Is it true about UK

LITTLE OL ME

I have heard from more than one source, one of which is very reliable, and seen on web sites that the Vista is going to be home ported in the UK and not here in America. It will be operating not only med cruises but also the Baltics like last year.They say its going to be in Dover England, which coincidently is near to that Senior cruise directors home. So it looks like the English have got our new ship. Does anybody know ??

It's possible it may be doing some European cruises before coming to the states, like those that have done before her.

So much speculation. The only place I haven't heard is outer space.

Actually, I heard it from a friend who has a friend at HQ that the ship will be assigned to the Mars Jupiter 36 month cruise. Same menu and entertainment for the entire 36 month cruise!:eek:

Very interesting indeed. Back in 2008 the Splendor had a very successful season in the Mediterranean and the Baltics based out of the UK. The Legend returned there a few years later so this scenario is highly plausible.

I have heard from more than one source, one of which is very reliable, and seen on web sites that the Vista is going to be home ported in the UK and not here in America. It will be operating not only med cruises but also the Baltics like last year.They say its going to be in Dover England, which coincidently is near to that Senior cruise directors home. So it looks like the English have got our new ship. Does anybody know ??

What do you mean by "the English have got our ship"

Very interesting indeed. Back in 2008 the Splendor had a very successful season in the Mediterranean and the Baltics based out of the UK. The Legend returned there a few years later so this scenario is highly plausible.

She may stop there, but I have it from a credible source her home port will be in the US. I have said before, either New Orleans or Galveston (and my money is on Galveston).

We are planning on doing our first cruise on the Vista in Europe. I would love to have the options of western med, eastern med and Northern Europe to choose from. Can't wait till January 22 for more info, renderings and more.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She may stop there, but I have it from a credible source her home port will be in the US. I have said before, either New Orleans or Galveston (and my money is on Galveston).

We are planning on doing our first cruise on the Vista in Europe. I would love to have the options of western med, eastern med and Northern Europe to choose from. Can't wait till January 22 for more info, renderings and more.....

Well, I hope Carnival publishes some itinerary unformation ahead of time. I am waiting patiently to hear more too. :D

Wow, now whats a person to do...Just yesterday someone else with a credible source said absolutely, without doubt the Vista will be home ported in the UK. So confused.

Wow, now whats a person to do...Just yesterday someone else with a credible source said absolutely, without doubt the Vista will be home ported in the UK. So confused.

Some how I think you will get through the day.;) Just remember and come back and tell me when you here it from Carnival who was correct. Check that person's posts (in all of their ID forms) and mine.:cool:

Yes, Galveston. Follow the the trail of abundant money.

Thank you

As with most things in commerce, that is exactly what happens. Galveston has been an excellent producing port for Carnival. There are about 7 million plus within a 3 hour drive. Numbers don't lie. To be totally truthful, there are port limitations and weather issue to counter act that, but they are small in comparison. We will see.

As with most things in commerce, that is exactly what happens. Galveston has been an excellent producing port for Carnival. There are about 7 million plus within a 3 hour drive. Numbers don't lie. To be totally truthful, there are port limitations and weather issue to counter act that, but they are small in comparison. We will see.

The greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area has 12 million inhabitants, yet most cruise lines have pulled out of the area.

The greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area has 12 million inhabitants, yet most cruise lines have pulled out of the area.

The difference is people in Texas fill many ships, LA could not fill the Splendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Touché.

Galveston continues to command higher prices with fewer unallocated berths.

Don't know how many berths are filled or not, but I can tell you that Carnival is happy, read that as very happy with how Galveston is selling.

Maybe it just means people want to get away from Texas and are happy to stay in California.

Maybe it just means people want to get away from Texas and are happy to stay in California.

maybe.........or maybe it means that Carnival tried a new ship there and they could not (would not, for whatever reason) support it so they won't be trying that again. ;) The point is, Carnival wants to make put the Vista where they will get the biggest bang for the buck, California would not make the top 5 of possible locations.