Annoying new quirk on Princess Personalizer

flamomo

Since after entering the recent contest, my ID and password became no longer recognized, I re-registered for the site and now my same old ID and password work again ...... BUT NOW every time I go into the Personalizer to get into my booked cruises, I am required to enter my name, screen ID and birthdate in a popup to get a booking opened. Not difficult, of course, but a PITA. Just an annoying extra step.

I don't know what the Princess IT folks did wrong when they set up the contest, but some things on the Princess site sure are quirky now. Really wish they would get everything back to "normal"!!

Since after entering the recent contest, my ID and password became no longer recognized, I re-registered for the site and now my same old ID and password work again ...... BUT NOW every time I go into the Personalizer to get into my booked cruises, I am required to enter my name, screen ID and birthdate in a popup to get a booking opened. Not difficult, of course, but a PITA. Just an annoying extra step.

I don't know what the Princess IT folks did wrong when they set up the contest, but some things on the Princess site sure are quirky now. Really wish they would get everything back to "normal"!!

Well, that explains it. The same thing has happened to me! I was wondering why my password no longer worked. Grrrrrrr

As stated on the Princess FB page, and previous threads on this subject, do not re-register, call Princess Captain Circle and they will reset your password.

Edited by BarbaraP

I never entered the contest because the first day I tried it would not submit. After that I kept reading about problems for those that did enter. I have been having a problem long before the contest.

For several months now every few weeks I can not log in to the Personalizer with my current email address as an old email address appears. I had called Princess and they confirmed my correct email address and also had Captain's Circle confirm.

At first I thought that clearing my catch had something to do with it despite not clearing cookies.

I now know just to re-enter my current email address and password and once again say to remember me and all is good for several more weeks.:)

I never entered the contest because the first day I tried it would not submit. After that I kept reading about problems for those that did enter. I have been having a problem long before the contest.

For several months now every few weeks I can not log in to the Personalizer with my current email address as an old email address appears. I had called Princess and they confirmed my correct email address and also had Captain's Circle confirm.

At first I thought that clearing my catch had something to do with it despite not clearing cookies.

I now know just to re-enter my current email address and password and once again say to remember me and all is good for several more weeks.:)

That sounds like a browser issue... you'd have to clear your "autoform fill data" (in Chrome) or something like that... :)

As stated on the Princess FB page, and previous threads on this subject, do not re-register, call Princess Captain Circle and they will reset your password.

Unless you get one of the reps who has no clue what you're talking about.

That sounds like a browser issue... you'd have to clear your "autoform fill data" (in Chrome) or something like that... :)

Thanks for the advice but that is not the problem- autofill is disabled and the browsing data is cleared including autofill form data.

Happens with both IE and Chrome browsers.

Edited by BJS

Unless you get one of the reps who has no clue what you're talking about.

The Captain's Circle rep would certainly know what's going on... Just ask to be transferred to Captain's Circle...

If you're Canadian, you may want to think twice about re-registering (after entering the contest) to be able to 'log in' to the Princess website.

I 're-registered'; however, in doing so, for the address it would only allow U.S.A. as a country... and therefore I could only pick a U.S. state in the 'State/Province' drop box. I chose 'Washington' as the state and entered a WA zip code. I can access the site... and all my information is still there... except now, my address is incorrect and can not be edited (I can't change the country, and it does not offer a Canadian province).

I've contacted Princess through: Captain's Circle > Contact Us > Update Personal Information form. Hopefully, they can fix it.

I am ready to book a world cruise segment... but I'm not going to while such crucial information is incorrect.

How do you call the Captain's Circle? Is it a different # than the main line!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. My DH's sign in still works....good thing since I cannot get in using my sign in any longer.

I've also not been able to log in for days now - keeps saying my email and password do not match (when, in fact, they do).

I fnally re-registered thinking it would no longer recognize my saved cruises but it now both logs me in and recognizes my MyPrincess saved cruises.

I am so glad the site was down when I went to enter the contest. My chances of winning are slim to none and having to deal with the password quirk would have been more annoying than it is worth. Apparently Princess has hired some IT associates from Celebrity. Celebrity's website is a crap shoot on a good day.

After all of this trouble is there any proof that you were even entered into the contest?

Edited by Iamcruzin

I had the same problem where the site would not recognize my email/password. The online forgot my password link would also not recognize my password. I called the princess 1800 number and they reset my password and sent me a new password email. My account works fine now. Based on how quick the conversation was, they are getting quite a few phone calls on this issue.