New Delta Flight Category Question If Ticket Already Purchased

Dave4120

Hello again to everyone who helped me understand so many things before I purchased our airline tickets.

We purchased our round trip tickets from Syracuse, NY to Barcelona and back that included a change of planes each way at JFK on Delta's website for late April.

We then upgraded from Economy Comfort to Business/Elite class for a crazy low price and do have our seats and reservation confirmed.

I read yesterday, that as of March 15th, Delta is renaming their cabin categories. I think they said Business/Elite will now be called "Delta One"

My question...do you think this will just be a name change and our reservation and assigned seats in the former Business/Elite name class will remain the same? Or will this name change disrupt existing reservations like ours and I will have to rebook or choose our seats over again?

Thank-you again for your time and help.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello again to everyone who helped me understand so many things before I purchased our airline tickets.

We purchased our round trip tickets from Syracuse, NY to Barcelona and back that included a change of planes each way at JFK on Delta's website for late April.

We then upgraded from Economy Comfort to Business/Elite class for a crazy low price and do have our seats and reservation confirmed.

I read yesterday, that as of March 15th, Delta is renaming their cabin categories. I think they said Business/Elite will now be called "Delta One"

My question...do you think this will just be a name change and our reservation and assigned seats in the former Business/Elite name class will remain the same? Or will this name change disrupt existing reservations like ours and I will have to rebook or choose our seats over again?

Thank-you again for your time and help.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got the same email from DL...I would assume it's just a name change with some enhancement...Double check your booking reservation but I doubt this will change the seats you have already booked.

It's now going to be:

Delta One

First Class

Delta Comfort +

Main Cabin

Basic Economy

Delta One is the rebranded Business Elite, along with transcon premium service from JFK to LAX/SFO. First Class is domestic first. Delta Comfort+ is rebranded Economy Comfort. Main Cabin is rebranded coach. Basic Economy is coach, but with heavily restricted tickets and limited benefits (such as no advance seat selection, no elite upgrades etc).

So for a change, Delta borrowed an idea - confusing cabin class names - from United. Global First/Business First/First/Business/Economy Plus/Economy. Then there's Global Services which you can get if you fly enough, even in economy.

I wouldn't worry. This is just marketing obfuscating things to justify their continued employment.

So for a change, Delta borrowed an idea - confusing cabin class names - from United. Global First/Business First/First/Business/Economy Plus/Economy. Then there's Global Services which you can get if you fly enough, even in economy.

Global Services on UA has nothing to do with cabin class. It's just the top tier of the FF program.

I got the same email from DL...I would assume it's just a name change with some enhancement...Double check your booking reservation but I doubt this will change the seats you have already booked.

Haha. Delta uses the word "enhancement" to mean one of two things:

a) a reduction in some benefit or service

b) a reinstatement of some benefit or service they previously took away

Haha. Delta uses the word "enhancement" to mean one of two things:

a) a reduction in some benefit or service

b) a reinstatement of some benefit or service they previously took away

I have trouble remembering anything in the second category. Yes, a few things that came back right after Leo Mullin left, but nothing since Grinstein and then Anderson had their way.

But the former....let me count the ways.

It sounds like Basic Economy may not be on all flights or routes. The intent is an absolutely rock-bottom price with add-on fees for everything, to compete with Spirit's price structure. It will be interesting to see if BE expands or dies off...based on history, it will thrive!

Global Services on UA has nothing to do with cabin class. It's just the top tier of the FF program.

I know that, sorry my remark was oblique. It seems that when United can't think of anything creative, they stick "Global" in it. If your not a United cognoscenti you might think Global Services has something to do with a worldwide provider of janitors or something.

I know that, sorry my remark was oblique. It seems that when United can't think of anything creative, they stick "Global" in it. If your not a United cognoscenti you might think Global Services has something to do with a worldwide provider of janitors or something.

Plus you have to be invited to be a Global Services member. There are no published requirements, you just get an invitation one day from the big office in Chicago. :D There are many folks who do 100k miles year after year and never get it....then one day poof out of nowhere they now have GS. :confused:

The only way i'll ever get it is with a computer error...I don't think my silver status and 25-30k miles a year is going to cut it. :eek: