Flight back to US from Barcelona ?

jsf

kenish, Thanks for this information.

The eTicket itinerary and receipts I got from RC Cruise and the United web site simply showed class L for each flight and when it was booked the flights showed as a standard non-refundable economy which I was told could be modified with the payment of a change fee along with the payment of the difference of possible increase price. It also had the baggage size/weight allowances and fees, 1st no cost, 2nd $100.

As mentioned in my previous post I was able to pick decent seats for this low cost travel so I had all the information I needed.

It did have a low pecking order status but I wouldn't have expected, for what we paid, to have the same service, if this came about, that a full Fare Unrestricted First Class or Economy ticket would get.;)

Edited by robtulipe

We were on an RCI Serenade Med cruise this past fall.

Flew home one way Nov.6, Barcelona-Calgary, Canada, on a cruise air ticket. $475 USD each. British Airways flight with one stop in LHR.

You can actually get on the Celebrity/RCI/Azamara Choice Air site and check out the flight costs even if you do not have a booking.

One thing that we noticed when doing this was the first airline that came up was a United/AC flight for $750. We were able to expand the offering to several airlines and it was only then that the BA option was displayed. It happened to be about the best option for us from an elapsed flight time perspective-and it was by far the least expensive.

Edited by iancal

kenish, Thanks for this information.

The eTicket itinerary and receipts I got from RC Cruise and the United web site simply showed class L for each flight

Good that it worked out...for future reference, fare rules may contain other restrictions that are far more important than seat requests and miles if something goes amok. For example, "reroutable" means the airline can rebook you on flights using an alternate route, and "endorseable" means they can rebook you on another airline's flight. Example: you're flying United DEN-IAH-MIA and the first leg is cancelled. Even though United can get you there DEN-ORD-MIA or a DEN-MIA nonstop, or put you on American DEN-DFW-MIA or Delta DEN-ATL-MIA, those aren't options if your ticket is non-reroutable/ non-endorseable. Many cruise air tickets have this restriction. On the surface, it's an "L" class ticket but the cruiseline won't reveal the full fare code so you can find this out. Definitely read the sticky at the top of this board.

What Christine Frances was trying to show is the flights details that Choice Air shows with each travel option. Here is similar info for a one way from CPH to BUF.

attachment.php?attachmentid=333732&d=1418460882

I have read the sticky at the top of the Cruise Air page but , IMO, that is more applicable to the old cruise air where one paid for the cruise flights at final payment without knowing the flight details. This you got much later, typically 30 days prior to the cruise and I've read here on CC about horrible itineraries being given sometimes. I never used this because of this possibility.

The nice thing about RC Choice Air is that you pick, thus know your air itinerary prior to paying for this.

CrAir.jpg.205207ad99b00edcb26790006223e03e.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Also one can click on "Baggage and Change fees may apply" on the RC Choice Air flight option page and you get this information screen but for this example no fare rules are showing. It appears on Christine Frances attachment there is some fare info but as posted above it is too small to read.

attachment.php?attachmentid=333751&d=1418488809

CrAir02.jpg.f810e7cc558805688b7584fb72a16e1d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

The nice thing about RC Choice Air is that you pick, thus know your air itinerary prior to paying for this.

Whilst you may know what itinerary you have do you know the fare rules? flexibility? endorsability? re-routability?

As has been demonstrated by the experts here trying to figure out exactly what you've bought with the Cruise Air options is nigh on impossible. Yet, they seem to get away with selling it as somehow some kind of safe option where you'll be cared for or insured you'll make your ship even if you get delayed. That's nonsense.

Opened the images you linked...unfortunately they're too small to read, and if I enlarge them they "pixellate". Is there any way to provide a larger image?

Here are the fare rules from image on left that were in blue (Premium Economy) I could not figure out how to post the image larger so I copied and pasted lol

details on baggage allowances.

FARE RULES

RU.RULE APPLICATION

MN.MIN STAY

MX.MAX STAY

SE.SEASONS

BO.BLACKOUTS

DA.DAY/TIME

SR.SALES RESTRICT

TR.TVL RESTRICTION

AP.ADVANCE RES/TKT

FL.FLT APPLICATION

CD.CHILD DISCOUNTS

TC.TOUR CONDUCTOR

AD.AGTS DISCOUNTS

OD.OTHER DISCOUNTS

SO.STOPOVERS

TF.TRANSFERS/RTGS

SU.SURCHARGES

EL.ELIGIBILITY

AC.ACCOMPANY TVL

TE.TKT ENDORSEMENT

PE.PENALTIES

CO.COMBINABILITY

HI.HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT

DE.DEPOSITS

GP.GROUPS

TO.TOURS

VI.VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY

MD.MISCELLANEOUS DATA

VC.VOLUNTARY CHANGES

TE.TKT ENDORSEMENT

THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED -

REFUNDABLE/CXLFEE/CHGFEE - IN THE ENDORSEMENT BOX.

Edited by Christine Frances

Here are the fare rules from image on left that were in blue (Premium Economy) I could not figure out how to post the image larger so I copied and pasted lol

details on baggage allowances.

FARE RULES

RU.RULE APPLICATION

MN.MIN STAY

MX.MAX STAY

SE.SEASONS

BO.BLACKOUTS

DA.DAY/TIME

SR.SALES RESTRICT

TR.TVL RESTRICTION

AP.ADVANCE RES/TKT

FL.FLT APPLICATION

CD.CHILD DISCOUNTS

TC.TOUR CONDUCTOR

AD.AGTS DISCOUNTS

OD.OTHER DISCOUNTS

SO.STOPOVERS

TF.TRANSFERS/RTGS

SU.SURCHARGES

EL.ELIGIBILITY

AC.ACCOMPANY TVL

TE.TKT ENDORSEMENT

PE.PENALTIES

CO.COMBINABILITY

HI.HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT

DE.DEPOSITS

GP.GROUPS

TO.TOURS

VI.VISIT ANOTHER COUNTRY

MD.MISCELLANEOUS DATA

VC.VOLUNTARY CHANGES

TE.TKT ENDORSEMENT

THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED -

REFUNDABLE/CXLFEE/CHGFEE - IN THE ENDORSEMENT BOX.

Thanks...this is a list of "headings" to a typical fare rule but not the fare rule. Each of these items has term(s) and condition(s) attached, which may be a few words to several paragraphs. For example, whether or not the fare is reroutable or not will be contained in "Transfers/Rtgs" (Maybe the original webpage is a link, and the "fine print" opens when you click on each topic?)

Thanks...this is a list of "headings" to a typical fare rule but not the fare rule. Each of these items has term(s) and condition(s) attached, which may be a few words to several paragraphs. For example, whether or not the fare is reroutable or not will be contained in "Transfers/Rtgs" (Maybe the original webpage is a link, and the "fine print" opens when you click on each topic?)

It does. I "clicked " on Ticket Endorsement in the post

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It does. I "clicked " on Ticket Endorsement in the post

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is what shows on RC Choice Air when Fare Rules info is available which in this case was for a premium economy ticket. As I mentioned above this info didn't show with the regular economy fare. When you click on each heading it shows that information.

attachment.php?attachmentid=333802&d=1418568709

CrAir04.jpg.fab3812541043c59ffd7436ad2cd5fa2.jpg

Edited by robtulipe