Distilled water

alwayslisad

Although there are limits to the amount of wine/champagne you can take on board, and a total ban on other alcohol, the same does not apply to non-alcoholic drinks.

If you wish, you can put a couple of six packs of water (do you really mean distilled?) into a (zipped - so nothing falls out) bag and label it up just like your main baggage.

You can then hand it in with your main baggage and it will be delivered to your stateroom.

Under the Special Dietary request, there is a link for more information. Click on that and under distilled water it states no charge for those that need this water for bipap or Cpap machines. Click on the request and put in that you need this for that purpose and you should get the water in your cabin.

My DH and I both use Cpap machines and distilled water. (Imagine a couple of muzzled dogs who 'click' good night!) Go ahead and order it from your My Princess account. You should receive an email confirmation. There is no charge. Princess will have a one gallon bottle left in your cabin. If for some reason ith is not there when you arrive, your cabin attendant will take care of it for you.

No need to lug a bottle with you in your luggage.

Thank you everyone. My husband's bipap states distilled water only as it has a humidifier in it. I will do a special request.

A little information (that you didn't request:rolleyes:)

Distilled water is used to prevent a build-up of mineral deposits in the chamber. If you are ever in a situation where it isn't available, just use tap water. Tap water is fine for a short period of time (like a 7 day cruise).

Anytime you get a mineral build-up (assuming you aren't due for a new chamber) [you can get a new one every 6-12 months depending on your insurance] - soak the chamber in a 1:2 or 1:3 mix of vinegar:water.

Another thought: the ship "tap" water is probably very close to distilled due to the method of extraction that is used.

Be sure you bring a spare cushion or nasal pillows and some duct tape in case you spring a leak.

Also, always carry a nice long extension cord (6 feet? or so), the outlets are never where they need to be.

I also use a Bipap machine. All I do is request it in the personalizer, noting that I need it in the cabin for the Bipap, and it has appeared. They give you a gallon, no charge. If you need more, just ask your cabin steward. It's that easy.:)

Also, always carry a nice long extension cord (6 feet? or so), the outlets are never where they need to be.

Just a heads-up, many times a 6 ft. cord isn't going to cut it. I carry a 15 foot extension cord for my CPAP and needed every bit of it in our Window Suite on the Golden.

Grey