Celebrity Equinox Questions...

luv2cruisenow

I am sailing on the Equinox next week (12/12/2014) and have a few questions...

1. I can't seem to locate who the current Cruise Director is. Can anyone help me?

2. What internet packages are currently being offered? Is there an unlimited option?

3. I am an Aquaclass passanger. Can I still eat I the MDR?

Any help with the above questions would be appreciated!

Edited by luv2cruisenow
typos

Coordinate with the Maitre D in Blu who can make MDR arrangements for you.

You can see all the details of the Internet packages on the Celebrity website, there may also be a small discount if you buy a package on the first day on board. They don't do that all the time, but its nice when they do

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but we will also be on this cruise. Does anyone know if they have a sushi buffet in late afternoon like they do on the M class ships? Will make a difference when booking specialty restaurants. Thanks for any info. Kathryn

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but we will also be on this cruise. Does anyone know if they have a sushi buffet in late afternoon like they do on the M class ships? Will make a difference when booking specialty restaurants. Thanks for any info. Kathryn

We were on the Equinox last February and there was a sushi bar starting sometime between 5 and 6.

Please see my comments below

1. I can't seem to locate who the current Cruise Director is. Can anyone help me? I am not sure on this

2. What internet packages are currently being offered? Is there an unlimited option? There is no unlimited option - you are able to check onboard what is available

3. I am an Aquaclass passanger. Can I still eat I the MDR? Sure you can eat in the MDR

1. I can't seem to locate who the current Cruise Director is. Can anyone help me?

2. What internet packages are currently being offered? Is there an unlimited option?

Looks like all have been answered, but I have one. Why would you spend the extra money booking Aqua, with not the best of cabin location, then want to go to the MDR over Blu?

ps: We are just back from 11 days on the Equinox, and booked for the 10 day next yr.

Edited by wallie5446

Regarding wifi, here is what is posted on the Celebrity Website.

Most ships in our fleet offer Wi-Fi connectivity throughout, with the exception of Celebrity Century® and Celebrity Xpedition®, which offer Wi-Fi in public areas. Internet access is available in the Celebrity iLounge℠ 24 hours a day on all ships except Celebrity Century. Celebrity Century® features Online@Celebrity℠, an Internet lounge that provides e-mail services and Internet access 24 hours a day. You will be able to receive email, satellite conditions permitting. We also have an Internet Manager on board to assist you with questions or to set up an Internet Package at a nominal fee.

You can connect to the Internet on each ship, either by accessing a 24/7 wireless connection "hotspot" with your own laptop or tablet, or utilizing the resources of the Internet lounge and its computers on board. You will be able to receive email, via satellite link 24 hours a day, satellite conditions permitting.

Internet Packages

Minutes Included Price

90 $59

240 $109

600 $219

1680 $429

Per minute rate is $0.79. Captain's Club Premium Offers are distributed onboard may not apply to all packages. Internet rates and packages are subject to change without prior notice.

Looks like all have been answered, but I have one. Why would you spend the extra money booking Aqua, with not the best of cabin location, then want to go to the MDR over Blu?

ps: We are just back from 11 days on the Equinox, and booked for the 10 day next yr.

We have AQ but are travelling with my cousin who is solo in a balcony. I know for sure we will want to dine with him some evenings in the MDR

So - just one example of why AQ would choose to dine there.

I cant wait though - Blu looks lovely - very different from mass dining.

hi wallie

I met you briefly on the reflection last year

what date did you book the equinox for next year....

we are booked for dec 11 2015

carol

(my daughter lives in Southlake - so we talked about about that

we went to visit her in October - it is absolutely beautiful

hi wallie

I met you briefly on the reflection last year

what date did you book the equinox for next year....

we are booked for dec 11 2015

carol

(my daughter lives in Southlake - so we talked about about that

we went to visit her in October - it is absolutely beautiful

Hey Carol!

We are on the Nov 20th with 'fitters' from our Reflection and Equinox cruise. This will be our first cruise at Elite in CC, and also our first time in Aqua so we all can go to Blu. Hope you are well.

EW

Sometimes people don't like a particular Blu menu on a given night. Or they meet people and want to join them for dinner on a particular night. Or they just want variety.

We have AQ but are travelling with my cousin who is solo in a balcony. I know for sure we will want to dine with him some evenings in the MDR

So - just one example of why AQ would choose to dine there.

I cant wait though - Blu looks lovely - very different from mass dining.

Ok ya'll, I know the reasons long time Celebrity folks would do so, but a first post, in an Aqua level cabin, and they did not research what the differences were? To many time folks book Aqua thinking there is something special about the cabin, when there is not. Hence my 'toung in cheek' question.

Please join Roll Call. Please see the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859929&page=61

You can find a lot of CC activities on 12/12 sailing. Roll Call is very active.

As the original poster in this thread I appreciate all the responses. Yes, we plan on eating most of our meals in Blu, but for several of the reasons stated by other above we may choose to eat in the MDR on occasion during the cruise. I received conflicting information regarding options from my travel agent and have noticed that there have been several changes to the Celebrity website recently. I just figured if there was anywhere I could get the straight scoop - it would be here.

hi Wallie

how was your cruise

we were on infinity in October nice cruise but ship was way too old

glad you remember me lol

carol

Tho the Equinox was nice and we booked her again next yr, because of the 10 day and route, it was not the Reflection. Got an outstanding package booking on ship. Southlake should be decorated to the nines for the holidays by now, we are. Have a wonderful season.

EW

As the original poster in this thread I appreciate all the responses. Yes, we plan on eating most of our meals in Blu, but for several of the reasons stated by other above we may choose to eat in the MDR on occasion during the cruise. I received conflicting information regarding options from my travel agent and have noticed that there have been several changes to the Celebrity website recently. I just figured if there was anywhere I could get the straight scoop - it would be here.

Are you traveling with others?

If so, did they choose early/late fixed, or Select?

This would have an impact on wheather you could join their table.

Tho the Equinox was nice and we booked her again next yr, because of the 10 day and route, it was not the Reflection. Got an outstanding package booking on ship. Southlake should be decorated to the nines for the holidays by now, we are. Have a wonderful season.

EW

Wondering why you say it is not the Reflection? We love the Reflection! We have sailed Reflection twice, this year in the Eastern Med and last winter in the Caribbean. We are seriously considering the Equinox for next January.

Have just started reading about the Equinox and saw your comment. We are Elite with X and enjoy the level of ship.

Would appreciate a couple of points that would have you make the comment.

Thanks

Wondering why you say it is not the Reflection? We love the Reflection! We have sailed Reflection twice, this year in the Eastern Med and last winter in the Caribbean. We are seriously considering the Equinox for next January.

Have just started reading about the Equinox and saw your comment. We are Elite with X and enjoy the level of ship.

Would appreciate a couple of points that would have you make the comment.

Thanks

After 25 years and 7 different lines, the Reflection is our favorite ship. We 1st sailed X in 1994, and we finall pointed out to Elite this last cruise.

There was just something about the Reflection, hard to put our finger on just what??? Was it the coffee machine in the Hideaway on deck 7, or the Lawn Club Grill? Was it the design of the Sunset Bar? There was just something that sat in the back of our minds, we liked the Reflection better.

Now we are booked again next Nov back on the Equinox for the 10 day Eastern route for the 4 sea days and the 5 ports. It was a very good cruise this year, just that something that felt different.

EW

Thanks for the thoughts wallie5446, I know what you mean. My DW loves Allure and Oasis but will tell you that Oasis is he favorite. They are both the same as to level/class of ship, but she says the staff, the vibe and experience is better on Oasis. It might be that we sailed Oasis before Allure. You can see in my signature we have sailed Oasis twice. :p

Glad to see that you booked again, think I will continue my research and decision making on Equinox. ;)

Thanks for the thoughts wallie5446, I know what you mean. My DW loves Allure and Oasis but will tell you that Oasis is he favorite. They are both the same as to level/class of ship, but she says the staff, the vibe and experience is better on Oasis. It might be that we sailed Oasis before Allure. You can see in my signature we have sailed Oasis twice. :p

Glad to see that you booked again, think I will continue my research and decision making on Equinox. ;)

Then you really know what we mean, just that something~~~~:D

We are up to 5 couples from our last cruise booked for the 10 day this Nov. Ya'll should come join us!

EW