Cabin R312 on Sun Princess

retep55555

Looking for any feedback on this cabin. We usually have aft cabins and this is at the very front. Was wondering if any negatives especially the noise of the door to gain access to the deck at the front of the ship as this is right next door to this cabin. Can see that it could be an advantage for quick access to the outside. Would appreciate any feedback as we potentially are looking at 75 nights in this cabin....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Haven't been in the cabin but the area forward of there that looks like it goes forward to an outside deck is the area to the bridge and the space before it are Officer cabins. I did the Ultimate Ships tour on the Dawn so assume it's identical.

Haven't been in the cabin but the area forward of there that looks like it goes forward to an outside deck is the area to the bridge and the space before it are Officer cabins. I did the Ultimate Ships tour on the Dawn so assume it's identical.

Thanks for that... I think you are correct. Now wondering if that doorway access will be noisy with people coming and going??

Anyone been under the buffet before??

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for that... I think you are correct. Now wondering if that doorway access will be noisy with people coming and going??

Anyone been under the buffet before??

Thanks for any help.

We have been in a few cabins on Riviera, on Sun, Sea & Dawn, both balcony and insides. Its our favourite deck. We love the quick access to pools, gym, one floor down from buffet. We honestly haven't ever been disturbed by noise from the deck above, or the passage way.

We have been in a few cabins on Riviera, on Sun, Sea & Dawn, both balcony and insides. Its our favourite deck. We love the quick access to pools, gym, one floor down from buffet. We honestly haven't ever been disturbed by noise from the deck above, or the passage way.

Thanks Cbtours..... I can see there could be a lot of advantages and couldn't really see that there would be much noise from the buffet above... My main concern is the cabin is literally right next door to the door into the officer's cabins and the Bridge... Just worried that the door might bang closed when accessed. I am a very light sleeper!! One of the reasons why we like an inside cabin.

The area immediately forward of R312 has officers' cabins, then the bridge. Definitely off-limits to passengers. The closest forward viewing decks would be on either deck 11 or deck 14.

The door in that location on the Sea Princess has a 'soft and slow' closing mechanism so there wouldn't be much noise, but I'm not sure if the same applies on the Sun Princess. If you feel any noise would be a problem, maybe you could see if there is a cabin a little bit further back or even in the middle (R318 etc.).

The area immediately forward of R312 has officers' cabins, then the bridge. Definitely off-limits to passengers. The closest forward viewing decks would be on either deck 11 or deck 14.

The door in that location on the Sea Princess has a 'soft and slow' closing mechanism so there wouldn't be much noise, but I'm not sure if the same applies on the Sun Princess. If you feel any noise would be a problem, maybe you could see if there is a cabin a little bit further back or even in the middle (R318 etc.).

Thanks Aus Traveller..... Amazingly ALL inside cabins are sold out and waitlisted for a cruise that does not leave till mid 2016!!! We have requested to change cabins but we will wait and see... I am sure I would cope anyway just not ideal.

Thanks Aus Traveller..... Amazingly ALL inside cabins are sold out and waitlisted for a cruise that does not leave till mid 2016!!! We have requested to change cabins but we will wait and see... I am sure I would cope anyway just not ideal.

I'm pretty sure a lot of other cabins will become available before your cruise. Maybe a lot have been 'blocked off' for specific TAs and they will be released closer to the cruise date.