valor for three.

it doesn't help that John keeps mentioning he's seen pictures of the new ship. The ship yard have posted a picture of a drawing of the Vista with -7 on it. A week to go. What time is the press release out?

:D I will be studying those deck plans too, trying to work out which cabin I am having. I wonder if there will be any rooms for three on the corner aft, or ones with floor to ceiling glass at the front like on the Valor for three.

it doesn't help that John keeps mentioning he's seen pictures of the new ship. The ship yard have posted a picture of a drawing of the Vista with -7 on it. A week to go. What time is the press release out?

I don't know what time the media event will be but I will be sitting at my desk not working just refreshing FB and CC!

I also want to check deck plans and cabin types. There will be 4 of us and depending on pricing we will probably try for an OV. I think a balcony will be out of reach financially and I don't think I can do an Inside especially for over a week.

I will definitely be doing the TA, and possibly a couple prior, depending on itinerary. This gives me plenty of time to save up air miles, and hopefully do a first class flight over to Europe.

It would be nice if they had cabins similar to the Spirit class 4K's. I travel solo, and I doubt I would do a balcony. I don't really mind inside cabins, and since I will probably be doing multiple legs, that might be the best bargain for me.

I don't know what time the media event will be but I will be sitting at my desk not working just refreshing FB and CC!

I also want to check deck plans and cabin types. There will be 4 of us and depending on pricing we will probably try for an OV. I think a balcony will be out of reach financially and I don't think I can do an Inside especially for over a week.

5 to 7:30

I am currently on the Breeze. Was talking to someone (Carnival employee) on the ship last night who said the Vista will be stopping at Malta. He was very excited and pulled out a map and was showing me.

Malta works for me, last time I went there was in 1976. Didn't he/she show you any other maps? Your mission is to find them again and find out all of the ports that the Vista will stop at before Thursday;)

John has posted another picture today, it looks like Athens or Izmir, probably Athens, but he's already posted a couple of Athens before.

Malta works for me, last time I went there was in 1976. Didn't he/she show you any other maps? Your mission is to find them again and find out all of the ports that the Vista will stop at before Thursday;)

John has posted another picture today, it looks like Athens or Izmir, probably Athens, but he's already posted a couple of Athens before.

I know right where he is at because he is behind a desk. He did not seem to know about any other ports. I told him about Rome, Dubrovnik and the Port of Gibraltar after he told me the Vista was going to Malta. He wanted to know all about how I came by the info.

He was very excited. Maybe he is from Malta, I will have to ask him. I told him I would be back to see him on the 22nd after we get back from San Juan.

My PVP called to tell me the Vista will sail the western med alternating with one that includes Greek Islands. Then on October doing a 13 day transatlantic. Not sure if this is accurate but this is what he said. I am booking soon no matter where it goes as I have yet to sail in Europe.

My PVP called to tell me the Vista will sail the western med alternating with one that includes Greek Islands. Then on October doing a 13 day transatlantic. Not sure if this is accurate but this is what he said. I am booking soon no matter where it goes as I have yet to sail in Europe.

You may want to tell the director of PVPs that your PVP is breaking company policy. Last time a PVP leaked out information regarding the PVP program, said PVP was terminated from Carnival Cruise Line.

You may want to tell the director of PVPs that your PVP is breaking company policy. Last time a PVP leaked out information regarding the PVP program, said PVP was terminated from Carnival Cruise Line.

I think the better thing to do would be to warn the PVP not to release this type of information lest the wrong type of person will squeal and cause them to lose their job. But hey that's just me. ;)

I think the better thing to do would be to warn the PVP not to release this type of information lest the wrong type of person will squeal and cause them to lose their job. But hey that's just me. ;)

No worries, I'm sure someone will ask JH about this shortly and the PVP will eventually be caught... just like past events have shown us. One thing is to leak it, but another thing is to allow the leak to be publicized.

Last time Carnival launched a new ship, I wasn't a member of this board. But do they generally do any shifting of other ships around the same time? Wondering if they might relocate the Breeze regardless of where Vista homeports once in the states.

Not as much as other cruise lines do. The only shifting I think that would happen is where the Vista will eventually land as a permanent home port.

Really not much of a secret any longer.

We will all know soon enough, what is it - 24 more hours? I am just interested in the itinerary and the cost :cool: I haven't forgotten the CEO's comment about how "low cost cruising is over" so it will be interesting to see how the Vista's costs stack up against the other lines.

We will all know soon enough, what is it - 24 more hours? I am just interested in the itinerary and the cost :cool: I haven't forgotten the CEO's comment about how "low cost cruising is over" so it will be interesting to see how the Vista's costs stack up against the other lines.

It will be based on yield management. The market will decide the price. The Carnival Sunshine Med cruises were dirt cheap.