currently on Summit Dec 6 b2b

hulamoon

Shampoo body wash...

If you want your body care products free of parabens, phthalate or sodium Laurel sulfate bring your own. The Bvlgari products provided are drying for me, was very glad I brought our leftovers from the Doubletree. We received no liquid body wash.

Chocolate

In both suite categories we received a nice box of chocolates the first formal night.

Flowers

There were flowers in both suites.

Food

The food and service was better than our earlier sailings this year. Beef was on the menu everywhere. There were plenty of people to take drink orders in every restaurant. ice tea was less easy to get, so order early if you desire it.

Internet

There were some improvements, free sites are available on your own devices and b2bers can fill out reviews for free at ilounge. But I was continually kicked off my iPad and we found our minutes were less effective than other sailings. If airlines can figure this out, I bet ships can.

Port vs. starboard

There were few mornings I could be on our balcony after the sun came up on the Grenada St. Croix week, starboard side. It was very sunny on the covered balcony. This week was also hotter I think. Port side on the Barbados itinerary gave us a useable balcony every day, all day.

All which could be coincidental, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks for this. We "do ports" differently but it sounds like otherwise we have similar feelings about the ship and general service onboard and on excursions.

Thanks also for the info about side of ship and sun, were on Starboard both weeks, same cabin in April, so I hope this sun is not too hot though I do like my sun I'm also glad you liked the tub, too bad about the neighbors :( I also hope the Bistro on 5 oven is fixed, we really enjoys some of those items, though we'll also have the new restaurant to try.

We have a holiday cruise booked in 6145 (Infinity) as there weren't many other choices and what there was was VERY expensive. I'm glad to hear has a nice bathroom though the lack of hanging space is a concern. I've only been able to get a quick look at the cabin, it's not the same as spending time sailing in it. We may cancel anyway as I'm not sure we can be gone over Xmas/New Years not to mention the itinerary isn't exactly what we wanted.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for this. We "do ports" differently but it sounds like otherwise we have similar feelings about the ship and general service onboard and on excursions.

Thanks also for the info about side of ship and sun, were on Starboard both weeks, same cabin in April, so I hope this sun is not too hot though I do like my sun I'm also glad you liked the tub, too bad about the neighbors :( I also hope the Bistro on 5 oven is fixed, we really enjoys some of those items, though we'll also have the new restaurant to try.

We have a holiday cruise booked in 6145 (Infinity) as there weren't many other choices and what there was was VERY expensive. I'm glad to hear has a nice bathroom though the lack of hanging space is a concern. I've only been able to get a quick look at the cabin, it's not the same as spending time sailing in it. We may cancel anyway as I'm not sure we can be gone over Xmas/New Years not to mention the itinerary isn't exactly what we wanted.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There is hardly any hanging space in the cabin, there is a large entry way though and I wondered if a temporary hanging situation could be placed there or in the spacious bathroom. When our clothes were moved there were multiple items for each hanger.

We will not do ships snorkel tours next December. My husband, who never reads CC or reviews told me he was disappointed in the tours he picked this time. He also said it was the first time he felt ships tours let him down. We have had extraordinary ships tours and terrible private ones and visa versa. Some of our ports repeat next December for our b2b Eclipse. We will dive a couple and go inland more. We really liked boats with room or small numbers. I need to ask you about best dive spots.

Our first week on starboard was hot, except the last returning to San Juan. Although it is a covered balcony on that itinerary, that time of year we only could use the balcony from early morning and after sunset. Not so, port side the other itinerary. Would have liked to discuss it with someone onboard the opposite side to see if it was true for them as well.

My best advise ...is give Dominica another try. I know you were disappointed last time.

The Bistro issue was an oven being broken. I didn't understand why there was not another to be used but I can see why they didn't want to run around the ship. Hopefully an easy fix.

I can't thank you enough, for you generosity in helping us upgrade to the RS. It was a treat for us.

There is hardly any hanging space in the cabin, there is a large entry way though and I wondered if a temporary hanging situation could be placed there or in the spacious bathroom. When our clothes were moved there were multiple items for each hanger.

We will not do ships snorkel tours next December. My husband, who never reads CC or reviews told me he was disappointed in the tours he picked this time. He also said it was the first time he felt ships tours let him down. We have had extraordinary ships tours and terrible private ones and visa versa. Some of our ports repeat next December for our b2b Eclipse. We will dive a couple and go inland more. We really liked boats with room or small numbers. I need to ask you about best dive spots.

Our first week on starboard was hot, except the last returning to San Juan. Although it is a covered balcony on that itinerary, that time of year we only could use the balcony from early morning and after sunset. Not so, port side the other itinerary. Would have liked to discuss it with someone onboard the opposite side to see if it was true for them as well.

My best advise ...is give Dominica another try. I know you were disappointed last time.

The Bistro issue was an oven being broken. I didn't understand why there was not another to be used but I can see why they didn't want to run around the ship. Hopefully an easy fix.

I can't thank you enough, for you generosity in helping us upgrade to the RS. It was a treat for us.

Anytime!

I have hear about people bringing in portable hanging situations into 6145/6146.

Email me anout dive spots. I think I'll dive in Dominica, there is NO way I can get Dee off the ship there again. Maybe once I see more and dive there, I'll have justification to convince her otherwise.

B2B on Eclipse sounds great. I'm really looking forward to Summit.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

i meant to add, that even with adding a LOT of hangers in the CS, some things were doubled up still, and when we went to the RS, with less accessible hanging space due to the closet configuration we had even more doubled up. I'm not sure how we would manage! Lol

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did you use the closets in the living room and dining room and still not have enough hanging space in the RS?

I was thinking about a portable rack for 6145...that entry way could easily accomadate a nice corner closet but you may not want to enter cabin looking at hanging clothes.

The bathroom is huge..but to access towel racks and bathtub you would want something that rolled.

Also..the closet has the nice wooden hangers..which do take up space. The hanging space is maybe a third what is in the main closet of the RS. Somehow though they got everything in ours by triple hanging.

Also...that cabin could have had a larger table, at least outside. It was much smaller, which made Michael happy as it pushed us to go out each evening to eat.

Did you use the closets in the living room and dining room and still not have enough hanging space in the RS?

I was thinking about a portable rack for 6145...that entry way could easily accomadate a nice corner closet but you may not want to enter cabin looking at hanging clothes.

The bathroom is huge..but to access towel racks and bathtub you would want something that rolled.

Also..the closet has the nice wooden hangers..which do take up space. The hanging space is maybe a third what is in the main closet of the RS. Somehow though they got everything in ours by triple hanging.

Also...that cabin could have had a larger table, at least outside. It was much smaller, which made Michael happy as it pushed us to go out each evening to eat.

The "coat" closet as we called it had jackets and sweaters and was far from full. We could have put more in there. The issue wasn't the amount of space in the RS. But that some of it is hidden in the back and I thought the rod in our cabin would break from all the weigh. I also got the back, Dee's side from the CS got the front do my stuff was less accessible. We always make due, but I always forget I have something when double/triple hanging.

The entering the cabin looking at clothes would bug Her, oh well. We've made due on the smaller M-Class CS balcony tabke for breakfast, but it would be tougher for dinner. They're probaboy similar size. Maybe they can roll something in for dinner inside the cabin if you don't feel like going out? On long cruises we always end up win a few of those days, a bath and then light dinner in bathrobes in our cabin, TMI? :eek:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The "coat" closet as we called it had jackets and sweaters and was far from full. We could have put more in there. The issue wasn't the amount of space in the RS. But that some of it is hidden in the back and I thought the rod in our cabin would break from all the weigh. I also got the back, Dee's side from the CS got the front do my stuff was less accessible. We always make due, but I always forget I have something when double/triple hanging.

The entering the cabin looking at clothes would bug Her, oh well. We've made due on the smaller M-Class CS balcony tabke for breakfast, but it would be tougher for dinner. They're probaboy similar size. Maybe they can roll something in for dinner inside the cabin if you don't feel like going out? On long cruises we always end up win a few of those days, a bath and then light dinner in bathrobes in our cabin, TMI? :eek:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The table could be larger. There is room and in Sclass SS it has always been larger. Our only argument during the cruise was if we should ask to have a bigger table brought in! I pointed out tables that appeared larger on CC balconies and he argued it was "merely perspective" and they were the same size as ours. Of course he always wants to eat out at night and uses the table size as the reason.

As classy as the entry is in 6145. It is not the best use of space.

Many people eat in bathrobes...:)

Hi Sharie

Thanks for the great trip report.

We'll be on the Eclipse this coming February for the second time.

We also like to snorkel everywhere we can and go to beautiful beaches if we can't.

We don't do ship's excursions any more and I can recommend some private ones for that itinerary if you email me.

I'm happy to hear about the new Bistro menu and the MUTS in the evening. (Nothing better than laying on a lounge chair watching a movie under the stars in the warm Caribbean!) I hope the Eclipse will have added both by our cruise.

Just found this thread.

Saw the reference to MUTS.

Did Celebrity add a huge screen somewhere on the pool deck?

I just got off the Connie a week ago and it does not have one.

Is it like Carnival and Princess?

Thanks.

No, it was on deck 12 offered twice. They are temporary set ups.

No, it was on deck 12 offered twice. They are temporary set ups.

We had that once on the old Tahitian Princess where they pulled out a screen in the back of the stage area (in back of where the band plays) near the pool and showed a movie.

Not so polished as the giant MUTS screen but still really nice!

To Hulamoon.. You mentioned a tour in Dominica last year. What kind of tour was it? DH and I want to go whale watching and I was wondering if that was the kind of tour you'd been on.

Thanks for the review!

I would..we almost did that this time. The reviews seemed to indicate pretty good odds of seeing something. In spring of 2014, we did the three waters tour with Levi Bumbling. There are not many tours I would repeat, but I would that one.

Happy New Year!