currently on Summit Dec 6 b2b

hulamoon

Not sure if wings are served somedays, when I was there it was hamburgers and hot dogs. Try the pizza in ocean view.

Getting ready for our b2b meeting. Looking forward to meeting those sailing with us on the thirteenth.

Please let us know how the turn-around actually works. From my understanding we must exit the ship and are shown to a room portside where we wait until the ship zeros out, then reboard without going thru customs/immigration.

Also, we are changing staterooms, so will have to pack up our 'stuff'. I've been given different answers as to how that will be handled: first one was we will remove all our belongings from the first cabin to a holding area on-board, and the second was yes, pack it all up, but inform our room steward which stateroom we will be moving to and he will take care of moving.

Please let us know how the turn-around actually works. From my understanding we must exit the ship and are shown to a room portside where we wait until the ship zeros out' date=' then reboard without going thru customs/immigration.

Also, we are changing staterooms, so will have to pack up our 'stuff'. I've been given different answers as to how that will be handled: first one was we will remove all our belongings from the first cabin to a holding area on-board, and the second was yes, pack it all up, but inform our room steward which stateroom we will be moving to and he will take care of moving.[/quote']

There was a comical mistake today. For some reason we ended up in the conference room and others the rondevouz and yet others in the the revelation. So, I only met a few folks b2bing. Tomorrow we leave 6140 and we move to 6145. We will pack up something's and our butler will handle the move. We leave our suite by eight am and at 9:45 we exit the ship and then immediately walk back on. Our new cabins are not promised to be ready any earlier than one.

We have heard Bistro on five and Al Bacio will be open.

Our first cruise was the Michael's experience which was wonderful. The people and other guests were enjoyable. mike got sushi making lessons, we took the galley tour. We did not go to much of anything else on the ship. We were off board or in Michael's or our suite. That's it.

Next week we wil return to our more normal cruising style. And we will get to know the ship better.

I have read many b2b reviews and googled the procedure numerous times. Unfortunately, we experienced a rather difficult one, by comparison.

We arrived at our meeting place at 9:30 this morning and were able to get back on just past eleven. a group of about 200 people in various states of sobriety and hangovers and shaving injuries lines up in an unhappy mass of humanity. There is no suite line, no AQ line, no one to bribe. While this seems to be an exception, I think for my next b2b I will consider an excursion with more sincerity.

The reasons are still murky, but there was a strong possibility that someone did not get off the ship. I will not mention their name but tempers were flaring and some humouros guesses as to what happened to them and what they were up to. Also, rumor has it a staff member with experience was injured onboard last night, so therefore this caused more confusion. Will also not metion a name, as if I accidently injured myself and needed hospitalization I am not sure I would want it blasted across a public forum by a stranger.

6145 is a nice suite, in fact it has a couple of advantages over the Royal from last week. First off, it has fool proof black out curtains so I maybe able to sleep this half of the trip. Second the bathroom is dynamite and has a fresh clean smell. More later...

Edited by hulamoon

Glad to hear 6147 is in great shape - we're sailing in it in April. We've had the pleasure of having Dominic as our butler twice on Summit - I hope he's there in April when we're back. He really is, in my opinion, one of Celebrity's best butlers. And so looking forward to seeing Lionel again - I hope he's still there as well.

Also glad to hear - hoping to do Summit 6147/6148 this year - BUT I'm hoping to hear that the air conditioning has been taken care of. I and others have reported that it gets warm in there at night. Frankly that's the only thing holding me back from doing more Summit.

Also glad to hear - hoping to do Summit 6147/6148 this year - BUT I'm hoping to hear that the air conditioning has been taken care of. I and others have reported that it gets warm in there at night. Frankly that's the only thing holding me back from doing more Summit.

Jediknight

Hi! I was the one who was complaining about the lack of A/C right along with you. However, I'm happy to report that I was in 6148 in September 2014 and it was COOL COOL COOL all day and all night. I can only hope/assume 6147 will be the same way in April 2015 and again in August 2015!

So it looks like they finally got the A/C pumping for the PH's!!

Janice

Jediknight

Hi! I was the one who was complaining about the lack of A/C right along with you. However, I'm happy to report that I was in 6148 in September 2014 and it was COOL COOL COOL all day and all night. I can only hope/assume 6147 will be the same way in April 2015 and again in August 2015!

So it looks like they finally got the A/C pumping for the PH's!!

Janice

It's great! Chilly in both 6147 and 6145.

hulamoon,

Enjoy 6145. We had friends who stayed in 6146 and they fell in love with that SS. Is Dominic your butler? He's very quiet but has a great sense of humor once you get to know him and he is a very caring person. He's been our butler twice. Please tell him Janice and Rita said hi. I'm not sure he'll remember us as he sees so many people. We were traveling with our friend Sharon, whose mom fell in Bermuda and Dominic was very helpful to Sharon and her parents. Truly a great person. He served us breakfast and lunch every day and always had a smile on his face.

Edited by jcpc

hulamoon,

Enjoy 6145. We had friends who stayed in 6146 and they fell in love with that SS. Is Dominic your butler? He's very quiet but has a great sense of humor once you get to know him and he is a very caring person. He's been our butler twice. Please tell him Janice and Rita said hi. I'm not sure he'll remember us as he sees so many people. We were traveling with our friend Sharon, whose mom fell in Bermuda and Dominic was very helpful to Sharon and her parents. Truly a great person. He served us breakfast and lunch every day and always had a smile on his face.

Yes we met Domnic last week and he will be our butler this week. He told us he would be our guest relations concierge as well. We have already been charmed by 6145 and his service seems legendary!

Just finished muster.. Highly recommend getting seats by exit and arriving early for stations D1 and D2.

Tonight we were treated to the boating Christmas parade out our porthole view in Blu, while experiencing the best meal of the cruise so far. Filet mignon was fantastic. The beef offerings are greatly improved.

I have read many b2b reviews and googled the procedure numerous times. Unfortunately, we experienced a rather difficult one, by comparison.

We arrived at our meeting place at 9:30 this morning and were able to get back on just past eleven. a group of about 200 people in various states of sobriety and hangovers and shaving injuries lines up in an unhappy mass of humanity. There is no suite line, no AQ line, no one to bribe. While this seems to be an exception, I think for my next b2b I will consider an excursion with more sincerity.

The reasons are still murky, but there was a strong possibility that someone did not get off the ship. I will not mention their name but tempers were flaring and some humouros guesses as to what happened to them and what they were up to. Also, rumor has it a staff member with experience was injured onboard last night, so therefore this caused more confusion. Will also not metion a name, as if I accidently injured myself and needed hospitalization I am not sure I would want it blasted across a public forum by a stranger.

6145 is a nice suite, in fact it has a couple of advantages over the Royal from last week. First off, it has fool proof black out curtains so I maybe able to sleep this half of the trip. Second the bathroom is dynamite and has a fresh clean smell. More later...

Had hoped to get to you before transfer and tell you we were also in 6145. The deck is huge, the bath great. And although I had gotten negative feed back on the single door, It was a cabin we enjoyed. If you ever need to know about the Celebrity Suite just ask. Was on the Millennium CS. I still can't find any reviews on RS6139. But if 6140 showed no wear I am sure 6139 is fine. As for the PS...My sister has seven kids. She stayed in the PS because and connecting Sky site, not sure if it was 6145 or not but found it to be cheaper than Veranda Suites or equivalent. They had a great time. If 6139 is on the cabin crawl would you give me feedback? Sorry your disembarkation did not go smooth. You really can't count on smooth all the time On one we were not able to embark until 4 hours later. Rumor had it that they had a serious sewer problem but that is rumor and not verified. Have a great cruise.

We have very much enjoyed our first day on the Summit. Thought I would post what is new here and answers questions that I at least had!

First there is a new bistro menu. It includes Flatbread with wild mushrooms and truffle oil, pan roasted Salmon, chicken Pillard, spaghetti, BBQ pork Ribs, Bistros signature steak with gratin potatoes, choice of peppercorn or Bernaise Sauce plus daily specials.monday- Moules, Tuesday Salad Nicose, Wednesday- Duck Confit, Thursday- Boullabaise, Friday Braised Short Ribs, Sat.- Lamb and Ratatoulle and Sunday Choucroute.

Plus..under Salad Soup and appetizers...onion soup Grainee, clam chowder, beef consommé with dumplings, escargot, warm goat cheese with Carmelized onion tart, steak tartare with Gaufrette potatoes, Caprese with French basil, charcuterie and cheese with fig chutney, mustard and cornichons.

Plus the regular crepes.

The pizza at Oceanviews cafe was amazing...much better than April on the Equinox or any other pizza on X.

They are currently out of chai tea. Lol

The carpets are in very good shape. The ship is clean. Staff friendly, we are impressed with how each location is defined. Cellar Masters is more than a cave area. Michaels Club is gorgeous and stately. The public area on S class are less defined and the ceilings seem higher to me.

Michael's Club staff is very good and today we began to understand the reason for only drinking there, that is they want the glasses back. So to-go cups maybe used.

There are many pay movies now and only one free movie channel with much older movies, we could call them Classic movies.

Captain is Leonardo's Palaiokrassas, hotel Director Srdjan Cetkovic, CD Ken Mills, F and B director Shane Mansfield, Executive Chef Abdul Nasar, chief engineer Argyrois Poulakis, staff Captain Nigel Smyth MC host is Lisa and CC Host is Lionel.

While I may not be able to answer all questions, I will do my best, if anyone has any while in US territories.

Hi again, If indeed you do have Dominic, Would you ask him if he will be onboard May 31st cruise? He was very good at his job. I am sure he would not remember Gary & Vicki from 2014 june cruise in 6140 but please tell him we say hi. Thanks!

Hulamoon, Thanks so much for the info on your turn-around. We will hope for the best come April 18!

You said you had to pack some things, but didn't mention if you had to take them with you, or just leave them in your room and they were moved on your return to the new room. Did you have to take anything off with you?

Edited by George'sGal

you pack most of your loose items in your suitcase but leave the hanging clothes in the closet and they will be moved by the staff. We have been on a B2B where one guest or a group of guests refuse to leave the ship. They were right royally booed by the B2B's waiting in the terminal for them to leave. :-). They let you back on until they close off the previous cruise completely. They can't close the previous cruise until all PAX's have left the ship.

QUOTE]

Enjoying your review, hulamoon! We were on a b2b in October and experienced the same difficulties. Someone on the b2b somehow disembarked without going thru security, and there was someone on board that wouldn't leave. We waited in the area just at the bottom of the escalators in the SJ terminal for probably an hour. Lots of disorganization...But we were on for another week and didn't have to unpack so it was hard to be upset for too long!

I hope the staff member you mention will be okay.

If you know Onur the sommelier, will you please tell him hello from Danna and Bruce.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

The first we noticed it first, last night with one showing of the movie Blended. The time tonight for Frozen is 10:15, got the time wrong on earlier posting.

My plan it to go check it out. It's only one showing a day.

Edited by hulamoon

Could you please tell me a little more about your Blue Water Safari trip? Why was it just ok? How was the snorkeling? What was for lunch? We are thinking of booking them for March but not quite sure yet. We were looking at the all day trip, was there just one snorkel stop? Thank you so much!

We were in 6148 Dec 6th - 13th and there was no issues with the a/c. The couple in 6148 said their suite was to cold, and that they could not adjust it.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

Hey Hula,

Just found your posting! Glad I am able to see a little more of your experience (than your email :) ) and you seem to be having a good time. We're back on Summit April for B2B but thankfully in the same suite for both cruises. We actually enjoyed Summit more than Millennium as a ship for a number of reasons, even if overall the trip on Millennium was far more special. It sounds like there are (still) more activities in Michael's Club than on Millennium which only had one over each 14 day cruise but there is plenty onboard to keep us active and busy, especially on a Caribbean cruise when we pretty much read and relax.

My other half will not be happy if the B2B drill goes like as described so I think I'll hint to head off the ship and maybe do lunch before heading back to avoid the issues. It's definitely a good heads up as a number of people have reported less than idea B2B experiences. We're not planning on seeing much of SJ in the two days we have there pre-cruise so maybe we'll stroll through the old town.

Have a great rest of your trip!!!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

JCPC and Hula - thank you for the feedback!!!

If they got the A/C fixed - AT NIGHT in the PH then I'm good to go. Hopefully both are fixed because JCPC, if you are in 6148 and you get someone at your door in the middle of the night holding his pillow, well, you'll know that 6147 wasn't up to snuff:)

Thanks for your reports; very informative. Sorry to hear of the delays in the re boarding. I guess it's the luck of the draw. Last year, we were off & back on Summit in 45 minutes. Hope it's the same this year. It only take one person to throw everything off.