Miami Hotel Recommendations

angie16451

We are looking to stay on the beach somewhere after a cruise. I am looking for a more modern hotel with a beach. Trying to spend under $300. We also will not have a vehicle. Please give me some ideas, it is so difficult on trip advisor!

Yikes...a weekend in mid January! I would look at the discount sites. Lastminutetravel.com is a good start. Wanting to be on the beach rather than a block or so off makes the rates soar. Too if you aren't interested in any art deco hotels, you limit yourself.

I am ok with a little bit larger boutique hotels, as long as they are clean and more modern. I would be fine with something close to the beach and/or beach view. Specifically I want something close to shopping/ restaurants as we will not have a vehicle.... Recommendations?????

Look at hotels on Collins ...1600 and lower will have you in walking distance to Lincoln Mall for shopping and restaurants and one block off Ocean dr. (beach). Your problem is booking late. We stayed 5 days at La Flora but it looks full that weekend.( Small hotel with great staff, fun little bar, perfect location a block from the beach,park,etc.)

Take a look at trip advisor's list . Some of the smaller renovated art deco places get very high reviews. Might not have a resort feel, but location is important.

Edited by eandj

Look at Hotel Impala. It's right next door to LaFlora. The location is perfect. I see it on Expedia for $245. See the reviews on trip advisor! Not a resort or on beach, but within your budget.

Edited by eandj

Just my two cents. There are hundreds of hotels but not sure how many fit your budget.

Rather than start here start with something like expedia.com to see what is out there and prices.

Then from there as you narrow it down ask for input and also look at other sites such as trip advisor to read reviews.

That was you expand your options.

If this was a small town then starting here is a good idea but this is Miami.

Just my two cents and the approach I take to researching my options.

Keith

Thank you for everyones input! I certainly have been looking on tripadvisor, but it is difficult to know what part of that area to stay! Is there things to do in "middle beach"? (walking distance) That seems a little more laid back. Or do we want to be in south beach to be in walking distance of things?

Thank you for everyones input! I certainly have been looking on tripadvisor, but it is difficult to know what part of that area to stay! Is there things to do in "middle beach"? (walking distance) That seems a little more laid back. Or do we want to be in south beach to be in walking distance of things?

The South Seas Hotel is under your budget for that weekend, oceanfront, and within very close walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall. It is a great hotel and includes breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading these boards, great advice. I am now torn on the two Courtyard by Marriotts. One is located at 1530 Washington Avenue, and the other one is at 3925 Collins Avenue. Does anyone know the difference betwee the two? Thanks for all your input?

Look at hotels on Collins ...1600 and lower will have you in walking distance to Lincoln Mall for shopping and restaurants and one block off Ocean dr. (beach). Your problem is booking late. We stayed 5 days at La Flora but it looks full that weekend.( Small hotel with great staff, fun little bar, perfect location a block from the beach,park,etc.)

Take a look at trip advisor's list . Some of the smaller renovated art deco places get very high reviews. Might not have a resort feel, but location is important.

Look at Hotel Impala. It's right next door to LaFlora. The location is perfect. I see it on Expedia for $245. See the reviews on trip advisor! Not a resort or on beach, but within your budget.

We stayed at that hotel for 5 nights a couple years ago and it was horrid.......I would not recommend it........it was less boutique and more horrible........

Leah