gratuities + shots prices ?

falados99

Are you serious it's gonna be more expensive to drink and have fun SERIOUSLY that spoils the fun out of cruising man grrr great not happy now thanks RCI

I can't believe $0.24 on an $8 drink is going to "seriously" spoil your fun. Besides, the crew works very hard to earn that $0.24. If you're going to drink enough for $0.24 to make a difference buy the drink package. That's what we do. And we give gratuities to bar staff over and above what is included in the drink package. Maybe that's why we always get exceptional service!

I can't believe $0.24 on an $8 drink is going to "seriously" spoil your fun. Besides, the crew works very hard to earn that $0.24. If you're going to drink enough for $0.24 to make a difference buy the drink package. That's what we do. And we give gratuities to bar staff over and above what is included in the drink package. Maybe that's why we always get exceptional service!

Yes, pouring a shot into a glass sounds very labor intensive.

Are you serious it's gonna be more expensive to drink and have fun SERIOUSLY that spoils the fun out of cruising man grrr great not happy now thanks RCI

More expensive than what? The gratuities are actually 15%. If that's too much for you, perhaps you should consider a different type of vacation.

Where does the $.24 come from? Math please:D

Shots, 1 1/2 ounces, range between $7.75 and up to $45, depending on what you get. I would say the average for most medium range is $8. Gratuities are 18%. You can do the math from there.

Pennie

Is that a typo? Grats on bar bills are 15% - not 18% and automatically added

Yes, pouring a shot into a glass sounds very labor intensive.

Unfortunately, they don't just pour shots nor does a customer just order shots. Besides, who do you think preps the bar, cuts the fruits, washes the classes, stocked the bar, etc? Oh, and don't forget they have to deal surly, demanding passengers.

Unfortunately, they don't just pour shots nor does a customer just order shots. Besides, who do you think preps the bar, cuts the fruits, washes the classes, stocked the bar, etc? Oh, and don't forget they have to deal surly, demanding passengers.

Well said!

And that would be why they need to add the gratuity on for you...

Not for nothing, but if you plan on pounding shots you should consider the drink package. For the price of a couple of beers and a few shots per day, you could purchase the drink package and drink all you want.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Then give them 18%, however don't ask others too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't asked others to. Please show me where I have. I admitted I wasn't sure if it was 15 or 18 and stated my opinion that they deserved 18. I never asked anyone else to give 18. I'm just glad RCI requires the 15%, otherwise most would give very little or nothing