Port Canaveral Rental Car Help

Coopdog08

I often hear people saying they rent a car from Orlando, Tampa or Melbourne airports and drive to Port Canaveral. When you do this were do you return your car and how do you get from there to port or hotel depending upon where you are headed? I checked a couple rental car agencies out of the above listed locations and there was either no where to drop car off or the price was just to expensive. Please advise and thanks!

Avis has a location just a mile or two from the port. They will give you a ride to the port. We always drive through the port and drop our bags off then go to Avis to drop the car off. Then the shuttle takes us back to the port.

Give me an email address and I will send you a discount code that drops the one-way fees. It has worked for us a couple of times.

I have a car reserved from Orlando airport for 1 day dropping off in port canaveral. I rented with Enterprise and I called to make sure they have a shuttle to take us to the ship. It was a lot cheaper to rent a car for a day than to get a shuttle from the airport for 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by michiganredrose

I have a car reserved from Orlando airport for 1 day dropping off in port canaveral. I rented with Enterprise and I called to make sure they have a shuttle to take us to the ship. It was a lot cheaper to rent a car for a day than to get a shuttle from the airport for 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it cheaper to rent for one day vs couple hrs? Maybe that is why I am getting expensive prices.. I will most likely just call tomorrow vs using the website. Thanks

Have never cruised from Port Canaveral, tho have stopped there many many MANY times on cruises from NY! :rolleyes::p What is the distance between airport and cruise terminal? Coopdog08, we are on your cruise! (and you're on ours!!!)

Have never cruised from Port Canaveral, tho have stopped there many many MANY times on cruises from NY! :rolleyes::p What is the distance between airport and cruise terminal? Coopdog08, we are on your cruise! (and you're on ours!!!)

2 hrs from Tampa, 1 hr from Orlando and 45 min from Melbourne.

Twice so far we've rented from Budget at the airport in Orlando, then dropped it off at Budget. Gassed it up right at the station as soon as you get over the bridge. Super easy. Shuttle to the port courtesy of Budget. All the car rentals are on one street for the most part just over the bridge.

oh YES, rent for 24 hours even if you plan to return it early!

All the agencies in Canaveral/Cocoa Beach have shuttles to take you to the port; and all are within 3 miles of the port if you prefer to taxi it

here are your choices and their locations

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

Avis has a location just a mile or two from the port. They will give you a ride to the port. We always drive through the port and drop our bags off then go to Avis to drop the car off. Then the shuttle takes us back to the port.

Give me an email address and I will send you a discount code that drops the one-way fees. It has worked for us a couple of times.

Titan_Cruiser If you don't mind I would be interested in the one way discount code! We are planning on renting a car from MCO to the port in January and are thinking it would be possibly cheaper but also more convenient.

Titan_Cruiser If you don't mind I would be interested in the one way discount code! We are planning on renting a car from MCO to the port in January and are thinking it would be possibly cheaper but also more convenient.

I'm interested also. I don't think its against the rules to post the code here. If not, can you please email it to me at frang1121@yahoo.com. I appreciate your help and thank you

Hi, if you still have a discount code I can use please send me an email. damaster2232@yahoo.com

Thanks