New Grand Suite Oasis of the Seas - 12330

ryanc78

Oh and thank you very much for posting these!! I just want to verify that there is only one balcony entrance and it is from the living room. Thanks.

The pictures that they posted show a door leading to the balcony from the bedroom as well as one from the living room.

The pictures that they posted show a door leading to the balcony from the bedroom as well as one from the living room.

Ok, when I first looked, I could not tell if that was an open door from the living room. I see it better now. That is one concern I had. I like to go on the balcony in the morning and did not want to climb over the kids to get out there:)

Ok, when I first looked, I could not tell if that was an open door from the living room. I see it better now. That is one concern I had. I like to go on the balcony in the morning and did not want to climb over the kids to get out there:)

I think the suite on 14 has 2 balconies

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have this booked in November, but put a traditional GS on hold for the sailing two weeks before....We have 4 sailing, my husband and our two girls, 8 and 11. I kind of like the idea of having a separate room. We have always had one room that we all shared. We have never stayed in a suite. When the beds are out, it is always crowded in the cabin, but that is only at night when we are headed to bed and in the morning before we leave for breakfast. If we stayed in the traditional GS, the living room would be crowded with the sofabed as well right? The regular GS only has one bathroom, and the extra sink won't be that major amenity for us. Can you tell me more about the closets? Do you feel like it is enough storage?

We were in 11330 last week which is the largest of the new cabins. I would not put 4 people in this room. We had 3 and it was tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Had this room booked in november for late april 2015 sailing until i read the reviews and saw some pics that were posted.

I ran to my agent and was lucky enough to get a regular

grand suite on deck 9. Sure dodged that bullet!

This room would not have been big enough since we are taking our daughter with us. Rcl seems to be deceiving every body with the

deck plans and descriptions of these new suites. Not to mention you can't get anything out of rcl as far as pics or layouts of these new

grand suites.if i hadn't run across cruise critic.com and read the reviews i would have been really disappointed with this room.

Here are the closets. Sorry, I know they're a mess. ImageUploadedByForums1418184208.473837.jpg.97de16d906a692b9ea324dd443861df9.jpg

Also, to confirm...Yes, there are 2 sliders to the balcony.

For those of you curious about the deck 14 balcony it does look tiny. Here's a photo from our balcony looking up at theirs. It's not even wide enough for any furniture. ImageUploadedByForums1418184438.050121.jpg.5f8ccb6fd022929087271a0b667d7246.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418184125.272191.jpg.1afabae617e26f28db7a07c91077eb5b.jpg

Here are the closets. Sorry, I know they're a mess. [ATTACH]333510[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333511[/ATTACH]

For those of you curious about the deck 14 balcony it does look tiny. Here's a photo from our balcony looking up at theirs. It's not even wide enough for any furniture. [ATTACH]333512[/ATTACH]

So are those the only storage areas?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were in 11330 last week which is the largest of the new cabins. I would not put 4 people in this room. We had 3 and it was tight.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. We have never had two rooms on a cruise before. It would change our dynamic completely. The kids are excited to have their own tv and my husband and I can enjoy watching a movie at night instead of cartoons:). We can actually get to the balcony in the morning without waking the kids up. Things are tight in a balcony cabin, you know? That is what we are used to. When the beds were out on our last cruise on the Celebrity Reflection, one daughter had to step over the other to get to the bathroom and we had no easy access to the fridge or the balcony door. I realize I am paying for a suite and should have the feeling of a suite....I am still thinking about it. Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Travalerie

Here are the closets. Sorry, I know they're a mess. [ATTACH]333510[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333511[/ATTACH]

For those of you curious about the deck 14 balcony it does look tiny. Here's a photo from our balcony looking up at theirs. It's not even wide enough for any furniture. [ATTACH]333512[/ATTACH]

Thanks for sharing. This looks fine for us. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

• 4 weeks later...
Are Grand Suites sold out already?:confused::eek::confused:

I've been looking at a few Oasis sailings and most I look at both GS and OS are sold out!! I think people are starting to let them know that like what they have done with suite perks on Oasis!!!

It's hard for me to look at the pictures of this suite. I have 10 rooms booked on Deck 12 aft -- right next to the public Aqua-deck... That is now gone and replaced by this suite.

So bummed they took this public area away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll try to answer as many of the questions as possible.

- There are 2 closets for clothing and drawers in the living room for storage.

Are the closets in the living room? We have 11330 booked. I know the views are amazing but not quite sure about the cabin layout. Unfortunately all GS are sold out....for now.

Are the closets in the living room? We have 11330 booked. I know the views are amazing but not quite sure about the cabin layout. Unfortunately all GS are sold out....for now.

One closet in the living room and one in the bedroom.

If you will be traveling in this room, can you please get more photos of it? The 6'5 husband wants out of here but there are no more GS on our cruise at this time so we are stuck for the foreseeable future. Hoping to get more photos. Thanks!

I am 6'1" and it was tight for me. Showers were challenging.

I am sailing on Oasis on 01/30/2015 in GS Stateroom 11730. Just my wife and I. Looking forward to those balcony views. I will post a review and pics when I get back. Also have Oasis GS 12730 in Feb, 2016.

Thanks Danno, looking forward to those pics. I have 11330 in the spring of 2016. It's a long way off, and I've read the mixed reviews, but I'm hanging onto this cabin for now.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am sailing on Oasis on 01/30/2015 in GS Stateroom 11730. Just my wife and I. Looking forward to those balcony views. I will post a review and pics when I get back. Also have Oasis GS 12730 in Feb, 2016.

We have this room booked for 5/23/15 sailing. Can't wait to see pixs and get your feedback.

Judith