Onboard Credit

travelguy2009

I have a cruise booked with an online travel agency for Jan 18, 2015. The package came with onboard credit. Shouldn't this be listed in my Edocs? or is it too early for it to show up? We said in 46 days, YAY.

Not necessarily the case. Any OBC that was offered by NCL would show on your personal "My NCL" page. Anything provided by the TA will not show. It should on your account after boarding. Most get an amenity confirmation from the TA in case of any misunderstanding once on board.

I have 2 cruise booked with NCL. The first one this coming January 18th with $450 obc all provided by NCL. The entire amount is reflected in My NCL. The second cruise a year later I booked with a TA with $475 obc. $300 from NCL and $175 from the agency. Only the $300 from NCL shows up on line.

As far as your question regarding it being reflected on your e-docs? No, it does not show up on your paperwork....I just checked mine to confirm. :D

I have a cruise booked with an online travel agency for Jan 18, 2015. The package came with onboard credit. Shouldn't this be listed in my Edocs? or is it too early for it to show up? We said in 46 days, YAY.

When I booked with an online TA who gave me OBC, it did not appear in my eDocs, but it *did* appear in the invoice email my TA sent. It successfully appeared on my cabin TV and I was able to use it.

Some TAs like to wait until right before your cruise to arrange the promotional OBC. So you might ask yours how they do things; no point asking for the amenities confirmation if there's nothing to confirm yet. But if you have any other written confirmation from the TA, bring that with you, and you should be fine. If the credit does not show up by the second day of your cruise, the front desk will help you sort it out.

Obc from ta shows up as gifts, like any other bon voyage gift once the ta actually purchased the obc. Makes sense they don't want to purchase the obc until you are in 100% penalty or they know you're definitely sailing. Shows up under booked items in myncl if any was purchased.

You need to ask your TA to send you an invoice.

The OBC that comes from sources other than NCL will not show in your MyNCL or E-docs.

It is also typical that OBC does not "show up" once on board until the 2nd day. Another reason that it is good to have that invoice.

Edited by IWORK2CRUISE

We have received the TA OBC on board confirmation as little cards with our various letters and information that are usually on the bed or desk in the cabin. Usually it has just shown up on our account. One time we had to sign (I think) the cards and take them to the customer service desk. No time has TA OBC or other gifts from the TA shown up on our Edocs. But it's always on the invoice. Doesn't hurt to check out that you have everything before you leave port so if you have to make a call to your TA to get something straigtened out you can.

I know my online agent well as we always book thru him

I always call a few weeks prior to any cruise just to reconfirm that his Obc will show up with Ncl Obc

He knows me and expects me to call him about this

Of course he always has it already taken care of anyway!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not just here, but probably TAs and NCL get 50,000 calls per day about this. You would think they might want to come up with a more transparent system for customers to consult all of their booking details on-line, without bothering anyone.

Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for taking time to respond. I do have the OBC listed on my invoice and yes, it will be going with me just in case :o:) Everyone have a great day.

Is the invoice and OBC from your TA? If so, NCL won't care what the TA invoice shows. You will have to take it up with the TA if it doesn't show.

Note that our TA OBC has always shown up; we have never had to call anyone to get it. Also, the OBC usually shows up on the tv account the SECOND day of the cruise. There is usually a small tri-fold card in our cabin when we board that shows our TA OBC.

Edited by mizlorinj

Just make sure that all your documents be they EDocs or something else are

printed and available before sailing.

Once the ship reaches the flat edge of the earth or disappears over the

equator all bets are the paperwork the ship has will go to the Great Void ! LOL !

Paperwork - can't live with it and can't live without it !