currently on Summit Dec 6 b2b

hulamoon

We have very much enjoyed our first day on the Summit. Thought I would post what is new here and answers questions that I at least had!

First there is a new bistro menu. It includes Flatbread with wild mushrooms and truffle oil, pan roasted Salmon, chicken Pillard, spaghetti, BBQ pork Ribs, Bistros signature steak with gratin potatoes, choice of peppercorn or Bernaise Sauce plus daily specials.monday- Moules, Tuesday Salad Nicose, Wednesday- Duck Confit, Thursday- Boullabaise, Friday Braised Short Ribs, Sat.- Lamb and Ratatoulle and Sunday Choucroute.

Plus..under Salad Soup and appetizers...onion soup Grainee, clam chowder, beef consommé with dumplings, escargot, warm goat cheese with Carmelized onion tart, steak tartare with Gaufrette potatoes, Caprese with French basil, charcuterie and cheese with fig chutney, mustard and cornichons.

Plus the regular crepes.

The pizza at Oceanviews cafe was amazing...much better than April on the Equinox or any other pizza on X.

They are currently out of chai tea. Lol

The carpets are in very good shape. The ship is clean. Staff friendly, we are impressed with how each location is defined. Cellar Masters is more than a cave area. Michaels Club is gorgeous and stately. The public area on S class are less defined and the ceilings seem higher to me.

Michael's Club staff is very good and today we began to understand the reason for only drinking there, that is they want the glasses back. So to-go cups maybe used.

There are many pay movies now and only one free movie channel with much older movies, we could call them Classic movies.

Captain is Leonardo's Palaiokrassas, hotel Director Srdjan Cetkovic, CD Ken Mills, F and B director Shane Mansfield, Executive Chef Abdul Nasar, chief engineer Argyrois Poulakis, staff Captain Nigel Smyth MC host is Lisa and CC Host is Lionel.

While I may not be able to answer all questions, I will do my best, if anyone has any while in US territories.

Strange how ships differ. We are on Reflection, have nothing new at bistro.

We can take drinks out and it seems only Summit makes that difficult based on a ship, not company decision.

Your pizza sounds amazing.. We have not been tempted here yet.

Thanks for listing the officers.

Enjoy your cruises!

We can take them out, it is not preferred. It's just difficult for them to get the glasses back, so to help out I will put it in a go cup or bring wine glasses from the room. Partly because I read so much about it I was feeling a bit sheepish dropping in and not staying to finish drink.

Pizza was thin crust. Very good improvement.

Today there was a crepe demonstration teaching guest to cook crepes, we picked up the recipe.

Strange how ships differ. We are on Reflection, have nothing new at bistro.

We can take drinks out and it seems only Summit makes that difficult based on a ship, not company decision.

Your pizza sounds amazing.. We have not been tempted here yet.

Thanks for listing the officers.

Enjoy your cruises!

We got off Reflection on Nov. 1st. Drinks were not allowed to be taken from Michael's. It's good to hear that the policy has been rescinded. :D

We have very much enjoyed our first day on the Summit. Thought I would post what is new here and answers questions that I at least had!

First there is a new bistro menu.

Thanks so much for posting!

Looking forward to being back on board. Our first X cruise was on Summit 10 years ago. :)

Hi,

We were on Summit this past June and will be back on in May 2015. Last June we were in RS6140 and in May it will be 6139. Come April we will be in for so many changes, we can't wait. Our Butler was Dominic and we were very happy he knew his job well, thus doing a great job at making our cruise wonderful.

Bistro on five was starting to serve more than crepes. One meal we enjoyed was the steak. Crepe deserts were delicious. One part of the cruise we did not enjoy was "Trivia" The questions were not fun and the entertainment was extremely lacking. Other than that we had a ball. Michael's was just getting going but promised to get more in. We were able to open the fridge and take anything we wanted. The bar was not yet stocked, so every drink had to be gotten else where. You will find they do have surprise guests so watch for your personal invitation. They will change your tv to another channel if you like. Dominic always bought us breakfast and lunch. He use to give me fresh cut fruit daily (watermelon, oranges, mango then banana and the best damn grapes I ever had. You can hand write on the menu what you want for breakfast even if not there. One question I have is: has the suites remained in good order? I can't find any review on RS6139. Thanks in advance and enjoy your cruise.:D

All of the suites we saw last week on Summit were in good shape. The only exception was a small area of our teak decking that had a leak and buckled a little when it rained at night. Dried out and settle down during the day. Xmas tree in entry was not expect. Understand that some suites did not get flowers until later in the week, but the roses and plant were in ours and still looked good last day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

We were on Summit this past June and will be back on in May 2015. Last June we were in RS6140 and in May it will be 6139. Come April we will be in for so many changes, we can't wait. Our Butler was Dominic and we were very happy he knew his job well, thus doing a great job at making our cruise wonderful.

Bistro on five was starting to serve more than crepes. One meal we enjoyed was the steak. Crepe deserts were delicious. One part of the cruise we did not enjoy was "Trivia" The questions were not fun and the entertainment was extremely lacking. Other than that we had a ball. Michael's was just getting going but promised to get more in. We were able to open the fridge and take anything we wanted. The bar was not yet stocked, so every drink had to be gotten else where. You will find they do have surprise guests so watch for your personal invitation. They will change your tv to another channel if you like. Dominic always bought us breakfast and lunch. He use to give me fresh cut fruit daily (watermelon, oranges, mango then banana and the best damn grapes I ever had. You can hand write on the menu what you want for breakfast even if not there. One question I have is: has the suites remained in good order? I can't find any review on RS6139. Thanks in advance and enjoy your cruise.:D

We were on the Summit in August, and stayed in RS6140 as well. Dominic was our guy and he did a great job.

Internet...oh boy, one forgets how very slow, slow can be. We liberally used the Internet while in St Croix because we had both elite minutes and Royal suite elite minutes. As it turns out, both the ilounge fellow and our concierge told us having both is a mistake. They are honoring it by crediting us so we can buy more minutes. But it is an error to have double coupons at his time, on this ship.

Enjoyed a nice stone massage with Rae this morning and I recommend her. Also showed my husband how to treat his trigger points and played Watsu therapy in the T-pool. It's a deeply relaxing pool floatations therapy. Last night, I met a few spa personnel and some could use some training in soft approaches. While looking at their products, one shoved a questionaire at me and told me she could answer my questions if I filled it out. It was the standard spa sales questions. I politely declined and I think I may have surprised her by that.

We have met very fine folks in Michael's Club and I was able to have Chai Tea Latte this morning! Weaker than usual but the spice is back in my morning cruise routine. At home I drink Chai sometimes, but it is the drink packages that trained me to expect one each morning, while on board. Lol

Weather is very nice and the sunrise over St kitts yesterday was beautiful. We snorkeled with Blue Water safari in St Kitts. It was okay but being in the water is nice. Staff was good and my husband enjoyed the lunch. We observed the Quantum and the little ant like humans flying up in the air on their new skydiving simulating entertainment. Pretty humorous.

6140 is in very good shape and the OMG suite of 6147 is in phenomenal shape. I am quite motived now to increase income to cruise in that penthouse. I like it better than the S class penthouse. William is our butler this week and I believe we will have Dominique next week in 6145. Thanks for the tips Junetraveler.

The Blu Maitre D is Sha. For the poster who asked about formal nights, I am unsure when a future itinerary will have formal night. My best guess is three or four nights before or after sea day.

Glad to hear 6147 is in great shape - we're sailing in it in April. We've had the pleasure of having Dominic as our butler twice on Summit - I hope he's there in April when we're back. He really is, in my opinion, one of Celebrity's best butlers. And so looking forward to seeing Lionel again - I hope he's still there as well.

To clarify, it is the elite benefit coupons the upper suites are not supposed to receive, just the ones all suites get. In other words if you are not elite the benefits are there in those classes. Unsure if it is a new policy or if there have been many errors along the way.

We are at St Thomas, the sun is rising and we are about to dock. My ATT is picking up, I attempted to use the Internet at various ports, And they were mostly what kicked me off the ships wifi. Others using the system have not had the problem, but is was particularly frustrating this trip. The better things get on land, the more the sea limitations seem intolerable! Lol

The week has flown by and today we have the b2b meeting. our kind butler was letting us down easy describing our S1 next week. I plan to use the suite as much as possible today, after some quick snorkeling.

Enjoying our trip on the lovely Summit.

HulaMoon,

Thanks for the report. We are anxious to hear about the ship and your ports. In regard to formal nights, I understand that it can change, I was just curious when they were on your sailing. When we sail next year we depart on Saturday and Valentine's Day is Sunday. I was just curious if there was currently a formal night on the second night. Can you also tell me when the muster drill is in relation to dinner? Just wondering if we will be enjoy our great aft balcony for our sailaway from San Juan or if we will be at dinner or muster drill. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and especially the suite life. One day I hope to move up to there myself:rolleyes:

For the St Croix, Grenada cruise the formal nights were sea day and St Croix. We had a lovely Captains table that evening.

As soon as I experience next week I will let you know those formal nights.

Many people have raved about Qsine, one party that raved about it later told us it was more the presentation than the food. Now this has been our personal experience with it. But we are also experienced with the Normandie menu and not sure which one we will choose next week. I will say that many many people have spoken highly of it this cruise, so we may give it a try next week again.

Today we went to Coki beach and snorkeled. Nice water. There is a huge amount of sea grass on the ocean this cruise. Rumor has it came up from Brazil and is just a freak thing.

Not sure if wings are served somedays, when I was there it was hamburgers and hot dogs. Try the pizza in ocean view.

Getting ready for our b2b meeting. Looking forward to meeting those sailing with us on the thirteenth.